December 22, 2014 | 1628 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Miracle in a bottle!! I have been using this every day for approx a week on my hands (just started today on my toes; i hadn't thought of using it on my toes until I read the reviews here, tyvm MUA!!), & anyways I have been putting on 2 coats a day because this is a severe case tbh I have (well HAD) the weakest nails, splitting down the middle was a huge problem for me, but I already noticed a major change! My nails didn't turn yellow as I feared, in fact they are a gorgeous pinky GLOSSY shade & I even noticed a little bit of growth which I don't think is my imagination coz my nails were painfully short & now I see a little rim of white on the tips! This was USD$16.95 w tax & worth every penny! Soooo glad I didn't buy anything instead. I've tried Sally Hansen Hard As Nails but i hasn't made a big commitment into using it like this, but these results are nothing short of miraculous for such a short time. The cracks haven't gotten longer/deeper which is gr8 coz those cracks are painful. I am not going to wear any nailpolish for awhile (which is hard for me to commit to!), but I am going to keep coating them w Nail Envy then remove it all off if and when it starts to look gross or chip & start all over again! I love the color this gives my nails coz they look so healthy. And glossy just really shiny & they are getting harder I can tell already, now if only I could get my cuticles in order.... My nails never looked this good unless I got a mani. I can't wait to see results on my feet. I wish I had discovered this sooner & not had to suffer through these yucky nails, it embarrassed me to have such ragged nails but now they are improving greatly. I can't stop marveling at what a vast improvement in just one week!! And like I said I've never seen my nails turn this healthy shade of gorgeous pink. Nothing short of amazing. Wow!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I have to state that I only review products on here that I finish. When I finish a product, I come here and do a review. That way, I remember every product I use and I do not buy products that I hated. This is my second nail polish that I finish (I have over 500+ nail polish but I never wear the same so I never finish a bottle).

It's a really good nail strenghtener, My nails were weak and tiny without using this, and now they are so much better. I found this for like 6.99$ at Winners and I'm glad I bought it. It's a really good product and I recommend it to everyone :-)

I've now moved on to Duri Rejuvacote which is slightly better than OPI Nail Envy, but only by a bit :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG nail strengthener! I have thin, peeling nails that used to look ghastly all the time due to a nail biting habit (disgusting). I tried a variety of nail strengtheners from Sally Hansen, Orly, and Essie, but none of them did anything to keep my nails from peeling. This product makes my nails significantly harder and stronger, and as a result I can grow them out past the tips which was never possible before. One of the key ingredients that distinguishes Nail Envy is formaldehyde - yes, the same ingredient morticians use, so it definitely works. This was key in helping me break my nail biting habit because formaldehyde is highly toxic when ingested.

Obviously, this is NOT a suitable product for those who prioritize using natural and organic products. But it delivers major results, which is worth it for me, and helped me break one of my worst habits when I had been trying to quit for years.

Nail Envy is decent as a base coat, although that is not the main use of this product and I get longer wear out of other OPI and Essie base coats. But I'll always have a bottle of this on hand to keep my nails shiny and durable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by SavannahMurdock

This is the absolute best nail growth product I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot. My nails are stronger and longer than they have ever been. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems growing their nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by chrisk5219

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luv this! Had gel overlays for approximately 6 years, and my nails were a mess. I used this as directed and within a month had short nails, and within 2 months experienced some short growth! would definitely recommend. I know several reviews have said you have to keep using it to see results, and I can't say otherwise, I would definitely recommend continued use. I have purchased more expensive products and not seen near the results I have with Nail Envy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by av315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a while now and I don't notice any improvement in the condition of my nails and it also doesn't do much to strengthen them while I'm wearing it so I wouldn't rebuy. That being said, I didn't know that there was a Nail Envy for thin nails and mine are really thin and soft so maybe I should try that one but even as a regular nail strengthener this just was so disappointing that I doubt I'll spend the same money on the other version. In my experience, Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength is way better for making my nails really strong and hardening them in case that's what you're looking for. Also, as a base coat, this is AWFUL on me. I've never had chipping in a matter of hours but yesterday evening I put on 2 thin coats of this and then two coats of OPI French Quarter for Your Thoughts and less than 18 hours later I've got chipped nails. I've worn this nail polish with other base coats and that never happened so, for me personally, this is neither a good base coat nor a good strengthener.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by PinkDahlia119

This doesn't do anything as a base coat for keeping polish on- when I used it, I have never had a manicure last more than three days. Also, it contains formaldehyde, so continued used use is not recommended- one of the side effects of continued use is nails separating from the nail bed- yikes!

Not for me. I also noticed the yellowing that other reviewers mentioned. Going to keep looking. So far I'm leaning towards DIY cuticle oil overdose: olive, jojoba, and coconut carrier oils with a few drops of tea tree + sweet orange oil. I rub it into the nail bed and under the free edge until the nail absorbs it three times a day. So far I really like Orly Nailtrition as a stand alone treatment- but it required going without polish for a two week treatment period.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by aidabit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it for almost a year. It did nothing for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nail envy is a great product! If used as directed, nails grow like crazy! When I grow out my nails I use this and people mistake my real nails for gel tips all the time. Would definitely buy again, although I must say it is very overpriced. It is great on the nails alone or as a base coat

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Nail Envy, Nail Saver!!! This product has worked a miracle on my nails! Six weeks ago I began going to aqua-aerobics 3X a week and I paid a price. My nails were breaking, splitting, a total disaster. Hooray for Nail Envy! This product, used almost daily, seemingly protects my nails from the chlorinated water. Amazing stuff! My nails are not splitting, not breaking, and I am a happy camper.