December 19, 2014 | 1701 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - Laugh with Me LeeLee

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by KCucumber

I stumbled across this on sale for $19, when I was looking for a new perfume.

I love it. It is a really lovely scent that reminds me of Polo Sport, which I used to wear as a teen.

It's really hard to describe perfume, but I find it very fresh, tart, but not incredibly "obvious". I think it's very feminine, and not perfume-y.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this scent and wear it in the warmer months. I am not a perfume expert, so I'm not sure why this is, but it seems like it works best in the spring or summer. When I first put this on, my husband wrinkles his nose ("too perfume-y") but has later said how good it smells. Anyhow, I like it and find it 'richer' than Maybe Baby (another Benefit fragrance that I like).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit wrote a little poem about their Crescent Row perfume Laugh With Me Lee Lee:
"Her playful wink and mischievous smile,
The flirtatious side of a her innocent style,
No thought or worry of what's meant to be,
First Laughter, then love,
Along came Lee Lee"
Benefit describes this fragrance as a "flirty and feminine woody floral". Benefit offers eight Crescent Row scents, I've sampled all of them, but chose Laugh With Me Lee Lee, which was suggested to me by a Benefit sales associate. I bought this perfume at Ulta, well I shouldn't say bought be cause I got it for free by cashing in my rewards points, but you know what I mean. Each Crescent Row Eau de Toilette contains 1fl oz (30ml) and retails for $36. Benefit does not test on animals. This perfume was made in the United States. Benefit products can be bought through the brand's website, at Benefit boutiques and counters, Sephora, and Ulta.
The packaging for this entire range is gorgeous and playful. Each fragrance comes in a cardboard box designed to look like a house. The box unfolds to reveal the interior of the house, along with the bottle of perfume. Benefit's Crescent Row perfumes come in a bottle shaped like a martini shaker. Laugh With Me Lee Lee comes in a gold metal bottle with a bright floral printed label wrapped around it. The scent name is printed on the sticker affixed to the bottle. The packaging is very cute but also kinda fancy. This perfume line has a very collectible appeal to it.
Benefit's scent line was created with the help of Francois Demachy. The line started out with three scents (Lee Lee is on of the original) and has expanded since it launched in 2009. This Eau de Toilette is surprisingly strong, I need just about three spritzes of it. The lasting powder is pretty good, I don't think that Laugh With Me Lee Lee lasts all day, but it comes close, I notice it for about six hours after application.
Benefit lists the notes of Laugh With Me Lee Lee as:

Top Notes: Cassis, Melon, Citrus
Mid Notes: Black Violet, Lily, Jasmine
Dry Notes: Blond Woods, Amber, Santal

Man, these scent notes are refreshingly simple compared to the pretentiously described Bath&BodyWorks notes I'm used to. I can see why Laugh With Me Lee Lee is the most popular of the Crescent Row scents, it has that universally appealing perfumey scent. This isn't a particularly unique fragrance by any means, it just smells like perfume. Laugh With Me Lee Lee is a somewhat powdery florally trwist right at the end. I love that Lee Lee contains violet, my all time favorite scent note, even though its barely apparent in this scent. None of the notes are really obvious come to think about it, they all mesh together nicely to create this feminine, bland, but pretty scent.
Benefit's Laugh With Me Lee Lee is a pretty unexciting scent, but its nice. Powdery, lightly floral with a quite citrus note that lingers in the background. Its plain, and that's what gives Lee Lee her mass appeal. I've really enjoyed my bottle of this perfume and recommend it if you want to to try one of the eight Benefit Crescent Row eau de toilettes. I likely won't repurchase Laugh With Me Lee Lee, I have enough perfumes and body sprays as it is, plus I'd rather try The Garden of Good and Even next. Regardless, Benefit's Laugh With Me Lee Lee is a basic perfume with beautiful packaging and a surprisingly reasonable price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I love this perfume! The scent is so fresh and sweet but not overly so. My only complaint about this is how small the bottle is, and it doesn't even come in different sizes. But other than that, I would definitely recommend it, especially for teenage girls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a box set of BeneFit fragrances. i have to say, as with all BeneFit products, I love the packaging of this particular perfume. A very cute bottle and cute name.

I can imagine this as the younger woman's scent, maybe someone in their 20s, but that does not stop me from enjoying it. A lovely frangrance for the Spring and a great daytime fragrance - equally suited for the workplace as for lunch with friends (acutally, why waste something as lovely as this at work?).

Notes of Rose and Peony make it very feminine. This is not a screechy, attention grabbing floral but much more subtle. I am tempted to invest in a full sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Candace8592

This is a fresh scent for everyday! It lasts all day but is light enough to not offend anyone! I wore this for the first time last week and in the same day I got 3 compliments and asked what perfume I was wearing. This makes me feel light and happy :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I always get compliments on this scent from coworkers and colleagues! It's very light and floral scent. When it's first sprayed, it is VERY strong and my husband doesn't like it, but then later he says it smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by serenao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I found this at the cash register at Ulta for $12... couldn't help but buy it!! I usually do not stray from my signature vanilla scents, but I almost like this better! Adorable packaging, I'll keep the bottle even when I run out! Definitely not too strong, and it doesn't give me a headache. Try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

Such a gorgeous fragrance! I admit, i fell in love with Something about Sofia before LeeLee, but this is great. My parents think that this smells like tobacco a little after i put it on, but honestly, i dont smell tobacco-scent at all.

It truly is a unique scent. Obviously not everyone loves it, but for the most part, i get asked what scent im wearing quite a bit while i have this baby on! I love the bottle shape too. Its almost fruity i guess, but has a real uniqueness to it that i haven't smelled elsewhere. Sure, its not the cheapest perfume, but that just it.

Benefit make quality fragrance and not CHEAP perfume. In both sense of the word :P

Definitely test it at the counter if not sure, but in any case i think that LeeLee's a stunner <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was drawn to this because my nickname is LeeLee. I do, however, really like the scent. It's very fresh and great for everyday wear. I break out the big guns (Gucci Flora) for special events, though.