December 20, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 325, cinnamon stick, and it's by far my favourite lipstick (even though I don't wear lipstick day to day). Nice shimmer, stays on long, good for defining my lips without the need of a lip liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by gemma2802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 8 of these lipsticks. I'm going to review them each as individual products as well as a collection.
So, first off I have 2 red shades from this collection: 540 Hollywood Red and 547 Pleasure Me Red. These both have a blue undertone to them which I really love as I'm not the biggest fan of orange toned red lipsticks. Hollywood Red is a lighter shade of red, for my lips which are quite naturally rosy red anyway, this is a definite "your lips but better" shade. For anyone else though this can still look subtle and perfect for day or night, it has a classy elegance to it that I think is just beautiful. Pleasure Me Red is a deeper, darker red colour. It's an amazing shade, and looks perfect next to my fair skin. To all the cool toned, pale skinned girls out there; Pleasure Me Red is your perfect red.
Then I have a gorgeous neutral brown shade; 630 Velvet Beige. I love the name of this, I think it describes the shade perfectly. This is possibly one of my favourite neutral shades EVER, it's got a slight mauve hint to it which is gorgeous, I could consider this a 'Kylie Jenner lip' dupe. I wear this a lot during the day as it goes with nearly everything, and I pair it with my Rimmel 1000 Kisses lip liner in Spice.
Next up is 148 Summer Pink. As someone who's not a typical fan of pink lips, I adore this shade. It's got a beautiful sheen to it and the shade of pink is lovely, it's not a sickly sweet candy pink, just a simple one that looks great in spring/summer.
I also have 245 Magic Mauve. After buying this shade, I spent a while regretting it and I couldn't think why I would buy it. At first it just didn't appeal to me. However now I adore it, it's a mauve coloured lipstick with a sheen that looks amazing on the lips. It could be worn in any season, and to any type of event. This is a colour that looks better if you build it up more, the more layers the nicer the colour.
There's a lot of hype about 'The Buffs' range in this collection (it's called something else in the UK I believe but I let it go by that) and I've actually only picked up one in this range. I have the shade 757 Naked Brown which I think is gorgeous. It's a very dark brown colour with a slight berry purple undertone, and I love it. I have very pale skin and it looks flawless, but I feel like this could work with all skin tones. I get so many compliments when I wear this, it's such a gorgeous shade and don't be too scared to try it!
Finally, I have two shades in 'The Pearls' range; 842 Rosewood Pearl and 852 Coral Pearl. Both these shades are pearly looking, frosty shades which I love for a natural look but could go with a more full look if you went for a heavy eye look. Rosewood Pearl is stunning (and the name is so cute), it's a nude shade, and the frosty sheen makes it look very natural. It could work for everybody, and the sheen does a great job of making your lips look fuller. The Coral Pearl is a light coral shade, it's very pretty!
The formula of all of these is amazing, it's super creamy but also long lasting, I can get a good 6 hours wear out of these, and maybe need to top up once after eating. The packaging is cute and they're good value. Would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LiliumLilith

I bought Maybelline Color sensational 527 Lady Red quite long time ago, maybe over a year ago. I liked it quite much and yesterday I decided to buy more lipsticks to fulfill my small collection. I bought 910 Shocking Coral and 912 Electric Orange.

I personally like how this lipstick stays in it's place quite well. It's not too wet nor too dry for me. (I've never had problems with my lips being too dry) In my opinion Shocking Coral is nowhere near being coral shade and I was disappointed with it mostly, even though I still like the color - but I was looking for coral shade, not pink. But it still looks quite good on my lips and I've seen people that it doesn't fit at all. But then, I was happily surprised by how nice color Electric Orange was - I've never liked color orange, actually I used to hate it, but that color fits me like my favorite sweater. About my old Lady Red - It's color I wanted and it's very nice red indeed, in my opinion at least.

It doesn't smell bad, but then again, it's kind of smell I learnt to smell lipsticks as it was my first lipstick ever. Pigmentation is very good in all of those tree, you don't even need to put so much it and it looks fabulous - but if you put it even little too much (especially Lady Red and Shocking Coral) you will look like a clown. It doesn't last all day, at least not for me, I usually apply more of it after two-three hours of last time applying it. It stains - well, at least everyone knows it's MY cup or glass.

