October 22, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I am beginning to collect these lippies in the Beige/Brown shades and I think they are pretty great! Especially if you can get them on sale for 40% off the original price!
They glide on the lips with a creamy texture, they have great color payoff, they don't seem to dry my lips out like some other brands do, and the finish can be satin or matte depending on which colors you buy. I took one lippie off the rating because they don't have some great lasting power like other drugstore brands but for the most part they're great. Especially if you are on a budget and just starting to experiment with makeup. Their variety of shades and undertones is pretty great!
PS: Check out the shade Crazy for Coffee (275) for this fall! It is a creamy brown chocolate color that looks flattering and regal (I have fair skin with yellow undertones). I absolutely adore it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are decent lipsticks but they are not the best ones in the drugstore. I do like that they are inexpensive and have great color payoff. I have several lipsticks in the plum, pink and buff shades. I like that this line has a great color selection. The lipsticks themselves could be better. They are not very creamy and I have to press the product into my lips. They do not glide well and give and uneven, patchy color payoff when they are put on. The packaging looks cheap and isn't my favorite at all (the creamy matte lipsticks do have a nicer packaging and are a better lipstick by this brand). They are great to have though because they are easy to find and inexpensive. Not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by taniaeslava

I bought this lipstick in #65 Hooked on Pink. This is BY FAR the best lipstick I've ever tried. My aunt bought it and I gave it a try. I loved it. The next day I went to a drugstore and bought exactly the same. The color is precious. Kind of like a normal color of blushed lips but 3 tones darker. I wish I could post a picture of how beautiful it looks.

This lipstick is just so moistured you can not belive its pigmentation. Usually, the most pigmented a lipstick is, the less soft and creamy it gets. However, Color Sensational #65 is incredibly colored and as creemy and hydrating as a medium-quality lipbalm.

But that was not what surprised me the most.

I applied it at 11:00am. No lip liner or powder to set. Had lunch (eat&drink) at 1:00pm and at 5:00pm I got home. Never reapplied it. It actually stayed almost perfectly all that time, and it's not even promoted by Maybelline as a long lasting lipstick. I was shocked.

I can not talk about the other colors. Maybe they're not as pigmented or as lasting. My mom says she bought a light pink from this line and it's kind of (who lives in another city so I can not confirm with my own eyes)

Update: I bought this lipstick in Make Me Pink. It's a baby pink tone with a hint of purple. This is not as great as Hooked on Pink, fades with eating and drinking so it is not as lasting. However, i like it very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by leighiaj

I had Red Porcelain (RP41) and I love the colour, it's my perfect red, and it has relatively good staying power (I can wear this all day if I'm not eating, but I need to reapply if I eat). My only gripe is that after its applied it can be a tad sticky. It's for this reason that I wouldn't buy it again, but instead keep looking for a less sticky version.

TL;DR: My favourite (to date) red lipstick, but I wish it was less sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I own 450 in Mauve Mania. It is a medium pink with purple undertones, very my lips but only better type of shade.

This is the only lipstick that I have ever worn regularly because every lipstick I've tried in the past dries out my lips and doesn't last. This goes on so creamy and lasts a whole work day without needing to reapply (I put on several layers and then blot my lips and don't eat/drink anything till it has set). I am very happy I found this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by HannahLiaNeil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from boots, it was in a bargain basket, I believe it cost me one or two pounds. I have the shade 530 Fatal Red,it is a bold, bright red.I really like the sturdy sleek packaging. it has a mild crayon smell which doesnt bother me much. I find this to be a matte lipstick which needs a few coats to build up to a full coverage lipstick, it goes on quite smooth and lasts a while. I would be tempted to try this in a few other shades

