November 28, 2014 | 2077 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nivea - Touch of Sparkle Moisturizing Body Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Despite my rating, I really did enjoy this product. It had a pleasant smell but it's not necessarily my favorite. It wasn't extraordinarily moisturizing, didn't provide the best lather, and had quite a thin consistency. Also, the scent did not linger on my skin which is something that I really enjoy in a body wash. Overall, it's a good product but due to these factors I would not repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I wasn't a fan of this product. Which was surprising considering I really do feel that Nivea is a stand out brand within the realm of drugstore products.

The Pros:
-This smells wonderful!
-It's sooooo affordable! I always see it on sale of 2 for $6, which is a lot of product for cheap.

The Cons:
-The scent does not carry past the bottle, doesn't leave anything on the skin.
-Really watered down stuff here. The only way I could get any lather was with a puff.
-I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, just sort of "there" as a cleanser.
-Long list of crappy ingredients which seem totally unnecessary.

All in all this was just too watered down of a product for me. Sometimes I am in a rush or just feelin' plain lazy and don't want to hassle with a sponge or puff that I then have to wring and rinse out thoroughly. But when I use/apply this product directly to my skin, it takes nearly a palm full to get any sort of lather at all. I get more lather and moisture out of a Dove soap bar, which I loathe. I kind of just don't feel clean using this product.

The Touch of Renewal Body Scrub by Nivea however, is AMAZING! And gives way more lather! I think I will stick with that as its so gentle and a much better product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I really like this body wash. It's a lot like the touch of happiness one, which I really like. This body wash is creamy and smooth and a little bit definitely goes a long way. I really like the scent, it is soft and very mellow and kind of soothing perfect for bedtime. The smell doesn't linger but I kind of wish it did. I don't know about the diamond powder ingredient, I'm sure its a fancy name for "mica" as I'm sure the sparkles in it is just powdered mica. The sparkles are not noticeable after the shower so I am not sure what the point is. Anyways, great body wash, 1 lippie off because the ingredients aren't very friendly and definitely chemically.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent is captivating. Smooth skin afterwards. yay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this body wash. It's got a nice scent and leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. You don't have to use a lot to get clean in the shower and it lathers really well compared to some other brands. The diamond thing is definitely untrue, but based on the price did anyone really think there would be diamonds in here? It also doesn't really leave you sparkling as it claims, but I'm willing to get passed that since I like everything else about it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

So lately I've been using shower gels for my whole body instead of only soap bars because, if it's a decent product, you can clean yourself better and in much more less amount of time. I have used almost every Bed Bath & Beyond scented shower gel there is, with loofas, but figured I should buy something less expensive with the purpose of hydrating my skin. My mom bought me this at Wal Mart because she thought it was a face cleanser (we're native spanish speakers and she's not that good at english lol). Needless to say, best mistake of a purchase ever made. I put a small amount on my loofa and start working it all over my body. It lathers up a LOT, so you just need a small amount; it smells lovely, almost like sweetened lavender spigs; and it leaves my skin feeling really soft.
The diamond powder part is bullsh--, let's accept it. I knew it since I saw the packaging. It doesn't leave your skin sparkly like a female version of Edward Cullen because using REAL diamond powder would be too expensive for the company to make, and the price would be WAY more expensive than what it is. The equivalent is some carbon derivative powder, but certainly not microlized diamonds. But I don't mind it, I think it's a decent product and so far I'm loving it! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are having a hard morning at work, few things beyond diamonds or a good bottle of Malbec are going to be your best friend 4+ hours after your lunch break. You may become desperate enough to pace the aisles of whichever store is close to your office, looking for a fleeting escape mechanism. If that is a grocery store? Wine and body wash with diamonds may be as good as it is going to get.

My nightly showers are a staple of my decompression methods, so I tend to accept or reject cleansing agents with feverish adoration or callous disdain. I settled upon this bottle as the smell was not overtly plasticine or cheap, and again, the diamonds. Diamond powder, whatever.

"Whatever" was my exact reaction to the supposed sparkly properties of this body wash. Not even a sparkle was left on my skin. Shimmer. Glint of something. I applied this wash three times in the same shower using different methods (hand, loofah, body brush) just to see the whole reason it was purchased. Mentioning a product ingredient toward eliciting an emotional reaction in a user...only to not have it present in the product...only goes so far.

Because the hydration/moisturization benefits of this wash, while noticeable, were not substantial enough to prevent me from using a lotion several hours later. My skin was incredibly smooth just from the wash alone, though.

The wash also lathered a lot, to the point where my usual palm-squirt was too much. This may make this a great buy for some, as I can easily see the bottle lasting a fair bit longer than most (especially drugstore) body washes.

While the wash's scent was pleasant, I was not convinced it was remotely similar to calla lillies. Was the fragrance more delicate and soothing than most anything else on the shelf (I went through them all, to the store manager's chagrin)? Yes. Lily? No. Soothing? Actually, yes. I can see myself using this frequently (until the bottle is empty) at night because the scent combined with the lather was incredibly calming. If Nivea reformulated this with lavender and emphasized its therapeutic properties, they may be on to something.

As diamonds are not forever if they were not there in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this body wash. While I didn't really notice any sparkles on my skin, I love the scent. It actually kind of makes me sleepy... so this would be a good body wash to use if you shower at night. It smells a bit like Marc Jacobs "Daisy" perfume, actually.
It is pretty pricey for a drug store brand... somewhere between $4-$8 depending on where you go. But the bottle is quite big, so it does last a while. I wish they would make smaller bottles of it though, as it is pretty bulky.
I would recommend this product and I would buy it again because it is a nice little splurge and Nivea products never disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by vivaaglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Favorite body wash. The scent is amazing. Leaves my skin soft and adds a little shimmer. You can purchase it quite cheap when you have the coupons...while on sale. Gotta try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Crivera313

this stuff smells AMAZING. as far as providing any sparkle sheen to my body..no it doesn't do that but i don't really want to be sparkly on my body anyway. This stuff is divine.