September 17, 2014 | 1950 users online

Powder - Lancome - Color Ideal Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

Wow. What a nice powder. This powder makes my face look smoooooth. Makes pores look smaller and will not collect in lines. Also, does not go on too thick. It really perfects the skin. It does run a hair dark so I buy a color one lighter than I normally do. It has no smell and is oil free so it does not clog pores or irritate skin. Such a winner of a powder. I love it. Also, it seems to last a pretty long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by organicjunkiee

This powder doesn't make ur facial skin look chalky... It's very finely milled pressed powder... And it is the best powder used by me ever... Hope Lancôme won't discontinue this product... It last fairly long so that kind of makes up for the exorbitant cost, I used powder brush to put this on ma face so u need very little of this product ... and it will usually last 6 to 8 hrs... Gives a nice luminous finish...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by rhazim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG powder...easy, great coverage with no fragrance.
    Elegant packaging too.
    My skin is somewhat oily in summer, but this powder doesn't even break a sweat absorbing moisture, it's fantastic.
    No mask effect as I get with some other powders, and it's easy to match your colour.
    Repurchase? Definitely, despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lancôme was my first "pricey" makeup brand way back in the day and I always have a soft spot for it.. I was testing smashbox halo powder for school to simplify my routine but it was too dark and then I remembered I had my Lancôme powder. I use it often it's time I give t a review. This is a effective lightweight powder that provides nice medium overage wth great color matches I am a warm olive skinned year round and I believe I match to medium50. Great quality and you get plenty of product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by stylemaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm writing again to say this has become the foundation -- in both senses of the word -- of my stash. Good by, expensive and time-consuming Armani Sculpting Cream and Loose Powder (Oh, all right -- I'll keep you around for uber-fancy occasions). Sayonara, Aveda Inner Light Tinted Moisturizer in Beechwood. I loved you, but I don't need you now. Just a quick pass with this streamlined baby and I look airbrushed! Lucky me, I have no serious issues (birthmarks, redness, dark circles), or I might need to stick with the Armani, which does provide more coverage.

After my SPF moisturizer, I really just need this powder (I'm Med 10N), lip balm, eyeliner, mascara, and some sort of lip/cheek colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. I've been getting away from some of the "all natural" skin care and make up items (I started feeling really frumpy and like the products just weren't working), and one of the first things I did was plop myself down at the Lancome counter for a consultation.

Anyway, this powder is great. I brush it on by itself over concealer or over foundation, and it provides slight coverage and a beautiful finish. It keeps shine at bay for most of the day, and it does not clog my pores or make my face itch. It's a little pricey, but a little bit goes along way, and the finish is so great that I would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister, who is actually lighter than me, bought this for herself then gave it to me since she didn't want to wear powder anymore. i have it in Dark 10 N. I gladly took it, though I wasn't expecting much. I'd never used Lancome products before. To my surprise, this matched my skintone very well. What I like about this powder is that it doesn't look like I've used powder (unlike some other powders make me look). The texture is also very velvety and fine, which I love. I don't use it with the brush it came with. I don't like the brush at all. I will be buying this powder when it runs out. And I'll also check out the rest of Lancome's products, since this one worked so well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

daria werbowy's lancome ads are absolutely to die for, particularly her skin: matte yet glowing, porcelain but with some color, all-around stunning. naturally, i had to try lancome's powder to try to achieve the finished look she has (could i maybe get her body too?). although i cant have my whole wish, this powder really reduced shine and had a lovely velvety finish. also, i have olive undertones in my skin, which can often make colors look chalky or grey, but this one had a nice warmth. nothing complicated here, just a great basic that offers great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I went to sephora yesterday looking for the perfect powder to apply over my foundation. I tried YSL and the colors were to grayish on my skin and it looked obvious that I was wearing powder. I tried Dior but the texture wasn't good. I also tried Nars but the colors looked too chalky on my skin. Then I noticed Daria Werbowy's beautiful ad for Lancome and thought why not give it a try. I got this powder in 04 for my medium toned skin. The texture is SO smooth and the results are amazing. It doesn't even look like I am wearing powder. It also gives me that Victoria Secret healthy and sexy glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been going mad this fall with my foundations! I like many, but now that it is fall my skin does not want to respond very well. I love a powder foundation if it does not let me look like a birthday cake or a sand dune. I got this out of my box - The Lancome Powder foundation - Color Ideal. I tried it for this fall and it seems to do better than any powder foundation I have used for awhile except my MN Luxiva Powder foundation in neutral. My skin has never changed this much, but then, I am older!! I cannot get by with anything anymore.
    I tried this foundation in my Light 20 C - and found I could do this if I am careful not to overload and do a good moisturizer - of course my EL Day Wear Plus. I have stayed away from cool shades for awhile, but have found this one works quite well and gives my face a little color even though it is one of the lightest shades. I would certainly recommend this to those who want to get away from a cakey powder foundation. This is truly "color ideal" as it does adjust to one's skin, just like it says.
    I am glad I took this out of my makeup bag and tried it again after a year or two. I liked it then, but was on a trip and put it away. Now, why did I do that for - I will use this for awhile and relax a bit with all of my foundation overhauls - maybe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No