April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyLamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok.... Not as sticky as some of my other lip gloss's but overtime Ido feel that my lips become very dry and chapped from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by hina1983

Chanel's Glossimer is some of the BEST lipgloss I have ever used. It comes in a really vast variety of shades and colors, and while its tacky enough to have shine/color, it isn't sticky or tacky like the MAC lipglass. I prefer to use it over a lip balm, so it feels even less sticky (I hate having sticky lips).

I tend to like this gloss in the sparkly colors, because they go on sheer and have a ridiculous amount of sparkle (exactly what I want)! I have so many colors (at least 15), so I can't name them all. My advice is if you like a color, get it because some do get discontinued.

None of these have a very long lasting color, and they are all sheer. So don't expect what you see in the tube to be what you see on your lips, and expect to reapply often. Especially if you eat or drink, these come right off! But you can expect a lot of shine, sparkle etc.! I highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by aliceinwonderland77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive lip gloss, but soo worth it! This is my most favorite lip gloss ever. I like the texture, never sticky, very moisturizing, not overwhelming. Doesn't have any sugar sticky stuff that Lancome has..And little sparkles make lips look like they have more volume, very nice natural looking colors that stay on. 5 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by beardpapa

I love, love, LOVE this product ! I have it in 105 (bright fuschia pink) and another deep brown shade (i forgot the number).

it has a lot of sparkle - which, being Indian, I love ! even if you don't have any makeup on, just one swipe of this will give your face a pop of colour instead of looking washed-out.

Initially it was just lying in my cupboard because I felt it was too loud for me - but I am so bored of the other lipglosses out there that I decided to wear this more. I definitely feel you may not find such glosses in other brands. IMO, its definitely worth buying this although being Chanel it is expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of my HG lip gloss formulas. The formula is gel-like, cushiony, and non-sticky on the whole (sticky enough for it to last a bit, but not so watery that it disappears in 15 minutes). No weird white goop in the corners/insides of your lips after it's been on your lips for a while. I do wish sometimes they would come out with more creamy shades (but then it wouldn't be "levres scintillantes" or "sparkling lips") or toned down the sparkle factor a bit, but the sparkles are never tacky or childish looking and there are a wide range of shades for everyone. It is horrendously expensive, and the packaging quality leaves something to be desired in comparison with other Chanel lip offerings (cheap plasticky containers that look banged up after a bit), but they are really great and all the colors are so nuanced and beautiful. I docked 1 lippie because the sparkles stay glued to your lips after the gloss has worn off and kind of migrates onto other things, but other than that, it is a near-perfect gloss formula for me - silky, moisturizing, and UNSCENTED/UNFLAVORED. If you love shimmering, complex shades of gloss that are equally beautiful alone or over other colors, give these a try.

For your reference I am NW20ish, neutral undertones, black hair and brown eyes. I loved: Wild Rose (MLBB mauvey-pink-rose with silver - used up like 2 tubes already), Astral (cellophane pink), Venus (hot pink with gold), Pink Pulsion (jellyish/translucent fuchsia-raspberry), Mica (ballet pink with blue, green, white gold and pink sparkles), Maline (white gold in a clear base) and Bagatelle (medium/bubblegum pink with gold) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by tarita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

these lip glosses are so luxurious! i always go back to a shimmery neutral pink color that i get tons of compliments on....but recently i picked up a brighter pink color and this is when i really noticed the difference. the texture is wonderful and the sparkle is sophisticated!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEE Glossimer! I am not a fan of lip gloss because they can be sticky and feel heavy, but not Glossimer. I love the non sticky consistency and the colors are gorgeous. These glosses give you the sparkle you need without the cheap looking and gritty glitter that look disgusting while its on or after the gloss wears off. I seriously want them all, but I only own a couple since these are a bit pricey. If you want quality, non-sticky lip gloss with crazy sparkle then you should definitely check out these glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing Glossimers based on my experience on only two: 107-Equinox and 97-Hibiscus.

The formula is so great. Non-sticky, my hair is so easy to remove from my lips without taking a lot of product along (you know, on the windy days...), the sparkle is grown-up and not gritty and the result very beautiful. They both wear for about 2 hours alone or over my lipstick (only used Rouge Diors so far). Also, not only do they not dry my lips but they are actualy moisturizing. As they fade they leave behind a little sparkle that still compliments my lips. If I am bored and do not use a lipliner on the outer lip, the gloss stays more or less in place with only minor bleeding. I use Hibiscus, a more pigmented berry with berry sparkles with Rouge Dior 644 and I match Equinox, a more sheer pink/red with golden flakes with Rouge Dior 999.

There is no scent that I can detect. They taste a little sweet, not offensive. The tube is a little annoying, so I rated it a 3. I seem to struggle to get any product out and it is a little annoying. It has good balance and the bottle stays upright when I apply.

The price... It gets one lippie off for the price. There was no chance in hell I would pay full price, even if Coco herself came to hand them to me. The price is outrageous and also I am unemployed for the moment. But I got them on a Sephora clearence for about 15 Euro each and it is all I can do not run down there again and buy backups. If, when I finish them, I find them again in such a price then I would buy again. If you can afford them, however, definitely try them now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE the glossimer formula--lightweight without being sticky, sparkly without looking like you made out with a Glitterator. The colors are adult and sophisticated; if you're looking for crazy super-trendy colors, Chanel isn't where you should be. Unfortunately there are several cons to glossimers that prevent me from buying any except for every once in a while and only if I can't find a comparable dupe elsewhere. One, they're horribly expensive for a gloss at $28.50 USD, but they're a HE brand so that's expected. Two, I personally dislike doe foot applicators in glosses and prefer brushes. Yes, I could use a lip brush and/or buy throwaway gloss applicators, but I shouldn't have to do that. Three, I've read on numerous blogs and forums that glossimers go bad pretty quickly, so unless you go through tubes of gloss fairly quickly (I don't), expect to throw out a good chunk of your hard-earned money. I've been making sure to use the two I have (Spark and Sparkle d'Or) often to ensure this doesn't happen.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough about this lipgloss! Even after the "glossy" wears off, you are still left with a thin layer of glitter on your lips. I have been using these since 2007 and since my puppy just ate my last one, it's time for a new color!

They really do last, a lot longer than I originally expected. I have tried lip glosses from every brand, both drugstore and not. This without a doubt lasts the longest and has some great color choices as well.