July 29, 2014 | 1949 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - Dance!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is pretty good! definitely holds my makeup on longer and doesn't dry the skin out or break it out like other sprays but it doesn't keep makeup on for very much longer, I was it to be perfect through a 12 hour day ideally, and it doesn't make a difference when I sweat or get a little hot (and I am not oily at all, and don't sweat much, except a little on my nose). Ben Nye translucent powder holds my makeup on much better but it makes me skin look dry and powdery, which this doesn't do. Maybe try the original and dust BN on any oily spots

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Meh. Did nothing for me except lighten my wallet. I was so disappointed in this product that it almost seemed as if the glowing reviews were all posted by company employees or a PR firm or something similarly suspicious. Save your money and use a mister filled with water ~ you'll get the same results.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*sigh* I really wanted to love this product. I have very oily skin and my face is typically shiny 3 hours after I apply my makeup After using this product I noticed I began to get oily after an hour and my skin began to itch badly. After a day I broke out with really bad cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nbetterbid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff really is great. I don't know how anyone can say this doesn't work or it isn't good. I've always had trouble keeping my makeup on during the day. Most of the time after an hour my makeup would look worn out, but I use this stuff and it stays put for the entire day! It's literally just a mist you spray on your face. You do need about 6-7 sprits I find, but it does work. Yesterday at my 12 hr long shift, I put it on at around 8:30 am and by 9pm when I got off, my makeup was still pretty much all there and looked good for a 12+ hr day. Now of course after 12 hrs it doesn't look completely perfect, but all of my foundation, bronzer and blush were still highly intact. Although some might find it kind of expensive, it's well worth the money spent. My sister tried the Urban Decay one and although they're both made by Skindinavia, the UD one didn't work that great. I don't have oily skin anymore. The acne cleanser I use actually dries my skin out a bit, but I use moisturizer and this stuff doesn't make me break out. It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have the skindinavia makeup finishing spray the original and DANCE It is a weighless mist I spray it or mist it for that matter when I am done with my makeup application BUT before any eye makeup application since some of my mascaras are not waterproof but seem semi water proof somehow I just dont want to mist liquid after I apply my eye makeup. It feels refreshing and helps me look great while I'm working out. I have had this for almost a year it's a 4 floz and really lasts somehow since I only spray twice it has a great cooling technology and I love that is is formulated for sensative skin .Thery are also cruelty free and they do not test on animals.I think that is wonderful.Great product and great company to support made in the USA also lol I also love the fact that it is oil free,fragrance is the last ingrediant and I think that is completly not needed to be honest but anyway a great product. I also have dance to and like it as well.It says it helps hold foundation,eye shadow,blush and concealer so I should try after I apply my makeup AND eyeshadow then mist then I will apply my mascara last. I would love to see how it holds eyeshadow since I do not have an eye shadow primer.Love it try it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on the reviews at MUA and expected a miracle. I have very oily skin and use and eye and face primer. To test this product, I continued using my primers, and really couldn't see that my makeup lasted any longer or that it reduced surface oil.

I also tried spraying half my face just to see the difference at noon and dinner time. Monday-Friday my makeup is applied at 7am. Again, no difference whatsoever.

Unlike the previous reviewer it didn't ruin my makeup, but it didn't make it last any longer either. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Hannahawesome

I don't get it. I spray this (about 4 sprays) on in the morning over my makeup. I use Superstay concealer, Revlon Colorstay or Superstay foundation and Covergirl finishing powder. A few hours later, my makeup looks just as worn off as it does normally, maybe even more so. Today I actually sweat quite a bit at work (I'm a waitress) and in the places where I sweat my makeup was all caked up and looked awful. Am I doing something wrong? As far as I can tell, nope. I've used it a few days in a row and I'm very disappointed. I was expecting something amazing. Oh well. Lesson learned. If anything changes and this turns into a miracle finishing spray, I'll change my review.

UPDATE- I've been using this for a few weeks now. I don't know why, but it seems to have improved as I keep using it. And at least for me, it works 10 times better if you use it as a primer; before foundation. It was a little harder to get my foundation to go on evenly, but it has lasted longer than ever.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried the regular Makeup Finishing Spray and I did enjoy what a difference it made in keeping my makeup looking fresh-however, sometimes it would give me a bit of a shellacked look. I did use the bottle up. Then in summer I wanted to try another makeup spray, because I had seen the one by Urban Decay in Ulta. So online while I was looking, I saw different versions of Skindinavia- so I bought this version- Dance,because it had 100% repurchase rating. I liked this one even more than the regular! I'm almost through with this bottle, so now I've ordered the 10 years younger and the no more shine to test those out! Once you've used this, it's hard to go without!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by JesseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow.
Why don't more people know about this stuff??
I bought it after reading these reviews (so thanks guys, I owe you all!) and I love it. I've had it for about a month and have been really impressed with its results, but yesterday it went above and beyond. I unexpectedly had to walk home from town, which takes about 45 minutes. It was 34 degrees C (around 93F) but with a thunderstorm due to hit in a few hours, the humidity made it feel even hotter. I was also wearing jeans and a long-sleeved top, so I was a very sweaty lady. I thought by the time I got home that my makeup would be a gross sweaty mess if it was there at all, but my foundation was still in place and still glowy (!!!!! never happened before I got this stuff, even on normal days) and NOT EVEN MY EYELINER had budged. Usually by the end of the day/night my foundation has faded and my liner has melted down the lower outer corner of my eyes, but it was all still there. I looked just like I had when I left the house that morning - with a sweaty sheen, sure, but when I blotted the sweat, the makeup stayed put!
I agree with Leticia212, you'll need more than just 2 sprays. My usual "face" is sunscreen, primer, liquid foundation and mineral powder, and eyeshadow, liner, and mascara. 4-5 sprays locks all of that in until I wash my face before bed. I expected it to feel mask-like but I can't even feel it an my face. I could go on about Dance for days but this review is already too long, so I'll just say trust me guys, you want this stuff :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I took out one lippie for this product only for the fact that for me the product is pricey. But is it worth it?hell yeah....n definitely will buy this again and again.

I live in humid and hot country so perspiration is common, so does melting makeup (fyi, could turn out until 40degree celcius in day light, sighhh...yes it is that hot here). So...I've been searching high and low for that one product that would make my makeup stays in place despite all the heat and humidity. Trying silicone primer but it broke me out (tried 3 products : MUFE, Pureluxe and monistat - all giving me cystic acne :().Been using this product for over 2 months now, almost on a daily basis and yes, it certainly does what it promises to do, ladies. I do still perspire during those very hot days, but when I blotted lightly, the makeup magically comes back to as if I was just applying my makeup...usually it would melt right off my face, no kidding. And more more lippies that somehow it doesnt react badly (read : pimples) on my ultra sensitive skin.