Maybelline Color Sensational (All Shades)

3.9

Lanolin Liquida/Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, PPG-5 Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid/Isobutyl Acrylate/Isobornylacrylate Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, MEL/Honey, Polyethylene, Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, ( /- May Contain Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77941, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine)

on 8/14/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have every single color in the vivids line and I use them daily. The colors are bright and saturated, but I can handle it because I'm an olive skinned brunette. It's not for the faint of heart. Lasts all day. Is not particularly drying. Creamy texture. I'd buy this line again.

on 8/14/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

There are so many beautiful shades, and the consistency has improved since the early ones. Some of the shades reviewed here have already been discontinued and it worries me that my best ones will also be gone one day so I buy extras when there is a sale. I have all the reds and browns, and some of the pinks. My absolute favourites are 255 Espresso Expressed and 950 Untainted Spice. They are like sister shades - one is my lips but perfectly enhanced, and one is my lips but sultry and chocolate-red. The Espresso name sounds like it's a brown shade but it's not - there's no red in coffee but this is a definite dark red. You could call it a chocolate cherry. Neither one of these is at all a nude shade. You know you have lipstick on but it doesn't compete with the rest of your face. It just enhances whatever you have on. Yes, I also love Crazy For Coffee and all the other shades in the brown section. I will keep on collecting these and any new shades they come out with that catch my eye. I have bought high end lipsticks that were not as good. My bag of purged lipsticks tells the story. I couldn't part with even one of these, not even the pale peach one because I am fond of them all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a decent, cheap, dark, nourishing lipstick for quite some time. I found the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick range in Superdrug the other week. Initially the price drew me in, and the colour range seemed excellent. I bought Coffee Craze, which in the tube looked to be exactly what I was looking for, but turned out to be a neutral nude on me. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many browner, darker shades; the majority are pinks or reds, which don't suit me at all. Despite this, the product is nice; it doesn't last brilliantly well but it is very moisturising and pigmented. The shade I chose didn't satisfy my criteria exactly, however it does suit me and has encouraged me to try out some more nude shades actually! I do like the packaging; the bullet is sophisticated enough to look like a high end product, however the lid sort of sits over the bullet instead of clicking into place. Its a minor detail but may make a big difference if you're someone who likes to carry your lipsticks around in bags, like I do.

on 6/8/2015 8:19:00 PM

Fantastic!!!!!!!!! The only problem is the packaging. They are not sealed so I have to take alchohol and clean it before i use it.

on 3/21/2015 11:59:00 AM

Got this in 965 bubble gum. I have to work in into my lips with my fingers Has some sparkles in it. Color not pigmented. Once I work it in, it looks matte but nothing special.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

very drying, does not last long. I think I'll stick to Revlon lipsticks!

on 2/5/2015 12:55:00 PM

Bought Shocking Coral on a sale, it works but it's not my colour.

on 1/30/2015 8:10:00 PM

I have this in Coral Crush. Perhaps I misunderstood what this is supposed to be. I see it as more of a lip gloss than a lipstick. The color is very pretty but it is too soft and creamy to last long or retain much color on my lips. Not what I was looking for.

on 1/12/2015 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Wow -- a great product for the price. Lasts a good 4-5 hours on me. Smell evaporates quickly and it's not bad.

on 1/5/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought the Nude colored one, and I love it! It has a subtle sheen to it without looking like a lip gloss. The moisture factor isn't too great personally, but other than that it's a good product.

Recommended for Medium Skin