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the shade 630 Red Revolution for a few years now. It's my favorite red and would work well on a variety of skin tones. The best way I can describe it is as a 1 million bolt bright pure-red with neutral undertones. It has "pink" undertones but not the purplish pinkish way a red with blie undertones has. Compared to On Fire Red from the Colorsensational Vivids line, it is brighter, less blue, and has more slip(or glide), and applies at first swipe more opaquely. It's really the brightest red out there and a few people have commented on its many watts. You could mix it with a tiny bit of orange or yellow or blue or purple to change the undertone if you wish, but it is a really pretty color.
Fragrance: I'm talking about Fragrance, the added kind. It has some slight Vanilla Fragrance. As far as Fragrance goes, none is best, but this is too light to irritate anyone except those with truly sensitive skin. Also, it, and pumpkin, are the few Fragrances that aren't bad for skin(that's not truly and extremely sensitive).
Scent: I believe the Fragrance was only added to dispel the natural scent of the formula's waxes(which of course, everything in solid form has). Many people so intellectually describe some certain types if waxes as "crayon-scented" or (funniest) "omg why did they add crayon fragrance?!" So, one can see why they add Fragrance. Funnily enough, now it's "play-dough fragrance". Knowing what I know, I can tell it's a slight Vanilla Fragrance with the natural formula
Taste: I detected no taste, but I never make it a habit to lick my lips. Eating with it, however, and eventually eating some of the lipstick itself, I detected no taste or change in the food or drink's flavor.
Irritants: From reading the ingredient list, nothing pops out except for the fragrance. If you are allergic to anything or fear certain ingredients because of marketing or a blogger told you, then that is at your discretion.
Longevity: This'll wear evenly for approximately a school/work day. Applying a light coat, it already make lips look very red(like you already put on a ton of rouge) but the you can build more to the opacity on the tube. It's not a lip paint, so it will smear if you smear it, though it does take some pressure.
The way I was taught to make my lipstick last all day was (1) exfoliate lips, (2) apply lip balm and let it sink in, (3) remove all traces of balm, (4) shape lips with concealer, (5) line and fill in lips with matching or translucent lipliner or lip primer, (6) apply lipstick, (7) blot, (8) repeat six and seven until full or desired opacity, (9) set edges of lips with a good amount of powder, (10) very lightly dust on translucent powder.
I find that using this regimen does make it last all day with minimal reapplying, byt by itself it also lasts a good amount of time, but reapplying is still needed. It's not waterproof, which also means it's pretty oil resistant. It does stain and has pretty heavy pigment, so it's not attractive to smear it on your skin because only vigorous rubbing, or a good face wash or makeup remover, is going to really remove it. It's not Outlast or Infallible, but it gets the job done, gets you to lunch, fades evenly as you eat, and (after reapplying) stays pretty bright throughout the day. I find it is prettier, more universal, and more pigmented than my vivid.
It also has a pretty attractive glossy, not sparkly, finish. It makes lips look nicely plump and wet but I'm not sure many will agree it's a high-shine finish. It doesn't stick to my long hair, or (what I think is worse) runs down to my chin.
Honestly, these are some of the best and most affordable lipsticks, either drugstore or anywhere. Put it in nicer packaging and in a department store, and I would spend some good bucks. The packaging is functional and not at all fragile. It has the color side on the bottom of the, surprisingly pretty accurate, and the tube completly retracts the whole lipstick bullet thereby protecting it.
Also, even after these years of using this color to a stub, it still performs just as great as when I first bought it. I haven't noticed it drying or losing slip or anything.
Recently, I bought the shade 045 Pink Me Up and it's also a very pretty shade. It's a neutral to warm medium pink that applies(on me) as my-lips-but-pinker. It's very pretty and even applied opaquely gives subtle color. The formula is just as great as Red Revolution.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by snazzyjazzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I picked up these during a two for one sale. I had never tried maybelline lipstick before and was dubious as to the quality, but I am in love! I've currently got Vibrant Mandarin (a lovely 'coral orange') and Hot Plum (Pink w' blue tones). They are very pigmented, with great colour payoff. The formula is much like Revlon's Kissable Balms, applying like a lipstick but also leaving a great stain which means it wears well throughout the day, even with eating/drinking. I don't find them too drying, and the only downside I can think of is that the tinted packaging of the two shades I have is very similar, so it's difficult to tell at a glance which is which. This obviously is only a problem if you have several in the same shade group.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Binney

I have this in deepest cherry. It is a deep dark reddish purple and it is so beautiful and in style right now. Love these lipsticks as far as drugstore lip products go, not as good of a texture as Mac (much thinner.) good color payoff with the darker colors, but be careful with lighter colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I have this lipstick in Bit of Berry, Let Me Pink, Hooked on Pink, and Party Pink. I absolutely love every single one of them, and am really interested in the Buffs collection and will be purchasing a few of those soon. I digress.... The lasting power of these lipsticks is great, which is a huge thing for me. I hate when lipstick starts looking patchy and weird throughout the day. Especially when I'm at work and can't just touch up whenever I feel like it. There is no strong "lipstick" scent, which is nice, because some lipsticks smell like new shoes, I don't want to kiss my honey and smell like a shoe lol. The one complaint I have is that they are somewhat drying, but that's easily fixed with the tiniest bit of lip balm. I look forward to buying more of these. :)