July 31, 2014 | 1677 users online

Deodorants - Lady Speed Stick 24/7 GEL

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AnneReejhin

This deodorant does not give me the "non-stop protection" from wetness and odor. Which is weird because I used to use this deodorant before when I was in my younger teens. Now, it does not longer work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I like this. Some people say it smells manly, but I wouldn't say you will smell like a man - it just doesn't smell sweet at all, which is VERY good for me. I have tried "invisible", "aloe vera" and "fresh fusion", and I must say "invisible" and "aloe vera" are MUCH better smelling to me than "fresh fusion". To put it like that: fresh fusion doesn't smell very fresh...
Invisible is probably my favourite. It has no powdery, fruity or flowery smell, but it smells fresh and a bit androgynous, but still goes well with my very girly perfumes. I like the smell and also that it doesn't last on my skin and doesn't appear again if I begin to sweat. It smells a little bit on my clothes, but it smells good.
This doesn't make me stop sweat completely, but it's definitely not bad, but I'm quite a sweaty person under my arms (I guess it's genetic). When I sweat with this, I don't smell bad and my clothes don't smell bad either, which means it doesn't let bacteria grow.
I really like the gel consistency: aerosol deodorants have never worked for me, wet ones make me feel like I'm sweating already right after application, solids often stain my clothes and have a powdery smell that I dislike, but creams and gels feel nice.
I think I will keep buying these :]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Where's the review section for the regular stick? I don't have the gel but I always use the LadySpeedstick 24/7 in either Pure Cashmere or Satin Pear scents. No sweating and lovely fragrances. This stuff is definitely tried and true for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

- Skip down to 'Final Consensus' for short summary of overall thoughts on product -

What it Claims:
"Nonstop protection for your nonstop life. Feel fresh and protected all day, all night."

Claims - True or False?
1) Nonstop protection: False.

Packaging:
This antiperspirant comes in the conventional packaging of other antiperspirants. Has the traditional purple hue of their other products, with a slightly curved lid. Has a small circular turn-dial to raise the product, which I am not a huge fan of as when I first used it, it took a good minute or two before product came out, and it's easy to make too much come out.

Smell:
The scent I own is called Satin Pear. Unlike most other Lady Speed Stick products, the smell isn't too strong, and smells very sweet and clean. I'd say that you can definitely smell it once it's applied, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Consistency:
A slightly slick clear gel. Applies to the skin quite slick, yet dries a bit sticky. Didn't look noticeable on my skin, dries matte, and didn't seem to transfer.

Ease of Use:
Can be tricky to get the hang of if you are new to gels. I find that it dispenses too much gel, so it's hard to turn the dial in a way to prevent too much from being dispensed. I find that applying it straight to my underarms did not work, as there was too much product. Instead, I'd take it into my hands and apply to both underarms - one twist only.

Bang for your Buck:
At 65g for about $5.00, it's not expensive, but I don't know how long these would last. It seems to offer less product than others. Not that big of a waste of money.

Final Consensus:
In short, it's a dud. I assume that it's a brand issue, as I've used others from the brand and experienced similar negative issues with them. Overall, I do recommend that other women give it a try if they are in need of an antiperspirant, but do not get your hopes up. This brand/product does not work well for my body chemistry in any way, and thus I would not repurchase.
- Pros: Nice scent, leaves underarms pretty dry throughout the day, pretty cheap, very easy to find, dries quickly.
- Cons: Scent quickly changes to that of B.O., felt drying to the skin, was somewhat messy and a pain in the ass to use, did seem to leave a bit of a residue on the skin, simply did not work for my body chemistry.

Overall Rating: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Those Lady Speed Stick gels are for people who sweat too much ,becouse are the only one i found to keep under control the quantity of perspiration.
This is my favorite antiperspirant ever.I use this product from more then10years,it never dissapointed ..higly quality product and cheep.But also hard to find.
I do sweat too much and this product it keeping my under arm areea dry and clean.I apply in morning and untill evening when i go in shower there is not bad smell.
For summer time is also great..and after shaving is really gently and never irittated my skin..
The formule i always use is gel.Of course there are also white sticks color but i prefere the gel one
I have search for this product in every store..but here in Germany it can't be found.When i go in other countrys..guess who is buying 10-15pieces for one year?
I like fruity spash and aloe smells,but recently i found cotton and fruity bounce.I love teasting..so i buy them all :)
May i say about my 10-12 antiperspirant sticks cheep-expensive brands, i always have and try and test hoping to find something decent and close to lady speed stick gels?
I can't live without this deodorant.
Great product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with DKER, this product has a very mannish smell to it. For me it does stop persperation to a degree. It defintly does not keep odors away though. By the end of the day, my underarms smell, even if I haven't been active. To add to my dislike for this product, the whole bottle feel apart on it's own. Most of the gel went to waste, but I don't mind too much, since I was getting so fed up with the bad smell. Wouldn't recommend to anyone, save the money on something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the 'fresh fusion' scent and I think it smells good!
This stuff works better on me than Secret Flawless.
I got it on sale at Walgreens for only 99 cents!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because in summer I wear a lot of sleeveless tops, and I wanted a gel so I didn't stain my shirts.

Well, its a gel. And that's about it. It sure doesn't leave me smelling like a lady, the initial scent is very mannish (like cheap aftershave) and it doesn't do much to stop perspiration and BO either.