December 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Alarm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by nainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I had bought this ages ago but never used it because I thought it was too bold and bright. But lately I've been trying out more bold lipsticks and discovered this in my make-up stash to my delight! It looks amazing on my olive/indian skin tone. Definitely worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really dont think this shade is a true red -- there is some pink going on in there that kinda turns me off, especially since i was hoping for a true red. However, i must say that the smooth, velvety finish is lovely & long-lasting. The colour transfer is insane: youll leave significant stains on cups, glasses, etc. But i guess thats not that big of a deal. The staying power is amazing -- and this is coming from one who cannot get lipstick to stay & fade nicely on her lips. (Oh yeah, this fades to a reddish/magenta colour, imho). Overall, i am impressed with this rimmel formula & will buy another -- hopefully one that is a true, true red.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I looooove this lipstick! It is the most beautiful sexy, classy red. Not too bright or dark, not too orange or too blue - just as it should be. I think it would work for every skintone. I'm very pale (almost paper white) and this lipstick looks gorgeous against it. Lipstick is long lasting as it promises and it has matte finish. Will repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is value for your money. A great red shade that can be weared in daytime. Beautiful velvety finish and moisturizing lasts only if you do not eat or drink but for 4 pounds it's a great deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by amandahart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is generally an average lipstick. Nice pigmentation. I couldn't really stand the scent in it but it was odourless, I would reconsider repurchasing. Also, in Australia, it's around $10 per tube or lipstick, so I would have expected more product in the tube. Be careful if you have yellow undertones because it will accentuate the yellow hue in your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A solid red lipstick. Lasts over 5+ hours for me, and appears as a pure, true red. It's rather opaque, but I'd imagine your natural lip color will have some effect on how it appears on your lips. It's drugstore, so very affordable. I'd definitely recommend trying this before you consider purchasing a higher end red lipstick of similar color/texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MacNW45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm...I don't really know what to think of this lipstick. Not the worst on the market but for some reason I just didn't like it!
First of all, the color...looks red. To me it looks more like a chestnut brown with a lot of red to it and a yellow undertones. I can't believe people say it's a Russian Red dupe...
The thing that I just hate about this lipstick is that I get annoyed every time I wear it: I am not sure what undertones it has! Sometimes they are yellow, most of the time chestnut, sometimes both and it bugs me a lot. I just don't like the color that much.
An other point is the transfer...holy cow! The transfer is ridiculous. The other day I was drinking a beer straight from the can as usual and the golden can looked like I have been kissing a vampire who just had his meal. Or like my periods where coming out from the wrong side, yes that gross. It gets everywhere, I ruined one of my favorite scarves.

But I have to admit that it has a texture that I love, very creamy and moisturizing, it feels like a lip-balm, you know that healthy-pharmacy-kind-of-lip-balm. And if you are looking for a not so ordinary/true "red" then maybe you might like this one. I might wear it at night for an easy casual look so I don't have to use my expensive stuff (you know, a casual evening not worth using a good Ruby Woo) but as long as I am concerned, this is a lipstick I am not buying again, not this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ariamclaughlin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros:
-pretty cheap
-smooth
-long-lasting when it comes to the amount in the tube (bought it 6 months ago, use it every day, haven't used the 2/3 of the amount)

Cons:
-doesn't last long
-poor variety of colors (a lot of sparkling shades that make you look older)
-dries your lips out (not so much, but still)
-packaging quality could've been better
And the WORST: it actually clumps up at the corners of your mouth, which I hate.

I don't think I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

Pros:
Good colour payoff.
Lasts longer than an average lipstick.
Nice smell.

Cons:
A little dark, not quite a modern red and more of a classic red.
Slightly drying.
Stains a little too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Perfect cool red. The best formula and colour for drugstore. Love Rimmel.