September 30, 2014 | 2013 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Brightening Eye Color - Punk Funk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

LOVE this palette!! My favourite is the pink that I wear over my bright pink eyeliner by MUFE. This combo stays on all day, not irritating to the eye and looks awesome especially when it's a subtle line here and here on the eyes.

It was $3 in Australia but I've noticed they have changed the pink of late to a more dusty colour - boo! So I went and bought the bright pink versions online as one of those just incase things.

The purple and blue are nice too which is great because they are the other colored eyeliners I use. The eyeshadow powder just sets the eyeliner and really brings out the colour. This way they last all day AND don't smudge on the lid. I am so impressed!

I like that its small and portable. The applicators it comes with are standard but do the job when I just want to layer it over liner. They blend well if I ever actually get around to anything fancier. The shades are so complimentary of each other and the other colours mite the brightness of the pink, if that's why you're after. Conversely, the pink helps bring out the purple and blue hues too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

Not insanely pigmented, but works well with a white base or primer. On its own, I find that it's more pigmented than ELF's Flawless Eyeshadow quads, which I greatly disliked, so that's a plus. And it's a dollar less.

What annoys me most is how much fallout there is. There's lots of these little lumps of powder in the quad after I use my brush.

But this is not too bad. I think if you're an avid user of bold colours, I would go for something else. But if you're wanting some bright colours to use for a special occasion (night out, Halloween, et cetera) then this is worth it for $1. Just make sure you use a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by LGranter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This quad is awesome! I've used the colors together and with other palettes. I love the white highlight color and the shimmery pink. Take note, the purple is nearly a perfect dupe for Sugarpill Poison Plum, though perhaps a little less pinky. The blue is also a dupe for Sugarpill Royal Sugar. It even has the turquoise sparkles in it. The ELF shades are not quite as potent as Sugarpill, but slap on some tacky base (like an eyeshadow pencil or concealer) and you can come pretty close.
Overall, totally worth the $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by 84trillion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW. For $1, this quad has great colors with AMAZING pigment. I foiled the colors over knock-off UD eye shadow primer and ended up with an incredible and dramatic look. Does it blend well? Kind of - for a dollar, YES YES YES.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by itscattt

I was just looking at all the elf products at target and stumbled across this. It was only one dollar so i figured why not just try it out myself. When i got home and swatched it i was actually suprised at how pigmented this eyeshadows actually are! When working with these, you cant really blend it out much or you are just gonna end up washing the color out. You have to apply the color but just tapping it on. I got lots of compliments when i used this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great pigmentation for just a dollar. I wouldn't recommend using the super-white highlight shade (or maybe that's just me!) but such a great value for the price! So glad I picked this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by 3412faith

These colors are so gourgeous! Going from left to right the white is not as great as the others its less pigmentedbut still a pretty matte white. The purple is so gourgeous it is the brightest purple without being chalky that I have ever used. The blue is so pretty it is very pigmented and bright. The pink is honestly what I bought the quad for, but I found that I love all of the colors. The popink is very spaarkly and bright all of elfs eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and this is no exception. How I wear it I use the white on the inner corner and first three foirths of the lid then I use whatever color I am currently wearing and put it on the outer fourth and crease of my eye. That is only one possibilitie. I will definently repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me just first of all say... FINALLY!

I have been on the look for a purple shade that ISN'T smokey lookin', and that has seemed IMPOSSIBLE.

What is it with these companies and smokes? For reference I tried the Wet N Wilds ColorIcon Palette in Lust, still dull shades of purple (don't get me wrong great pigmentation no hating on that) and I've also tried Wet n Wilds 8 Palette in Petal Pusher and same story.

I wanted a bright vibrant shade of purple, not a dull boring shade of it. I don't want no damn smokey ones, for christs sake we are in the summer, get over the smokes, its sunny out! You will look kinda ridiculous with smokey purples... I feel in summer you should wear bright fun colors as eyeshadows, like bright ones.. such as these! Maybe not all together...i'm not suggesting that... lol

Someone recommended to me to try Maybelline Studio Eye Palette in Purple Icon, I looked it up and thought wow just what I was looking for. I went to the store today to buy it and YA RIGHT! It was 8$ Are you kidding me, or are you kidding me?

I walked over on the E.L.F section and saw this and bought it. However I didn't expect it to be anything great. I know with ELF products you are always taking a chance of getting a bad batch of something. Anywho the purple this nifty little thing provides is a bright, vibrant, fun summer shade especially for my hazel eyes, this makes them pop.

All 4 shades are very pigmented. As for me, all 4 shades are considered 4 whole different looks. I would wear each color alone, I can't say these are all suppose to be together. Its kinda nice actually you get four different looks for a buck. Can't beat that.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by HollywoodMuzic101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good lord! First off, when it arrived ELF had somehow detached the lid off the palette, so I found it hard to pick it up without the lid coming off. Fixed it with a bit of blue tack but there was still a crack in the plastic lid!! Also, this happened with 2 out of 3 of these palettes! But overall the colors are nice, average pigmentation. Packaging is absolutely a load of bull tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by socalgirl01

The colors are ok, but for the amount of product I would say kind some of the Kleancolor stuff that you could get at beauty stores. the pigment is just ok, i never find myself reaching for this pallet, and if you do plan on getting it be prepared for some primer, and paint pot, jumbo stick combo to make the color show though.