August 22, 2014 | 2050 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I think a lot of people are buying this with out really knowing what to expect. Yes, this claims to be a foundation. I'm not sure if that's what I would label it as. I think it is more of a full coverage powder instead of a foundation. This isn't going to cover imperfections perfectly. It will even out the skin tone, but for blemishes/acne scars you will definitely need a concealer to go with this. How I use this product is by first applying concealer to my trouble areas (blemishes, acne scars, under eye, and around my nose) then I go in and use this to set everything and slightly even out my skin tone. Commercials make this sound like a miracle product that will blow every other product out of the water. I do feel that this is an amazing product, but keep in mind you are going to need another product to go with this. (BB creams work generated under this on a good skin day!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by LucyLamb

I HATED this productÖ. it did not hide my imperfections but made them more noticeable. Instead of concealing a dry patch like my Estee Lauder DoubleWear does, it amplifies it. instead of making my pores disappear, it magnified them! I looked like I had pock marks all over my nose. No matter how much buffing I did, there was no way to blend it in more. Plus, I had to keep adding powder to my nose because it did not stop the oil well at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i think i might always have a jar of this in my stash. its fool proof and it doesnt break me out.
i took off a lippy cause it can be a tad drying and cakey if you over apply

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Cjessicaaa

I've worn the original powders for 5 years. This one is a step up, because I have oily/dry skin and this product goes on great. I wear either this or ready foundation (bare minerals) on top of a bb cream and it works perfectly, lasts almost all day but of course I retouch during the day since my face gets oily. It works as perfect w/o a bb cream as well, I just prefer to use both. I use medium beige.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I like this mineral makeup. Has a creamy consistency, strangely enough, and glides on like buttah. I will be repurchasing, the makeup slave that I am.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It literally did nothing to my skin. I couldn't detect where it was anywhere on my face, except if I literally caked it on so it'd look awful. It really accentuates my dry spots. Overpriced and all that.

Whatever, not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by wrenn28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using N10 for almost a year now and I have to say, I really like this product. I have oily-combination, acne-prone skin with minor blemishes and this product actually helps in keeping oiliness at bay especially around my forehead. I use it alone when I'm wearing a primer and it holds up for about for about 4-5 hours in tropical weather. On good days, like not so sunny days, or when I just stay in an air-conditioned room, it stays on for about six with very little need for blotting. This powder is buildable and I find that it works best with a buffing brush. However, it unfortunately cakes if you apply too much. Most of the time, I use it as a setting powder on top of my bb cream so I only need very little. The packaging is simple, nothing special. Refridgerating it helps the product last longer. I stopped using it because a couple of months ago, my started acting out and would not accept any powder of any sort, but I would probably purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

Really not the biggest fan of this. I bought it on a friend's recommendation, so I guess some like it.

It's chalky and separates on my face when I get oily.

I also find the packaging impractical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this. Out of all the foundations I've tried, this is the one I've repurchased the most! I guess it's just a case of it being so commonplace to me that I don't even give it a second thought. Anyway, here we go:

I first tried this foundation in 2009. I had been studying abroad in Japan, had been using some terrible foundation (the only one I could find that matched my skin), and it DESTROYED my face. When I came back from Japan, my mother immediately took me to get some different make-up, and we ended up at a Bare Minerals store. I picked the matte cause I've got a nasty, gooey, oily face.

This foundation isn't particularly amazing. I'm not singing its praises all the live-long day, but it does its job. It covers quite well, it mattifies quite well, and it lasts quite well. I feel like it knock it out of the park with any of these qualities, but it's been the only foundation I've found that is GOOD in all three categories. Most foundations suck at all three, some excel at one, but none I've tried other than this have been good at all three.

Every once in a while, I get frustrated with this stuff. I want something more matte, or with better coverage, or better staying power. I go try new things, get frustrated that they're only good at one thing, and then I come crawling back to Bare Minerals, begging for forgiveness. "Why did I forsake youuuuu!?"

The mess is aggravating, too. It will make a cloud of foundation, and get all over your clothes and vanity/sink/wherever you're applying it. This aggravates and sends me searching for a liquid foundation. I get frustrated with how much they smear or settle in pores, and come crawling back again. "I should have known better!! Whyyyy!?" This mess can be lessened a bit (and coverage improved a bit) by LIGHTLY misting your face with a spray bottle. Emphasis on LIGHTLY because if you spray just a hint too much, your application will be streaky, cakey, and just downright friggin' weird-looking.

It is good at everything, but isn't great at anything. However, I haven't found a foundation that IS great at everything...so until then, this one is the best, I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Iíve used this foundation for about 18 months and am nearing the end of my first pot, but have never been completely thrilled with it and wonít be repurchasing. Itís ok, but not good enough or unique enough to warrant the cost.

It doesnít keep me matte for very long, but then nothing does with my oily skin and so thatís not really my main complaint. Biggest problem is that none of the colours really suit my skin tone, the palest shade is too dark and too yellow-toned for my fair skin with pink undertones. Secondly, though I canít attribute anything in particular to this foundation, Lauroyl lysine is known to be comedogenic and I do have some acne issues.

Iíve recently received samples of the Everyday Minerals Matte foundation which is now free of lauroyl lysine and comes in a much better colour for me (Rosy Fair). Wear was fairly similar, though less cakey when I layered it up in problem areas. For this reason, Iíve decided to switch over to Everyday minerals, which also happens to be cheaper (though harder to get hold of in the UK).