October 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eyeliner - Shu Uemura - Painting Liner in Vivid Blue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shade as I already own the white (my favorite for under light shade shadows -- and yes, I am cheating on Paint pots). I also have the purple which is magnificent, and jumped into the Vivid Blue.. I love it!

I don't use it as a liner as much as I do a shadow -- it spreads beautifully and lasts all day. I have also tried it with a similar color shadow which I bought in Japan.

My eyes are brown with a funny mix of yellow/green .. not really hazel, and no brown, but this shade makes the color of my eyes more of a yellowish shade which I think works really well with my newly "red hair"...

To make this short, these are a dream to work with and do not feel dry or heavy like paint pots. I am planning on purchasing the new Citrine as well as the Black (I am throwing in the towel on the Cle de Peau).

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

Wow, I think I may have found my HG liners, at least if they are all as awesome as this one is. This is a very very bright blue gel liner that is not for the faint of heart. I personally love really bright colors on my upper lid, and unfortunately there aren't that many brands that make these bright colors available in their potted liners. I have been using MUFE Flash Colors, but those do not set on their own and require some kind of sealant to use as liners, and even then they smudge a bit. This baby, however, digs in its claws and stays put. I put it on in the morning today, and proceeded to run errands till the late evening, in 90 degree weather. I figured at least the color would fade, but nope! Bright as the moment I put it on and in the exact same place, with not even a hint of transfer. And I was sweating bullets today, I might add. The product is so creamy and application is very smooth, no dragging at all. I'm officially in love with them, and will stay in love as long as they don't dry out quickly. They are on the expensive side at $24, but that's only 3 dollars more than Bobbi Brown and 4 dollars more than Stila. The Stila smudgepot in black was my HG for black liners, but after I finish my pot I think I'll buy Shu's black. Anyway, these are amazing so check them out ASAP!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No