Chanel Glossimer - Meteore 128

4.5

on 7/31/2012 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

if there's a gloss that can be called a chameleon, this is it. It transforms itself depending on the lighting, your lip liner and ur lipstick.

In the store's lighting, this looks like a warm, shimmery, gold-infused rose. When I got home and saw it in daylight, I almost regretted buying it! It looked so dark and sparkly and garish in the tube in the daylight! But then I wore it anyway coz its so expensive.

When I wear it by itself (no liner or lipstick), it gives a sheer wash of almost translucent shimmery nude-y rose on my pigmented lips. When I wear it with a nude lip liner, the colour leans more towards beige and with a pink liner, it looks more rose. I also layer it over different lipsticks, nudes, pinks, fuchsias and it looks different each time. And so beautiful.

The gloss itself is a translucent warm rose with the gold and berry colored micro-fine glitter adding the colour and shimmer. I guess this is the reason behind the versatality of this gloss and its "chameleon-like" ability to look good with a wide variety of lip colours.
It doesn't feel sticky or gritty. Being a gloss, it doesn't last too long but it does leave behing some shimmer on your lips which look nice even if you don't touch up.

It is certainly a very expensive gloss but seeing that I can get so many different looks out of it, I feel its worth the price. I would certainly love to purchase more colours in Glossimers but perhaps on a special occassion coz its so expensive.

on 5/26/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous color. Use with lipliner underneath and apply lightly. So unique!

on 8/30/2010 3:29:00 PM

Beautiful glossy pink colour, but there's too much sparkle that is not suitable for a thirty something year old. I wouldn't wear this for everyday and if I try to wipe it off, the sparkles stay all around my face! Not a good work look. I would buy again if it weren't for that sparkle but since it does have that, it's a no for me. Can't see myself using this one up, which is a pity since I paid around 35 CDN for it at the Bay.

I love this color, although it is not suitable for everyday lip color. I usually wear it for special occasion cos IMO meteore has a lot of sparkle/glitter effect in my lips. Stunning color.

on 6/13/2010 9:32:00 AM

I love Glossimers in general and this one doesn't disappoint. The color is absolutely gorgeous and unlike anything else out there. It looks really pale in the tube but when you put it on, it morphs into a multi-tonal nude/pink color with lots of sparkle. It's perfect for when you want a nude lip that has some "kick". the consistency is great too and it's pretty long wearing. It's expensive, but well worth it.

on 5/2/2010 1:54:00 PM

Beautiful shade and goes well alone or pared with Clinique Bamboo pink or Chanel lipstick Santa Barbara.

on 4/24/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love, love, LOVE this Glossimer! Meteore, in the tube, is a fairly deep rose with plenty of gold and rose shimmer. From what I've read in the reviews below, it seems to morph into something unique on everyone who wears it, so I'll tell you my personal results and you can judge for yourself.

I'm very fair and cool/neutral with very light lips. As in, my lips have almost no pigment to them. Between fair skin and light lips, it's very hard for me to find a good pale neutral lipstick that doesn't completely wash me out. When I really want to play up my eyes, I always end up feeling like I've had to "overdo" my lips just because I have to use darker/brighter colors to get my lips to show up on my face at all.

However, Meteore has saved me! On me, it turns into a beautiful neutral coppery rose with tons of shimmer, livening up my lips without adding too much color. I can do dramatic eyes and swipe on Meteore for "nude" lips without feeling "naked", if you know what I mean. It also works wonders over lipsticks. Because it's such a TRUE neutral on me, it cools down warmer lipsticks and warms up the cooler ones, giving me more neutral versions of all my favorite shades...all while adding glorious shimmer and shine. I get compliments every time I wear this color, no matter how I wear it...over a lipstick or on its own. Definitely a keeper, and I'll be getting a backup soon! Highly, highly recommended.

on 3/15/2010 9:04:00 PM

Meteore is probably one of my favorite Glossimers - but only in the tube. It's a warm, deep pink with gold shimmer throughout. But on my lips, it turns odd; it turns into a blast of sheer to medium coral, red and berry, with emphasized gold glitter. It's definitely not your everyday Glossimer, and if it works for you, I'm jealous. For me, however, it's much too much like I'm wearing a Cirque du Soleil costume on my mouth. As for texture and wear, however, this gets five lippies. As with all Glossimers, it's long lasting, never sticky, and always looks wet and lush.

on 2/25/2010 3:12:00 PM

This is expensive but it's amazing!! I tried this on about 5 times before deciding to purchase. It's a shimmery deep pink color on my lips and it lasts! I had it on about 4 hours and it was still there..it also leaves a faint sparkle on your lips. That doesn't bother me and I got compliments the entire night I had it on. I would buy again for sure!!

on 9/26/2009 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

While visiting the Chanel counter I picked up Summer Plum but had the sa put Meteore on me because she assured me I would love it.
It seemed too warm for me (Im very cool and pale) after trying it on I fell in love with it It was more of a neutral rose with loads of gold and pink/berry sparkles that do NOT look chunky or funky.
Meteore instatly perked up my lips and looked very sophisticated.
Chanel's glosses always wear extremely well and have an amazing color selection This looks very pretty with Benefit's blush Take a Picture It'll Last Longer as well as Mac's blush in Plum Foolery.

Popular Lip Glosses