Maybelline Color Sensational (All Shades)

3.9

Lanolin Liquida/Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, PPG-5 Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid/Isobutyl Acrylate/Isobornylacrylate Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, MEL/Honey, Polyethylene, Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, ( /- May Contain Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77941, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I can't express how much I love this lipstick. I've always had a problem with matte lipsticks drying my lips out, which meant I would apply a lip balm as a primer thus defeating the point of a matte look! this is nourishing and long lasting and as a dark skinned woman, the toasted brown shade achieves the best nude look ever

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

If you love matte lipstick then you need this in your collection.

I always seem to underestimate the quality of Maybelline but this lipstick has made me faithful again! It is BEAUTIFUL - everything you could want in a matte lipstick. I have the colour "Touch of Spice" which is a sort of brown colour. I also purchased "Lust for Blush" but I found it was a little too light pink for my skin tone.

They are smooth, rich and look so fabulous. If you are looking for a matte lipstick I would definitely recommend this. It's a cheaper option to some of the MAC and Sephora equivalents out there, and just as good!

I used to love Maybelline lipsticks but this latest incarnation doesn't appeal to me for one reason: the scent.

The packaging is lovely, and nice and sturdy, especially for a drugstore brand, and the color and feel of the lipsticks are wonderful. I've bought a couple LE items that I loved for how they looked and felt, but I ended up tossing them because they were too strongly scented.

I'm not a fan of fragranced lipsticks, and these have to be the strongest scented ones I've come across in recent (and not so recent) memory. It's fine if you aren't finicky like that, but I find it distracting, and it also makes my throat hurt a bit to smell the product under my nose, and I find the fragrance to make my lips feel a bit irritated. (I'm assuming it's the fragrance.)

And I hate to say it, and maybe it's just me, but the scent reminds me of scented panti-liners.

The formula is a touch dry, too, but I still blame it on the scent. If that didn't bother me I could just put balm on first and then add the lipstick. I've tried other drier brands like Kat Von D's Studded Kiss line, and didn't mind the dry or the creme brulee (so she says) scent (it seems more vanilla-ish to me).

If Maybelline dialed down the perfume, I'd consider buying more of their lipsticks, because other than that very smelly issue, I think they'd be a nice product. Not the best ever but a nice one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

There are so many beautiful shades, and the consistency has improved since the early ones. Some of the shades reviewed here have already been discontinued and it worries me that my best ones will also be gone one day so I buy extras when there is a sale. I have all the reds and browns, and some of the pinks. My absolute favourites are 255 Espresso Expressed and 950 Untainted Spice. They are like sister shades - one is my lips but perfectly enhanced, and one is my lips but sultry and chocolate-red. The Espresso name sounds like it's a brown shade but it's not - there's no red in coffee but this is a definite dark red. You could call it a chocolate cherry. Neither one of these is at all a nude shade. You know you have lipstick on but it doesn't compete with the rest of your face. It just enhances whatever you have on. Yes, I also love Crazy For Coffee and all the other shades in the brown section. I will keep on collecting these and any new shades they come out with that catch my eye. I have bought high end lipsticks that were not as good. My bag of purged lipsticks tells the story. I couldn't part with even one of these, not even the pale peach one because I am fond of them all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a decent, cheap, dark, nourishing lipstick for quite some time. I found the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick range in Superdrug the other week. Initially the price drew me in, and the colour range seemed excellent. I bought Coffee Craze, which in the tube looked to be exactly what I was looking for, but turned out to be a neutral nude on me. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many browner, darker shades; the majority are pinks or reds, which don't suit me at all. Despite this, the product is nice; it doesn't last brilliantly well but it is very moisturising and pigmented. The shade I chose didn't satisfy my criteria exactly, however it does suit me and has encouraged me to try out some more nude shades actually! I do like the packaging; the bullet is sophisticated enough to look like a high end product, however the lid sort of sits over the bullet instead of clicking into place. Its a minor detail but may make a big difference if you're someone who likes to carry your lipsticks around in bags, like I do.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!! The only problem is the packaging. They are not sealed so I have to take alchohol and clean it before i use it.

Got this in 965 bubble gum. I have to work in into my lips with my fingers Has some sparkles in it. Color not pigmented. Once I work it in, it looks matte but nothing special.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I find some shades more drying on the lips than others but all in all, they all have good staying power! There are tons and tons of shades, anyone could find something to suit there likes and skintone.

Bought Shocking Coral on a sale, it works but it's not my colour.

I have this in Coral Crush. Perhaps I misunderstood what this is supposed to be. I see it as more of a lip gloss than a lipstick. The color is very pretty but it is too soft and creamy to last long or retain much color on my lips. Not what I was looking for.

Recommended for Medium Skin