August 29, 2014 | 964 users online

Moisturizers - 100 Percent Pure - Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the new 2013 formulation. There are many negative reviews for the new formulation. I used both the old formulation (prior to 2011) and the new formulation. I do have to agree with the other reviewers that the old formulation felt better on the skin. However, the sun protection was not as good as the new formulation in my opinion.

Here are my comparisons of the OLD vs. NEW formulation!!

Old formulation (Might contain "Nano-sized zinc particles):

Pros: It felt great on the skin. It was very moisturizing and did not leave a white cast on the face. It absorbed very well, not greasy and left a dewy finish on my skin. It was preservative & fragrance free.

Cons: Although the 100% pure company never admitted that they used "Nano-sized zinc particles", the old formulation felt that it was formulated with Nano particles since there was no white cast. ***I tried numerous brands of physical sunscreen and ALL of them left a white cast on my face, EXCEPT the ones with Nano-sized zinc particles.
Also, the sun protection power was very poor & I still got sun burns after using this on my face. Since it did not provide enough sun protection, I stopped purchasing this sunscreen after the 2nd bottle.

New formulation (contains micronized zinc and titanium):

Pros: Great sun protection power and there is no need to reapply like the chemical sunscreen!!

-Although people complain about the white cast, I like it a lot since it helps even out my skin tone and I don't need to use a primer prior to the foundation.

-It doesn't feel greasy like many other physical sunscreens I tried in the past (Badgers, Trukid, alba botanica, nature's gate, Burnout, Coola, UV naturals), and it does NOT contain dimethicones and other silicones that can clog pores. Many physical sunscreens contain silicones to provide the smooth and even blending of the sunscreen. It also comes out in a liquid lotion texture & not like a greasy cream, so it's better for my acne prone skin.

-It does not contain strong fragrance or essential oils which can irritate my sensitive skin. No harmful preservatives.

Cons:
-It's very HARD TO BLEND!! You really have to keep your face moisturized before putting on this sunscreen. I usually use hydrating serums first and put a few drops of jojoba oil or sweet almond oil when my face is extra dry before I put on this sunscreen. This is similar to the 100% pure full coverage foundation. They both DO NOT work on DRY skin!! They will enhance the lines and dryness of your skin.

-DOES NOT BLEND WELL WITH FOUNDATION!! I'm using Shiseido The Makeup SPF 17 foundation. This mineral sunscreen forms white clumps with the Shiseido foundation. I'm not sure if other brands of foundation would work better with this sunscreen. I cannot use my foundation whenever I use this sunscreen.

-It's very HARD TO REMOVE. I use a gentle face wash with neutral pH so the cleansing power is not as strong as a bar soap or any facial cleanser with very high pH. Therefore I use cleansing oil to remove it, then I use my gentle cleanser to wash my face (at least 2X to thoroughly remove the cleansing oil residues). Using a cleansing oil is critical for my skin since I'm prone to develop blackheads around my T-zone.

***I learn my lesson the hard way. I didn't use makeup remover to remove physical sunscreen and my face broke out terribly in the past. Although chemical sunscreen is usually less greasy, it burns my sensitive skin so I can't use chemical sunscreen. Fragrance free physical sunscreen with a short ingredient list is more suitable for my sensitive skin.

-Price is MORE EXPANSIVE now since 100% pure makes the bottle smaller, but charges the same price.

Overall, I do like this sunscreen so I give it 3 stars. I can only use this sunscreen when I'm not using any foundation. It works okay for me so far, but I'm still debating whether I will repurchase this sunscreen after I finish this tube??

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very obvious white cast, I'm NC 25 and i look like a geisha, well sort of
Watery consistency that is hard to blend, tends to get uneven and patchy
Not water resistant, comes off when i rinse my mouth after breakfast

= i will be using this as a body sunblock and will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ginaold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The formula and packaging of this product has been updated. I just bought the new version today so can't really give a fair review just yet. I have used the old version, though. I liked how it felt on my skin but it did not provide enough sun protection. The old version only contained titanium dioxide. I like that the new product also contains a good amount of zinc oxide... one reason why I was willing to try 100 Percent Pure again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 100% Pure recently changed their packaging--along with the formula. The new version is awful.

