November 26, 2014 | 1041 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Shimmering Plum 4L

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess I should have been warned when the color description is "soft plum SHEEN." The color, while pretty, is too subtle. It does have MUFE's great staying power, but the color payoff isn't enough; plus it turned slightly reddish on my lids, making it look like I'd been crying or had a mild allergy attack. Now I'm stuck with an entire stick of this. I'm going to go running back to Urban Decay 24/7 in Rockstar, a deep, dark plum. It may not have the staying power of MUFE, but the color is gorgeous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ekym

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye pencil. Was looking for plum color eye pencil for a while and ended up in Sephora trying to choose between MUFE 4 L (Shimmering Plum) and Urban Decay Lust. UD was more like purple/blue, MUFE - purple/red. I tried applying both on my eye lids and have to say MUFE won. It was much easier to apply and once applied, did not smear or come off (I tried to remove it from my hand with make up remover and it didn't come off). UD on the other hand was hard to apply, it was smearing off and after about 2 hours one of my eye lid looked little smudgy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by nicoleha

Best eyeliner I've ever tried in my life. The color is gorgeous on brown eyes and great color payoff. It lasted all day and did not smudge.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have yet to be impressed with MUFe aqua eyes. This plum tone color is so sheer and it does not show up and I really have to push it. But yeah, the sheer unflattering line that you get, stays on pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Shainaelise

RETURNING! why did it get soo many good reviews? Didn't show up till i really dug into my water line and still it was nothing special. go with a different brand of eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by doedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just started using MUFE 4L and love it. Been using it for 3 days now and it hasn't smeared, rubbed off, flaked or anything. At first I was worried it would be difficult to remove since it said on the pencil that it's waterproof but then it came off immediately at night when I used Neutrogena eye makeup remover. Because the texture of the pencil is creamy, it might seem to be difficult to apply but if you keep the pencil sharp, it usually applies pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Dster0527

I was looking for an eggplant color eye pencil and this one is perfect. I love how it goes on and stays on all day. It's smooth and easy to apply. Line is concise. Just how I like it. I would recommend this to my friends!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner pencil is not the first plum-colored one which has been somewhat disappointing for me. I've tried probably half a dozen different brands over the years, trying to find a good dark plum to use to line my light blue eyes (stunning effect when it's right). This one from MUFE has the same faults: not creamy, a bit stiff to apply, not as pigmented as one would hope, and it fades. I think the color itself is difficult to formulate so I've given up on eye pencils in this shade (still looking for liquid liner though). I use it to blend over other eyeliners such as black or brown or gray or even teal. As an eyeliner on its own, it does not do enough for me to re-purchase but to accent/blend with other shades, it's fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by KamiSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stay away from the 4L, but do try other MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliners as they are fabulous! This was the third MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliner that I've purchased in the last five months. I purchased the 2L (pearly brown) and loved it so much (I was wearing it every day for two months!) that I purchased the 1L (star black). I thought I'd add a purple to my eyeliner collection and bought the 4L as it was more a true purple than the 6L (purple black). The 4L just doesn't work on your eyelid. It will glide across the back of your hand when you test it in the store, but it doesn't draw a nice smooth line on your eyelid. I took it back to Sephora and exchanged it for the 6L and I'm happy!