November 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Styling Products - Mane 'n Tail - Detangler

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Normally I use Johnson's detangler for my daughter and I, but decided to give this a shot. We both have very fine hair but a lot of it and it tangles very easily. initially I thought this worked pretty good, but then realized it was weighing my daughter's hair down. Not only that, but her hair had a film on it that caused it to actually become even more tangled and greasy as the day went on. For me it detangles ok, but I can feel a film too. I will stick with Johnson's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair: is naturally a dull, medium brown which is highlighted & at the moment is a medium, creamy blonde. It is naturally quite wavy, and because it is so dry, I wash it every 6 - 10 days.

You know the coarse, thick hair which grows on the outside of coconuts? That's only a slight exaggeration of what my hair is like: wavy, thick, wiry, bushy, unruly. Very dry, definitely no sleekness & shine. Whenever I go to the hairdresser & they blow dry my hair, the product used inevitably does nothing to combat the inherent bushiness. For years I've been mixing up my own hair oil out of macadamia,almond & hazelnut oil because otherwise my hair is so dry & gross it's basically a fire hazard. Which has worked ok, but it can be a bit heavy & prone to greasiness (dry AND greasy! great!).

My sister gave me this because her hair had already reached maximum sleekness & shine (!!) and felt she wasn't gaining anything by using this. My expectations for my own hair were low (see above). Imagine my delight when, after spraying & combing this through my damp hair, allowing it to dry naturally & then straightening it - *my hair was slippery, sleek & soft* - just like a normal person! Normally my hair won't stay straight very long & de-frizz/smoothings product won't have a lasting effect but Mane 'n Tail Detangler maintains gorgeous, tangle-free hair & it actually looks *healthy*.

tl;dr - this stuff is a miracle. If you have dry, wiry, problem hair, get some of this & it just might transform your locks into the shiny Barbie hair you've always wanted.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by antoanto23

I have very long hair and i need a leave in conditioner daily.i choose this one because the bottle is massive and the price was fair;very happy about the results.Soft shine hair easy to comb and the smell is just sooo good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I have a lot of long,fine hair and it tangles if I look at it the wrong way... Thus, a decent detangler is ESSENTIAL. I used to use the green suave one for kids, because I knew no other alternative. Well, I researched and found this detangler, and it is far better!! I use a ton of it but as I mentioned my hair tangles very easily and I legitimately spent 45 minutes the other night combing trouble areas. Anyways, without Mane n' Tail detangler I would have so many knots that I would not even attempt out of prolonged effort that results in a sacrifice of hair (eek) because the combing effort would take substantially longer! Overall, it is cheap so I can use a lot without worrying about restocking!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Ashmack12

This stuff is amazing! For the price ($6 at sally's), the amount of product you get, and sprays out in a nice fine mist, this is a steal! I have tried a lot of detanglers/leave in conditioners and this stuff leaves my hair weightless with no residue on it. Comb glides through my hair when I use it. recently had to cut my long wavy hair because of how tangled and matted my hair would get no matter how much I combed it. Wish I would have found this stuff before!

I also use Mane n' tail deep moisturizing shampoo/conditioner and love it!

*mid-length wavy hair, dyed, and prone to dryness and breakage*

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by holychiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff!! I have very thick hair that gets knotted easily and this takes care of that problem - I use occasionally but would re-buy. Doesn't make my hair greasy or really change the texture at all other than making it a little sleeker and easier to brush out. The only thing is I have a very sensitive scalp and this irritates it a little, however I try to spray it on the ends of my hair only.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by crayolakidd01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am biracial my parents are African American and Caucasian. My hair is curly and is very thick. I struggle trying to control it and sometimes the tangles are terrible! I bought this detangler after falling in love with the shampoo and conditioner and I am impressed. Its by far the best detangler I own and i will be repurchasing. This made my thick and curly hair very easy to manage and left it soft and moisturized. I wasnt sure at first and did not use it much but after using other detanglers and going back to this one I am really pleased with the results.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by caitlynperkins

The BEST detangler you can buy! I have bought this product over and ver again and it has never failed me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very rough African American hair and this makes blow drying it straight alot easier. I spray it all over after conditioning and then use a bit of heat protectant and the results are perfect. I also use it to set my hair in rollers when it's natural. I spray it all over, section it, add satin rollers, spray something for shine, put a scarf on, and go to sleep. In the morning my hair is curly and soft. This stuff is also inexpensive and the spray nozzle isn't all wonky like some other inexpensive products. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by hayleighlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used a full bottle of this and just bought a new one. It lasted me personally about a bit over a month with daily use. I have severely damaged bleach blond hair and this helps keep my hair soft and tangle free. I spray it on when i wake up and style my hair on days i don't wash my hair, and on days i wash my hair. It doesn't weigh down my hair at all and tames frizziness, definitely recommend!