OLD VERSION: A nice, moisturizing sunscreen that I would wear in the winter on days when my skin felt dry. It was easy to apply and had barely any white cast. Packaging was a glass bottle with pump containing 2 oz. of product.

NEW VERSION: A horrid sunscreen that's drying, difficult to apply and has the worst white cast of any physical sunscreen I've ever tried. And I've tried a lot. It makes me look like I died, was buried, then dug up a few days later. If the SPF were higher, I'd keep it for gardening. I hate to waste money, but I had to chuck it. The new tube packaging (includes a pump) is better than the glass version, but it now contains only 1.6 oz. of product. Neat trick. Also, the outer packaging is a bulky cardboard tube which seems incredibly wasteful.

*shakes fist at 100% Pure*

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by yankeesweetie35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Quick facts: early 20's, NW20, sensitive to sun & some fragrance, but very oily and clog prone

I wanted a light "green" moisturizer with spf for everyday use. This has great ingredients and does not clog my pores. For everyday sun exposure, it protects. Only problem is that during the summer months when the humidity goes up, my skin gets too oily with this. I then use a traditional ss instead. Also a little pricey. However, this is my go to everyday moisturizer from fall through spring.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by thefallenangel525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it! Been using it for about 2 weeks now, and its soothed my combination/dry skin. There is a notable difference in my skin. It's much smoother and moist, not oily. I do get very mild acne and this product hasn't helped. It might've caused one or two pimples, but it probably is my fault for forgetting to wash my face one night. However, some acne scarring and sunspots on my cheek have faded a bit. It is not oily at all! Also, 6 pumps does NOT equal 1/4 tsp. To the reviewer that said it does, are you sure you weren't using a 1/4 tbsp measuring spoon or something? I think around 2 pumps equals 1/4 tsp. My trick is instead of applying all of the sunscreen at once, apply it once, then wait around 10-15 minutes, then apply it again. It sinks in pretty quickly. It is not nano sized particles either. I've contacted the company about it. It get's a 4 because it might be causing breakouts. Not sure though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by TheEmpress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what's up with these products but they are very drying over long term use. This is the 3rd 100 percent moisturizer i've tried that resulted in very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by dorcasgood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The new packaging is great and the product works just as well as before. Non-greasy, absorbs fast, and you get a big bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by peanut32

I have used this SPF on and off for 2 years. I have gone through about 3 bottles, and I finally stopped using it recently. It is a great product if you don't have acne prone skin and are looking for an all natural moisturizer containing SPF. It is very gentle on the skin, won't cause burning in case you are the type that is sensitive to SPF (this is a physical block), but pomegranate oil is primarily made of oleic acids which are highly pore clogging. I wanted to get away with using this but at the end of the day it clogs my pores as much as I want to deny it. I wish it was made with a lighter carrier oil. Oh, and the packaging stinks but I see they have repackaged it into a plastic bottle, which I haven't tried, but I always prefer my skin care products in glass bottles.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this sunscreen! I'm always on the hunt for a natural sunscreen that doesn't clog my pores or break me out. I think I may have found it! For reference, I have combo, acne-prone skin. I use 2 pumps for my entire face. Its a lot but it sinks in quickly and doesn't leave a white cast (although I do have fair skin so it may leave a white cast for darker skin tones, I'm not sure). What I also love is that this doesn't leave my skin super greasy, although I think it does make it more "dewy" looking - this does not dry matte. I'm ok with dewy, as long as my skin isn't an oil slick! I haven't noticed any positive changes in my skin from it, but I'm ok with that. As long as it protects my skin from the sun and doesn't break me out, I'm happy!!

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (15%), Zinc Oxide (10%); Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice, Pomegranate Oil (Organic), Vitamin E (A Tocopherol), Beeswax, Extracts of: Organic White Tea, Organic Rosemary, Oregano (Organic), Thyme (Organic), Grapefruit Seed (Organic), Goldenseal (Organic), Cinnamon (Organic)