August 22, 2014 | 1741 users online

Body Scrubs - St. Ives - Renewing Collagen Elastin Body Polish

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like this product. The particle melts too quickly. When the product was almost used up, it turned very watery.It doesn't do much over all. I would say Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Polish is a much better product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

I tried to like this. No parabens and is supposed to make my thighs look better? But when water gets in there, the scrubbing granules melt. I got more water that usual by accident and wound up with a lot of goo. It wasn't scrubby enough to begin with, anyway. I won't bother with this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by smarteepants712

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for an inexpensive body scrub, only to find out that there aren't really any. I went to Walmart on my quest (not wanting to spend $20 on one). There were a few upper end drugstore brands that cost $15 for a body scrub which I didn't want to spend.

I came across St. Ives as I was scanning and saw this sold for around $8. There were 2 different types - a moisturizing and this one, the renewing, although I think they might offer one more as well.

I was looking for a scrub that wasn't oil based. I get those yucky little bumps on my arms which I tend to pick at (gross I know, but its either a bump or a scab, and I'd rather get it out). Every oil based one I've used just didn't help exfoliate the way I wanted, and seemed to be more desirable for winter or those with dry skin.

This is perfect. I get about a half dollar size out when I use it and rub it wherever I want to exfoliate. It really makes my skin feel super soft but not oily. Exactly what I was looking for. Also, I use it whenever I think of it, maybe 3-4 times a week, and I think my bumps on my arms are finally starting to go away. I have had them as long as I remember, so I'm really excited.

As an aside, it can double as a cleanser, although I wouldn't really want to rely on this as my only means of cleaning, so I use it just as a polish, but after being rubbed in there is a slight lather.

Highly recommended! continued >>