September 22, 2014 | 1839 users online

Moisturizers - Jamieson - ProVitamina e Fresh Youthful Hydrating Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by BellaG55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent cream. Sadly it contains dérivatives of palm oil, the harvesting of which is devastating to the environment so I will not be purchasing again. There are alternatives like YuBe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Gel-cream based moisturizer
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Ethoxydiglycol Oleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-75 Stearate, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Lecithin, Carnitine, Ubiquinone, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This light gel-cream moisturizer breaks three personal rules -- perishable antioxidant ingredients in a jar format, plastic packaging, and the inclusion of formaldehyde-releasing preservative diazolidinyl urea. That said, this is fragrance-free, cruelty-free, vegan, and works very well for my skin and is one of the few products I have purchased twice. The texture is gelatinous without being drying as many gel moisturizers can be so this plays well with the cooler weather (understatement) that we have in Canada in January. This is a Canadian product and I like supporting the local economy especially when this product is also fragrance-free and cruelty-free, two criteria often not found together in Canadian products. This contains several high-end ingredients (Q10 [Ubiquinone], Green Tea [Camellia Sinensis] Extract, and some peptides and other antioxidants) however the jar packaging is likely to render many of these ineffective if Paula Begoun is to be believed. Overall, I like this product and recommend it. It goes on sale often and can be found even at Shoppers or Superstore (Lowblaws) as cheap as 10 CAD when on sale.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes
PRICE: $19 CAD for 50 ml jar -- Plastic #5

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mnich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this daily moisturizer, am on my second package! Gentle, moisturizing and healing. Vitamin E is wonderful for the skin. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by geekling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a gel-cream so it has the cooling feel of gel and the silky feel of cream. It's fantastic. My skin is beyond sensitive. There are so many ingredients that I just can't handle, especially fragrance and this is fragrance-free! It doesn't smell like much of anything, no icky chemical smell, just pleasantly like nothing. It soaks in almost completely on most of my face and it's all soaked in by morning anyway. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my skin.

It comes in a jar, and while I'd rather something more hygienic, I like being able to see exactly how much I have left. It cost me ~$20 at the grocery store and I think it's well worth the price. To have something that is gentle enough for my skin is priceless.

I would definitely recommend it to others, and as long as it continues to agree with my skin, I'll buy another tub when mine runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ksb3111

I am currently recovering from a year-long battle with adult acne that began last summer (I am in my late twenties). My skin has been through hell and back. After all of the products I was trying and constantly changing, the over-washing and picking at my face, it was left sensitive, dry, scarred and discolored. It seemed like the only thing my face could handle without breaking out was water. I started using this only at night, every other night and I used very little of it. I gradually worked up to using it every night before bed and every morning after I washed my face. I now mix it with St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer and my skin looks better than it has looked in months. My scars are fading, my skin is moisturized (but not greasy) and the discoloration is going away. Love this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

Favourite moisturizer ever. I've tried just about everything out there, from E45 to La Mer & this is my HG.

the texture is awesome...exactly as it says- a gel creme .

its absorbed almost instantly into the skin and doesn't feel at all sticky or leaves a residue.

i use this in the mornings before i apply my foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by xelodiexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i got the Provitamina e pure oil , ( it's look like a gel ) i really like it I use it for a cat scratch to heal better , and its almost gone ! really like this product i also use it on my stretch marks and it work amazing ! ( they are red and they become white a little bit :3)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

update Oct/12: not changing my rating as I did like this moisturizer, but I've moved onto Rosehip and Seabuckthorn oils now......................................This is the moisturizer I always come back to because it doesn't break me out at all. It has no fragrance, nothing too chemically, and it is not greasy. I'd have to say it's as close to HG as I'm likely to get. Although it's in a wee tub, a little goes a long way, and hygiene isn't an issue if you always use with clean finger tips. I also use this under my eyes. Doesn't give me milia either. I wish it brightened or mattified or did a bit more for under my eyes, but realistically, given how much it doesn't bug my temperamental and currently pretty clear skin, I'm going to take it! It works well year round, under makeup and over vitamin C serum or BP with no "pilling". If you have temperamental skin that freaks out over added chemicals (stearates, parabens etc - I'm not 100% what sets me off yet, but Spectro of all things gave me a papular rash. The mildest stuff out there!!!) give this one a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone skin and this has not made it worse, even in the hot summer/humid months. It's really smooth and blends into my skin well. However considering it is a gel-cream, I find it to be a little heavy in the summer time, so in those months a small dab goes a LONG way. I'm not sure if I would buy this again, as it was a little pricey ($20 CAD) for a small jar. Maybe if it was on sale I would get this, otherwise it's nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by webcanto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing, absorbs quickly and keeps my skin looking fresh. My fine lines look smoother and also helps heals any of my blemishs.

The ingredients are great as well. Besides vitamin e, there are some premium ingredients in this product. This product contains the two peptides that is in Matrixyl 3000, hyaluronic acid and alpha lipoic acid. I'm glad I found this creme and it actually works.