I recommend this lipstick if your budget is small and you want big collection to choose from - I'm sure every lipstickholic finds their color in this collection. There's shades from nude to red and from bubblegum pink to dramatically dark lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are pretty good lipsticks for the drugstore / mass retail arena. The color choices are excellent as there are so many and what's good is there are a number of shades with a satin or creme finish as I do not like glitter or shimmer. The formula is smooth and not drying. I could do without the smell,which smells exactly like L'OREAL,which in turn,owns Maybelline so no surprise there. The staying power isn't that great but apply,blot,and apply and that seems to increase wear time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I am beginning to collect these lippies in the Beige/Brown shades and I think they are pretty great! Especially if you can get them on sale for 40% off the original price!
They glide on the lips with a creamy texture, they have great color payoff, they don't seem to dry my lips out like some other brands do, and the finish can be satin or matte depending on which colors you buy. I took one lippie off the rating because they don't have some great lasting power like other drugstore brands but for the most part they're great. Especially if you are on a budget and just starting to experiment with makeup. Their variety of shades and undertones is pretty great!
PS: Check out the shade Crazy for Coffee (275) for this fall! It is a creamy brown chocolate color that looks flattering and regal (I have fair skin with yellow undertones). I absolutely adore it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are decent lipsticks but they are not the best ones in the drugstore. I do like that they are inexpensive and have great color payoff. I have several lipsticks in the plum, pink and buff shades. I like that this line has a great color selection. The lipsticks themselves could be better. They are not very creamy and I have to press the product into my lips. They do not glide well and give and uneven, patchy color payoff when they are put on. The packaging looks cheap and isn't my favorite at all (the creamy matte lipsticks do have a nicer packaging and are a better lipstick by this brand). They are great to have though because they are easy to find and inexpensive. Not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by taniaeslava

I bought this lipstick in #65 Hooked on Pink. This is BY FAR the best lipstick I've ever tried. My aunt bought it and I gave it a try. I loved it. The next day I went to a drugstore and bought exactly the same. The color is precious. Kind of like a normal color of blushed lips but 3 tones darker. I wish I could post a picture of how beautiful it looks.

This lipstick is just so moistured you can not belive its pigmentation. Usually, the most pigmented a lipstick is, the less soft and creamy it gets. However, Color Sensational #65 is incredibly colored and as creemy and hydrating as a medium-quality lipbalm.

But that was not what surprised me the most.

I applied it at 11:00am. No lip liner or powder to set. Had lunch (eat&drink) at 1:00pm and at 5:00pm I got home. Never reapplied it. It actually stayed almost perfectly all that time, and it's not even promoted by Maybelline as a long lasting lipstick. I was shocked.

I can not talk about the other colors. Maybe they're not as pigmented or as lasting. My mom says she bought a light pink from this line and it's kind of (who lives in another city so I can not confirm with my own eyes)

Update: I bought this lipstick in Make Me Pink. It's a baby pink tone with a hint of purple. This is not as great as Hooked on Pink, fades with eating and drinking so it is not as lasting. However, i like it very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by leighiaj

I had Red Porcelain (RP41) and I love the colour, it's my perfect red, and it has relatively good staying power (I can wear this all day if I'm not eating, but I need to reapply if I eat). My only gripe is that after its applied it can be a tad sticky. It's for this reason that I wouldn't buy it again, but instead keep looking for a less sticky version.

TL;DR: My favourite (to date) red lipstick, but I wish it was less sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I own 450 in Mauve Mania. It is a medium pink with purple undertones, very my lips but only better type of shade.

This is the only lipstick that I have ever worn regularly because every lipstick I've tried in the past dries out my lips and doesn't last. This goes on so creamy and lasts a whole work day without needing to reapply (I put on several layers and then blot my lips and don't eat/drink anything till it has set). I am very happy I found this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by HannahLiaNeil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from boots, it was in a bargain basket, I believe it cost me one or two pounds. I have the shade 530 Fatal Red,it is a bold, bright red.I really like the sturdy sleek packaging. it has a mild crayon smell which doesnt bother me much. I find this to be a matte lipstick which needs a few coats to build up to a full coverage lipstick, it goes on quite smooth and lasts a while. I would be tempted to try this in a few other shades