Maybelline Color Sensational (All Shades)

3.9

Lanolin Liquida/Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, PPG-5 Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid/Isobutyl Acrylate/Isobornylacrylate Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, MEL/Honey, Polyethylene, Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, ( /- May Contain Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77941, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a decent, cheap, dark, nourishing lipstick for quite some time. I found the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick range in Superdrug the other week. Initially the price drew me in, and the colour range seemed excellent. I bought Coffee Craze, which in the tube looked to be exactly what I was looking for, but turned out to be a neutral nude on me. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many browner, darker shades; the majority are pinks or reds, which don't suit me at all. Despite this, the product is nice; it doesn't last brilliantly well but it is very moisturising and pigmented. The shade I chose didn't satisfy my criteria exactly, however it does suit me and has encouraged me to try out some more nude shades actually! I do like the packaging; the bullet is sophisticated enough to look like a high end product, however the lid sort of sits over the bullet instead of clicking into place. Its a minor detail but may make a big difference if you're someone who likes to carry your lipsticks around in bags, like I do.

on 6/8/2015 8:19:00 PM

Fantastic!!!!!!!!! The only problem is the packaging. They are not sealed so I have to take alchohol and clean it before i use it.

on 3/21/2015 11:59:00 AM

Got this in 965 bubble gum. I have to work in into my lips with my fingers Has some sparkles in it. Color not pigmented. Once I work it in, it looks matte but nothing special.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

very drying, does not last long. I think I'll stick to Revlon lipsticks!

on 2/5/2015 12:55:00 PM

Bought Shocking Coral on a sale, it works but it's not my colour.

on 1/30/2015 8:10:00 PM

I have this in Coral Crush. Perhaps I misunderstood what this is supposed to be. I see it as more of a lip gloss than a lipstick. The color is very pretty but it is too soft and creamy to last long or retain much color on my lips. Not what I was looking for.

on 1/12/2015 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Wow -- a great product for the price. Lasts a good 4-5 hours on me. Smell evaporates quickly and it's not bad.

on 1/5/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought the Nude colored one, and I love it! It has a subtle sheen to it without looking like a lip gloss. The moisture factor isn't too great personally, but other than that it's a good product.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Nude Embrace (970), which is a mauve-rose nude & part of the Maybelline Dare To Go Nude Limited Edition Spring 2014 collection. It's not exactly nude on me, but it's honestly too cute a color for me to complain about. Barely Bronze (960) probably would have suited me a little better & I don't care! It's a lot for me to say I actually like a nude lipstick because I have dark skin & nude colors are hardly ever flattering on me. Nude embrace is definitely pinky on me, but it'll still most likely become my everyday lipstick. I liked it more than I expected & it's still wearable on my skin tone.

I'm not sure why, but this lipstick clings to the slightest dry patch or chapped line in your lips even though it's creamy & somewhat sheer. It's a little hard for me to wear during the harsh winter months; what I do is put on a lot of lip balm, apply my face/eye makeup, blot off half the lip balm, & then put the lipstick on last.

on 12/14/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in 325, cinnamon stick, and it's by far my favourite lipstick (even though I don't wear lipstick day to day). Nice shimmer, stays on long, good for defining my lips without the need of a lip liner.

Popular Lipsticks