Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Don't waste your money, horrible product! The coverage sucks & it's cakey. Returning this ASAP!

on 8/21/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have really oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I like how this really does have a matte finish and control oil well throughout the day (shine slightly peeps through around noon when I put this on ~9AM, but still looks natural). I have a lot to cover, so I actually use this more as a setting powder rather than just foundation. I used a light/medium coverage bb cream from Smashbox (which, by the way, wasn't really a great bb cream) and buffed the powder in for more coverage. Held up pretty well considering I didn't like the bb cream too much.
One thing that I didn't like is how I have to pour the product into the lid to use, especially when I'm in a rush. Also, there's gonna be product/oil build-up on the inside of the lid after many uses, so be sure to wipe it down to keep it clean. I've stopped using it because of the price (broke student..), but might give it another go sometime soon.

on 8/2/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I feel like the matte version has less coverage than the original. I'm not a giant fan of the original formula neither, but I demand pigmentation in a foundation to cover my imperfections. I guess it would help to use a concealer, but who has time for that while in a rush?

Other issues I have with this foundation is it's no better than a drugstore option (Physicians Formula for example). It didn't keep me matte any longer despite the name, and the color match still sucked. I don't know anyone who naturally has a skintone the color orange.

I will not repurchase.

on 7/21/2015 6:19:00 PM

Eh.

I have used both the matte and original Bare Minerals loose foundation, in light (during winter/spring) and golden medium (summer/fall). As compared to the original, the matte foundation isn't really that much more useful in preventing shine. I mean, it helps, and you can definitely see the mattifying effects upon initial application, but it doesn't really last or hold up well as the day wears on and I find myself blotting my face almost as much as I would with the original foundation.

Basically, I feel like the matte version isn't really that much different from the original because it only stays matte for a fairly brief period of time. It helps, but not as much as it should. It's still a good foundation, it just doesn't really make my face as matte as I would have expected. The coverage is decent, especially for a loose powder, and doesn't make my face oilier, like a liquid foundation often does on my skin.

One complaint about the Bare Minerals foundation packaging, though, and this goes for both the matte and the original: the packaging isn't that great. I always find that the loose powder gets trapped in between the two clear plastic parts and I hate how wasteful that is. I know it doesn't trap THAT much, but it's not very convenient and looks kind of gross, in my opinion.

on 7/9/2015 4:16:00 PM

I like this foundation compared to the original because there's no bismuth oxychloride in this one which makes my skin itchy. The coverage is medium at best, but it's very natural looking. I also like that it has SPF. I have a video talking more about this and compare it to It Cosmetics' Celebration Foundation Illumination if you want to check it out.

on 7/1/2015 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm returning to Bare Escentuals because my Colorstay foundation was causing too many breakouts, and it was hard to get my face completely clean. Also, it felt heavy..

I've always had an issue with Bare Escentuals because it was hard to get a good match for my skintone. Even now, with the color matching, it's still hard. My current color is Tan (NC30) and after about an hour, it's too dark. I've began adding the remainder of my Golden Fair, original formula, to this in my compact, and it made an enormous difference. The color is perfect. I use the blended color for my face, the jar color for chin and upper forehead area and minor contouring to give my face definition. It works! It works really well.

Similar to the first time I began wearing this, it doesn't wear well over my Mally Beauty Poreless Primer. I must have a bare face. I've tried it over moisturizer, and while I like the initial results, I noticed that I became oily very very fast. Because of this, I just use it over bare skin and then mist my face with water so that I don't have that initial chalky appearance. Also, my t-zone gets oily within 3 hours of wearing this. I don't like that. Sometimes, I'm sitting in depositions or arbitration's for hours. I want my makeup to last. While this looks good, it doesn't give me the longevity that I want. I do like that fact that my face does not itch or burn when wearing this formula. That's a huge plus. While it does cover redness really well, it doesn't cover dark hyperpigmentation as well as I'd like. Using the concealing brush is MANDATORY in order to get a really flawless look. So there is some work required with this. It's not fast makeup you can put on in your car, while at the stoplight - justsoyouknow.

I really wish they offered these in the original containers, without the screw and shake method. It was easier to mix these when there's the chance to just pop the top off. Also, I really hate throwing out the jars. They made nice mixing containers. I wish I would have kept all of my old jars, instead of swapping them.

I'm giving this 3 stars because mixing is still required in order to get the right color; my skin seems to get oily within 4 hours of wearing this. I like the fact that my breakouts have stopped and that this isn't heavy. It really does look natural once you find the right color, and buff it in really good. Bare Escentuals is still the best mineral makeup out on the market IMO, so I will be buying this again.

on 3/30/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been a die hard BE foundation and concealer user. My problem is, even with the matte, my skin still gets very shiny in the middle of the day. Also, I hate that you can't get the very last of the product out without breaking the container.

on 3/14/2015 6:55:00 AM

I have acne prone fair skin which tends to be on the sensitive side.At first I liked this product although i felt it didn't give me a healthy glow and sometime highlighted lines/pores.However after three weeks of daily usage my face was a mess, dry skin with break outs... i hadn't changed anything else in my regime so therefore can only presume BM was the causative factor. In the bin it goes!

on 2/28/2015 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love the Matte formula more than the original! Works so well with a primer, and withstands summer heat. My skin changed during pregnancy, and this worked wonders. I'm currently using it over a CC cream, and I couldn't be happier. If you love bare minerals but are not into the "glory" finish, try the matte.

on 2/24/2015 2:18:00 AM

I have a lot of redness from acne and also active acne. I dont not find that this foundation covers my imperfections well even with a concealer. I bought the matte formula because i have pretty oily skin in my t zone area. This didnt do much to help with oiliness. I use a pretty dense brush to apply this knowing that i need quite a bit but after two coats, i dont find that it covers it well. I still prefer either my estee lauder double wear or makeup forever hd.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products