September 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this setting spray for about a week now and I really love it!
I have used it with their new No Glow spray primer and also milk of magnesia and I definitely noticed my makeup lasting longer. I have VERY oily, oily skin so this was incredible.

Very impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by brittclow69

This spray does keep my smile lines from creasing.. That's about it.. It oxidizes my makeup.. And I am on my 4th bottle now.. This last bottle being one that the company sent to me as I had complaints about the nozzle in every other bottle.. Is it just me or does anyone else's bottle after using it a few times create a harsh line of spray as appose to a most? EVERY bottle did this to me and one day I looked nice and sprayed it and the line of spray came out so harsh it made my mascara run and everything.. Will be trying something different after this bottle.. But as for the purpose of what it is suppose to do it did work. Just hate the damn nozzle!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by PRINCESSDALE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been wearing makeup since a freshman in high school and for four miserable years, I was always super oily and super cakey at school. Better late than never, the summer after I graduated, I found out about this skindinavia no more shine spray on YouTube. Lots of beauty gurus had different opinions on this spray, either it was super amazing or super horrible. I decided since its summer now, the weather is going to be at least high 80s, low 90s, that I should just give this product a try even though I was so skeptical because everything I tried always let me down....
Before this spray, my face was literally dripping off after 1 hour of applying it. I have acne oily skin, so all my acne bumps would eventually pop out from my makeup. My WHOLE face was oily, but especially my T zone. This happened in the winter as well. I figured it was probably the foundation. I began experimenting with different foundations(I always use liquid underneath powder). I used drugstore to high end liquid foundations but still, it didnt help.
Now using this spray, I wish I would've found it before high school so I wouldn't be a oily pan all those years.
Either go big or go home, so I went on eBay and got the 8oz bottle for ~$40? But let me tell you about this miracle product ! I'm so glad I ordered this spray at the beginning when summer barely started because it would've been a real mess if I hadn't.

Here's how I use it:
Spray it on after I put on my acne cream.
Let that dry, do my daily makeup and spray it after my makeup is all done.
During the day I would touch up my face by blotting some oils off and spritz a little bit more on my face.
I usually spray 4-5 times, making sure that it completely covered my whole face especially my T zone. Yeah... I spray a lot, I probably can use up my whole 8oz bottle in 6 months );
But regardless, it doesn't make my face completely matte. It makes my face look soft and it does not irritate my acne prone skin whatsoever. This product saved my life, whenever I forgot to spray it, I feel like my face is about to fall apart. I spray it under and over everything, drug store BB creams& foundations/ high end tinted moisturizer &foundations. It works well with everything. It even holds my eyeshadows in place and doesn't let it crease.
I often go clubbing/ parties/ raves, where lots of jumping and sweating is involved, but at the end of the night, my face still looks flawless like I have a fresh face of makeup on.

So if you have oily oily skin, try this product out. Super happy with this product, currently on my 2nd 8oz bottle and my 3rd 4oz bottle (touch ups during the day). So 3 lippies for the price, but 5 lippies for the product. I would give 100 lippies for it, if its possible!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

(I have added a picture above btw)

I use this to clean surfaces in my room due it's alcohol content, at least it has 1 use...

I was looking for a setting spray to keep me matte and keep my makeup looking better for longer as I have a very oily T-zone but this product is just an alcohol spray in essence. I have tried it under makeup, over makeup and a combination of both.

The second ingredient in this spray is denatured alcohol which is a bad alcohol that causes irritation. The alcohol may evaporate oil but it does not continuously control it through out the day like a powder or silicone based mattifier would and causes irritation which can cause spots and increase oil production! Also it was so drying it cracked my dry skin, and even cracked my very oily T-zone skin. Considering its short, irritant causing and shiny film forming list of ingredients it is ridiculous to have to pay around 30 pounds on this.

In terms of making my makeup look nice- It caused my makeup to oxidize within 10 minutes of application, I went from my natural very pale skin to an orange hue a few shades darker, so I had to redo my makeup. I was looking for more than 10 minutes wear :L

The spray bottle itself is not great as it is prone to spraying droplets instead of a mist, so this will probably not fix your whole face evenly.

