September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Premium Pink

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Nicki8959

Goes all flaky and dry after only an hour of wear. It looked SO BAD on my lips then, and I was at work so I had to go to the bathroom and try to scrub it off my lips with paper towels... yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Color - Premium Pink looks like a slightly shimmery girly pink in the tube and wears quite true on my lips. Against my skintone (AAB/NC25, yellow undertones), the pink stands out more than with Perfect Peony (which is more golden-pink); Premium Pink is more of a true pink on me. It's not really dark enough or bright enough on me to consider it "fuschia" as other reviewers have; it wears much tamer on me I guess.

Product - The directions say to apply in a very thin layer, and practice confirms this is the best method. You can always add another layer if needed. The lipcolor provides very dense coverage, so you don't need much to get the proper color effect. It dries slowly so you have plenty of time to work with it, which I appreciate. It is a little tacky during the 5 minutes or so it takes to dry; later on, if you smoosh your lips together, it still feels slightly tacky (but no more so than with regular lipstick, IMO). However, to the touch (i.e., kissing, etc) the lips feel satiny-dry and smooth and definitely not tacky. No weird feel or taste when I lick my lips during the day. Dries to a satin finish and true to the color in the tube. Excellent staying power, with no change in coverage or texture. Lasts through meals, much to my excitement. Requires oil-based makeup remover or cleanser to remove. Best of all, it doesn't dry out my lips!

Product Comparisons - The two-step (color plus topcoat) systems like MF Lipfinity and CG Outlast did not work well for me: the lipcolor dried way too fast and made my lips dry and peel horribly. Plus I don't like to be bothered with carrying around and touching up with a special top coat all day long.

Packaging - The cylindrical tube is transparent so you can see the shade inside (a good thing) and the black screw-top houses a flocked doe-foot wand. The overall size is bigger, thicker than I would have preferred, but since I don't have to take this with me to reapply, this is moot. Personally I would also prefer a squared shape, just so it won't roll around on the counter :)

Overall - Another winner shade for me in a product I love. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by OtiisBDriftwood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this line of Revlon liquid lip. The formula is highly pigmented and does stay on for a good 20 hrs through eating, drinking, tooth brushing, showers and sleeping A few notes:

1- Exfoliated lips are a must for this to apply properly and stay put.

2- After some trial & error, I found it's best to remove most of the lipcolor from the wand and apply a very thin layer. The thicker the layer the more likely it will not set properly and flake.

3- It is more of a stain than a lipstick and will be very drying for some (as other reviewers have stated). It's not exactly drying on my lips but I still use Blistex after application for one reason: it is weirdly sticky/tacky even though no color rubs off. So, moisturize. Your lips will thank you.

It only got 3 lippies because of the color. Premium Pink looks like a very bright fuschia when applied so I won't be buying it again in this color.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by babyraflotin

I thought this would be a great lipstick/lip gloss. Only to find out that it isn't that great.. The color - premium pink is too bright. The product itself ain't worth it. You see, the consistency is so weird and once you apply it to your lips, you get build ups of color. However, it is very long lasting.... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i actually really like this. i think the reviews were harsh because it is long lasting and most are drying. this will last an entire work day, which is awsome. the color is brighter than i thought but still pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by megelizabethmax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I put it on once and can't get over the smell. It smells so awful I can't even wear this. Most glosses, stains, and lipsticks I wear have no scent but this is just so strong and terrible. Which sucks because it's a really pretty color and had decent staying power. But I just tossed it in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by natiev

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These long lasting lipsticks are just too drying for me. I simply don't like the feel of the product after it dries. It is durable but at times leaves a ring around my lips. This pink looks fuschia on my lips. I now wear it over a lip balm and add a reddish sheer gloss to downplay the pink.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LuxLasVegas

TRULY, incredibly long lasting. I suspect it even creates a lasting effect with the lipsticks you might try, on top of the original Revlon Colorstay.

There is a dryness effect, yes. But when compared to how long it lasts, the drying is tolerable. It's also quite tacky, but not in an annoying way.

I did not find the product glossy at all. Quite matte.

I tried a couple of different red-ish colors (buy one get one free). They go on with some precision if you're adept at a sponge wand and I didn't find a need for liner.

I wouldn't buy too many more colors of this, if any, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. Not great, not bad.