October 26, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Suntint - Just a Smidge

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was expecting this to be similar to the mac lip conditioner in the tube or to clinique super balm lip treatment. When i first applied it I loved it, it was thick and very shiney and felt just like the superbalm lip treatment. However I noticed this sort of sits on top of my lips instead of penetrating and really moisturizing, which i really need since my lips tend to get really dry. It's ok when I use over a stick lip balm but that kind of defies the point of this product.
It's very sheer, this color is basically clear with gold shimmer which I love!
It is quite sticky, a lot stickier than the lip conditioners, but it also lasts forever because of this.
I purchased all 5 colors because I got excited about this product :) but I will probably not repurchase. They are fun and a good idea but they aren't moisturizing enough for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by MsRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just received this in the mail and am truly disappointed. I wish the MAC website stated what this really is, which is a gloss and I hate gloss. It is very shiny, uber sticky and not very moisturizing. The pigment is non existent and my lips aren't too pigmented. If you a looking for a tinted "liquid lipbalm" then check out the one by sonia kashuk. MAC should have reformulated their tinted lip conditioner into something liquid with new colours for this LE venture. Again, I am very disappointed and I am giving this one to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

From July 2009's Baby Bloom collection, MAC is introducing us to this year's answer to the ever-popular Tendertones from previous summers. These are liquid lip glosses (MAC refers to them as balms, but the texture just isn't right) with an spf of 20. Honestly, I feel that these are a not-as-sticky cousin to the lipglass. They are not as conditioning (to me) as Tendertones, the texture is sort of strange, they aren't as long-wearing - and, worst of all, they don't smell as nice!

Just a Smidge looks like a clear gloss with gold and yellow reflects. It has the normal vanilla scent, and no real taste. These come in a squeeze tube with a slant-tip applicator, which is nice (I slightly prefer this to gloss-in-a-pot). The texture is sort of "thin" compared to what I think of when I think of a balm (I think of philosophy's Very Emollient Lip Balm - thick and extremely conditioning), but it does look nice and shiny, with the right amount of sparkle. I didn't feel that this product moisturized or conditioned my lips.

Because I like lipglasses, and I have enough Tendertones to last me a long time and strongly prefer those to the Suntints, I won't be purchasing any more.