December 21, 2014 | 1768 users online

Pressed Powders - Avon - Ideal Shade Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by habana

It's called ideal flawless now (not sure why the other reviewer said it was being discontinued?). This is my HG pressed powder. I like it even better than Rimmel stay matte. It works well banishing shine without my face looking too powdery or cakey. I do have to touch up at some point during the day, but I have to do that with every powder I've tried.

I love the case design. It has a large mirror and comes with a puff for applying. Great for carrying with you to retouch during the day, and the case closes securely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I managed to buy 1 before it got discontinued (bummer!!). Got it in Tawny which is 2 shades too dark but i wore it when my skin became tanned during my summer holiday. Love the fact i don't look like i'm wearing makeup it just disappears into the skin while making my skin look matte. Having very oily combination skin, i still need to touch up but not as often. It does help control oil. I wish Avon still sell this cos i will definitely stock up! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Don't know why I have not tried this brand before now but it is actually really good. I got this one in light/med. and it is great for Winter but I think I will order a shade darker for the rest of this Summer/Fall months. It is very finely milled & goes on so smooth. I love the feel on my face. It is so light weight. I do not smell much of a scent either. I do like face powder that has a nice smell but since this is so good & inexpensive, I can fore go the nice smell. The coverage is really pretty good too. It is not overly thick so if I have a place that needs a bit extra touch up, it is easy to do. I will buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Ereee

excellent product. Comparable to the expensive luxury brands. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylaura1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently ordered this powder just to try it out. I actually loved this powder to touch up thru out the day and to set my liquid foundation. This powder actually does help in controling the oil. Specially right now that I tend to get oily in the summer I am using this and it just mattifies my makeup beautifully.. I am NC35-37 in Mac I purchased this in Neutral but it is a little light for me. I will buy the next shade and update this review. I would reccomend this to anyone to use for touch ups or setting only.. Alone it does not give any coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by polly2990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love this product!! Instantly matifies my face and gives its a smooth finish. I have really oily skin and this keep my skin from getting more oily. I got this in the neutral shade and the color matches very well. The powder is pretty much translucent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

an amazing product from Avon! Actually, Avon has been one of my favorite brands lately.

This powder is finely milled, never cakey and looks very natural on the skin.

I'm NC20 and I got Light, it's a perfect match! I'm going to have to get a back-up b/c I think this is being discontinued.....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by SinominGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Fair (the only other shade available over here is Light Medium). I wanted to use something to even out my skintone a bit, but I didn't want to use foundation of fear that it would make my skin appear oily. So I chose this, mainly because it wasn't expensive and looked nice enough.

At first, I was very satisfied. It gives quite good coverage for a pressed powder, and evens out skin tone nicely. I applied it with a brush, because I hate puffs.

Then, I bought a liquid mineral foundation (Maybelline's new Affinitone), and on top of that, it looks a bit too orange. Maybe it's just the combination of the two, or the Maybelline is too orange in itself already, I can't really decide.

All in all, it's a great translucent powder, if you're new to pressed powder, I think this is a great first choice. I think I'll still use it in the summer until it's finished, but I'm moving on to something else after that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to think that cheap powders, including Avon powders, deliver only half of what they promised for. But not with this powder, I can really compare it with MAC Sheer Pressed Powder at a dirt cheap price. Plus, this powder has not caused me breakouts or rashes unlike Clinique's and Revlon's. The texture is fine-milled so that when it applies to my skin, i don't feel any heavy consistency. The real test happened when I went to client factory visit, with dust and smoke all over. Though I sweat a lot during that time, the powder just remained intact and did not look cakey. The packaging is also elegant that I am not ashamed to touch-up in public because its expensive-looking. Though, I touch-up several times in a day. But hey I love flashing it around and re-applying so even a plus for me. Glad I tried this Avon powder. Im addicted already.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I really like this product. It is a very nice powder, I have very oily skin and this did help but I still did have to blot after a couple of hours but I still like it I got toffee which is almost the exact same color as my mac nw45 powder just not orange, buildable coverage, I've found my new fav powder. Update: This powder has sooo many ingredients and one of them is bismuth which makes my face itch, so I probably will finish it then not repurchase.