Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Emulsion lll

on 2/8/2015 3:28:00 AM

Very, very good moisturizer. I have tried a lot the last couple of years, and I keep buying this one. Especially in wintertime this works wonders for my skin. What I like best is that you do not have a heavy feeling of a thick moisturizer (like Eve Lom TLC Cream for instance). In summertime I prefer the nr. II or even the nr. I, depending on the weather. Also a very good base for your 'maquillage'! ;-) And the packaging is also great, a pump dispenser in a 100ml bottle. Which makes the price rather acceptable. Of course I always wait for a promotion with a 30% reduction... :-) A must try!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to try this product as Kanebo receives excellent reviews in most of their products here and elsewhere on the Internet (though at this time, there is only one other review for this specific product on makeupalley).

The emulsion smells like Pond's facial moisturizer and the resultant feeling on my skin is also identical. The smell alone is off-putting but if it moisturized well, I could likely overlook that. I am glad I tried out a sample ahead of time before buying a full size which is over $100.

on 6/24/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Sensai Emulsion lll is Kanebo's most moisturizing fluid (except for Premier Emulsion. And, okay, I admit, I like Premier more due to the DNA miracle ingredient....BUT it's 5X the price, so you have to consider that BIG time). Emulsion lll is a great day time product and reminds me ALOT of Sisley Hydra Global, but this is better under makeup as the finish is a bit slicker and smoother. It comes in a (similar to Hydra Global, nice, hygenic) pump dispenser and like Hydra Global is amazingly hydrating with a light consistency that keeps ultra dry skin feeling moist all day. It is neither sticky nor greasy. It doesn't leave a heavy "coated" feeling that you sometimes get with rich creams (I like those, too, just not under makeup and not for hot summer days). This isn't very scented (if at all) and doesn't bother my allergies or my sensitive skin. It feels absolutely LOVELY on, leaves a beautiful finish under primers and foundations and is perfect in the HOT desert. Definitely a great, affordable "find" I'd both recommend and will rebuy for myself. At $65.00 for 3.4oz, this is a steal! A reasonable price for a high quality product is a big plus in this economy!!