October 2, 2014 | 943 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Shimmering Plum 4L

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess I should have been warned when the color description is "soft plum SHEEN." The color, while pretty, is too subtle. It does have MUFE's great staying power, but the color payoff isn't enough; plus it turned slightly reddish on my lids, making it look like I'd been crying or had a mild allergy attack. Now I'm stuck with an entire stick of this. I'm going to go running back to Urban Decay 24/7 in Rockstar, a deep, dark plum. It may not have the staying power of MUFE, but the color is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye pencil. Was looking for plum color eye pencil for a while and ended up in Sephora trying to choose between MUFE 4 L (Shimmering Plum) and Urban Decay Lust. UD was more like purple/blue, MUFE - purple/red. I tried applying both on my eye lids and have to say MUFE won. It was much easier to apply and once applied, did not smear or come off (I tried to remove it from my hand with make up remover and it didn't come off). UD on the other hand was hard to apply, it was smearing off and after about 2 hours one of my eye lid looked little smudgy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by nicoleha

Best eyeliner I've ever tried in my life. The color is gorgeous on brown eyes and great color payoff. It lasted all day and did not smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Dster0527

I was looking for an eggplant color eye pencil and this one is perfect. I love how it goes on and stays on all day. It's smooth and easy to apply. Line is concise. Just how I like it. I would recommend this to my friends!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner pencil is not the first plum-colored one which has been somewhat disappointing for me. I've tried probably half a dozen different brands over the years, trying to find a good dark plum to use to line my light blue eyes (stunning effect when it's right). This one from MUFE has the same faults: not creamy, a bit stiff to apply, not as pigmented as one would hope, and it fades. I think the color itself is difficult to formulate so I've given up on eye pencils in this shade (still looking for liquid liner though). I use it to blend over other eyeliners such as black or brown or gray or even teal. As an eyeliner on its own, it does not do enough for me to re-purchase but to accent/blend with other shades, it's fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by GlossRawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually love anything from this brand, but I was disappointed in this product.

Mainly, the color payoff is not what I wanted. It's not really a true plum - it's like a grayish purple. The only way I get closer to a plum or purple color is if I rub the pencil on my hand back and forth and then use an eyeliner brush to draw it on. Not having to use an eyeliner brush is the reason I wanted a great pencil in the first place!

The 2nd thing I don't like is that it doesn't go on smoothly. It really tugs at the lid and is hard to get a uniform line. Again, drawing it on the hand and then using a brush helps with this. But that's not what I was going for buying a pencil.

3rd, it gets messy in the cap. Like, there's color all over the inside of it. This doesn't really happen with my other pencils, and makes it annoyingly messy when you're grasping it near the tip to draw on your eye.

One thing it does have though is staying power. But, 3 cons and 1 pro does not a repurchase make. Sorry MUFE - you did not have a winner with this one.