October 21, 2014 | 1263 users online

Bronzers - Everyday Minerals - Summer Bronzer pressed powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always wanted to try bronzer, so I decided to get a little more on EDM so I can get this for free. I dunno why I was using blush all these years. Bronzers are officially my best friend! lol My cheeks are usually pink already, so every time I apply foundation I actually feel like I'm covering my natural healthy glow, which I love. But now with the bronzer, it adds more to my natural glow! It makes my face looks smaller and warmer. I'm a NC30/ EDM Buttered Tan, I have no trouble making this show on my face! However, the powder is not not finely milled.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Ambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pale (EM Fair / MAC NW15) and I can't for the life of me get any of these three colors to show up on me, I apply three layers and still nothing, weird product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by MissValery

When I received this, it was already in crumbles :-( . Yes, they had to ship it to Europe, and yes, maybe it was not handled with proper caution on its way overseas, but if you offer a pressed product for international shipping, you should find a way to make sure it will survive the journey intact, donīt you think?
Other than that - and that is the reason this still got three lippies- the compact with the mirror inside is quite sturdy ans closes well. The powder itself is a combination of rather light golden brown/beige colors. On my EM olive light skin, this shows up as a golden touch of warmth, which gives a healthy, pretty complexion and does not scream "look, I put on bronzer!"
As I am rather pale, this may not even show up on people with medium or darker skin tones.
As far as texture is concerned, this is rather a creamy powder, which makes it feel nice, but makes it easy to overload and have a rather cakey finish. Be sure to apply this with a light hand.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lairkeeper

I'm an EM Medium Cool in winter and a good bit darker in Summer. This just doesn't show up on my summer skin. I'll try it again in the winter. Gets good reviews on the EM board with fair skinned ladies though.

Be careful as most of Everyday Minerals seem to cause acne of various types on many women.

ETA: Company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 3

Price: 2

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

----------------------------------

I bought this from EverydayMinerals.com because I was curious to try out their new pressed powders. I have to say that I like this new formulation way more than the first version of pressed powders that they came out with in 2008.

Summer Bronzer is a trio of three shades: a copper, golden/beige, and a bronzer which would be suitable for people with light/medium skintones. The description says the copper and gold colours are shimmery, but I don't find them to be that shimmery; there's a TINY bit of mica in it, but otherwise it's pretty matte. The Bronzer is matte.

I used the MAC187 brush to apply this to my face; I just swirled my brush over all three colours, and then applied it to my cheeks and forehead, and then buffed my brush all over my face. What's interesting is that you don't get something that you can directly detect; like you can't tell "I put bronzer on my face". It just very subtle in the way that it warms up your face. So for those of you who are looking to get a beach bronze look, this probably is not the product for you. (personally, I am a light-medium skinned asian, and this subtle effect is what I get). Of course, application varies from person to person, and the types of tools you use may affect the look. I used a duo-fiber brush which is meant to deliver sheerer coverage, so I don't know what kind of result you'd get with the included sponge or with a different brush.

I find the overall finish to be a matte/semi-matte veil that doesn't look powdery and doesn't smell weird. I used the copper and golden shades on my eyes to see how they'd work as eyeshadows; they didn't really do much, but they act as a nice eyeshadow base and erase the redness and veins that I get on my eyelids! So if you're really pressed for time or space in your makeup bag, this is a good product to take with you because it can at least give you a fresh, neutral face with just one product.

I really like the new compact design; it's a sturdy, white plastic round case with 11g of product. There is a clear, hinged plastic tray that sits on top of the powder to separate the puff and powder from each other. The mirror size is the standard round mirror found in many compact makeups, and the case snaps securely shut.

Compact dimensions: diameter 3", thickness 0.75". It's a little bulkier than say, a Cover Girl pressed powder compact, but it's definitely smaller or the same size as a MAC compact.

I bought this for $12, and I think it's a great price for a mineral face powder with good packaging. Again, not good for dramatic bronzing, but great for those of us who just want to warm up the skin tone a little without looking like we put on makeup to do it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this product because I am going on holiday and wanted the ease of makeup in compacts.
Compact is great, looks sturdy and unbreakable, comes with an inner hinged cover which seals off the powder from the sponge and a good size mirror with which you can see most of your face.
The colour is good and would suit most skin types you need very little product before you start seeing results. I would recommend adding colour in several applications till you are happy with the depth of colour.
I used my faithful kabuki brush to apply the product as I don't like sponges, I think you get a far better even coverage with a brush.
Two applications was perfect for my fair skin and I was very happy with the colour, I looked extremely healthy without any orange effect and the look was very natural.
Only one problem for me, I found it very drying and after about half an hour my skin was tight like I had just washed with soap.
My skin is very dry and I think the powder just soaked up any available moisture even though I had moisturised and primed before I used this bronzer.
Won't work for me as an all over bronzer but I will still be able to use this product for contouring and shading.
I probably won't buy again but you get such a large amount of product it will take me a long time to use up anyway.