In retrospect I should have searched for the ingredient list to see how it aims to mattify and wish I'd just bought a better powder than the one I owned. I now use the Eshiko powder and it sets makeup and controls oil brilliantly :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by DoppelgangerMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I haven't made up my mind yet. Do I like it? Don't I? Well, the thing with this product is that it isn't that reliable.. You may find yourself so damn oily that you can't believe it in the most casual circumstances.. and then after a long hard day out partying, dancing and sweating you may be fresh as a daisy like you put on your make-up half an hour ago. It isn't as long wear as it claims, but if you are a tiny bit oily mostly in the summer, it will work wonders. If you are reeeeallyyyyy oily then my friend this thing won't save you. I've been using this for 5 months, I'm halfway in a 4oz bottle and I've been using it sparingly. It won't prevent your eyeshadows from creasing, your lipstick from bleeding or you mascara from smudging. It will make your base stick on well, your blush won't fade, and your concealer will stay in place. It's not that bad, but it isn't irreplaceable and vital for my make-up routine. I still would love to test this in the summer..It could amaze me, I hope.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteBabe1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I don't think this spray is mean't for oily skin, even though it's called "No more shine". I have really bad oily skin, but this spray to me only gets rid of the cakeyness, and makes my makeup less powdery, but that's it! It DOESN'T control my oil! I followed many directions, and it still doesn't control my oil. I don't know maybe it's just because I have extreme oily skin, maybe this product works for people who have slightly oily skin. I think it's really expensive, but however it is a pretty scent, and it does refresh my makeup, but it looks like I won't be using it anymore! I rather would use the Ben Nye Matte Sealer! I tried that, and it does work to control my oil, but overall I give this product a rating of 2, just because it makes my makeup look natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought a huge bottle of this after hearing rave reviews about the original formula on MUA and on youtube. I figured the "mattifying" version would be optimal for me as I have a very oily T-zone by the end of the day. This spray does not seem to dry my skin out, does not seem to moisturize it, does not break me out, but it also DOES NOT CONTROL OIL. This sets makeup and helps it stay put, but it does not do anything about my shiny T-zone. I was pretty disappointed that it didn't help with the oil, but it still gets three stars for setting my makeup well and keeping it in place all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by niteamor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I expected so much more from this product however it was a bit of a disappointment! I really wanted to test this product so I did not apply any primer underneath my Bourjois healthy mix foundation and I did not set the foundation with a powder either. Although my makeup (my foundation and blusher etc) did last for longer, I still had to blot my face exactly after 3 hours as I was shiny as hell! Next time I will try with a primer and a powder and see how that goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. The first time I used it I thought "wow", but every time after that has just been "meh". I think the first time I just WANTED it to work so badly that I talked myself into it. It's OK, don't get me wrong - makes me not have to blot up oil for a couple hours instead of just one hour, but it's not HG by any means. And it's expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by pharmgalinadl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this spray for quite a while now so I thought I'd share my thoughts on here.
First of all, this spray DOES make my makeup last longer BUT my makeup would still fade a little at the end of the day. So it does not make your makeup completely fade-proof like what the other reviewers have been saying but the difference is significant enough, I would say.
I only use this as a primer.It does make my makeup goes on less smoothly but I guess that is the compromise I am willing to make because I'd rather have my make up last longer.
So if you are looking for a spray that makes your makeup completely fade-proof, this is not.
But if you are looking for a spray that makes your make up last for a few extra hours, this is for you. The difference is significant enough for me, but it depends on one's expectation whether the difference that it makes is significant.

UPDATE:
I found this works SIGNIFICANTLY better if you spray it before you apply your primer and liquid foundation, after your apply your liquid foundation AND after your apply your setting powder.
My makeup STAYS ON ALL DAY with this method.
Spray it with EACH LAYER of makeup you apply and this will work like a charm.
I use this method in conjunction with hourglass mineral veil primer which is also an excellent primer that helps your makeup stays in place but the hourglass primer only helps with the base makeup (i.e. the layer between your face and your liquid foundation).
You ALSO need another product to help with the other 'layers' of makeup (i.e. the layer between your liquid foundation and powder and the layer between your powder and the external environment)
hope this make sense!