September 17, 2014 | 2024 users online

Liquid - Illamasqua - Rich Liquid foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by rozenacht

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this for stage makeup. It's really thick and gives you perfect skin. I would not recommend using it for a date or clubbing as after a good night kiss it was on my date's face even though I continually repowder through out the night. You will look a bit shiney if you have oily skin so be prepared to repowder but overall a great foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Color (115) was amazing, matched my very fair skin great. Consistency was interesting, almost like caulk, but blended in very well, and not much is needed.
The bad thing is that it does not stay on the skin. I have oily skin and the foundation just melts away after just a few hours. It is supposed to work on every skintype, but no, not oily skin.
Also, expensive for not staying on skin.

Swatches here: http://ninairojiro.blogspot.se/2013/12/review-illamasqua-rich-liquid.html

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by europeansoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is seriously a terrible foundation. I bought it because it had a great shade range and 115 is a fantastic color for my slighly-lighter-than-NC15 pale skin. It's really terrible if you have any dry patches as those will only look worse and this stuff is impossible to apply! I used my fingers just so I could warm it up and it still ended up looking patchy. I couldn't bring myself to wear it out because just applying was impossible.

That said, there are some pros to this foundation and they're the reason it doesn't get the absolute LOWEST review from me. It makes for a FANTASTIC concealer. If I apply it very lightly over blemishes or under my eyes, it stays put and really does the job! As an under-eye concealer, it brightens my face and this stuff (even as a foundation) goes a looooong way, so I'm pretty sure I have enough "concealer" to last me two lifetimes. Frankly, I'm just happy I found a use for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dollfaceexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVOURITE foundation.
I have always used Revlon Colourstay as I have very red cheeks and nothing except the colour stay would hide them, but I find Illamasqua's Rich Liquid has a much better coverage and stays on longer.
Illamasqua in Australia have since lowered their prices, so at $35 I love it.

PROS:
It is really thick and heavy, but does stay on all day/night, doesn't come off when I sweat in summer, and doesn't make my skin break out.
I apply it with a flat foundation brush then blend it into my skin with just a fluffy brush and it looks perfect.
Im not sure why people are saying its not good for dry skin and goes "patchy", as my skin is extremely dry; But with a moisturiser and a good primer (napoleon autopilot is my fave) I don't get any dry patches.
Also the actual size of the product and the amount of foundation inside is quite amazing, one tube of this foundation lasts me literally a good 4-5 months with every day use, as a little goes a long way.

Only CON is that you have to squeeze it out of the tube. So when i can't squeeze any more out and think its empty, i cut it open and empty it into a small container and will get another 1 or 3 weeks use from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by brionyw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the worst foundations I have ever bought. It's over priced, terrible on your skin and doesn't even last that long. My skin is quite dry, but I use a lot of moisturizing products and is usually not noticeable until I used this foundation. It caked around all the dry patches on my face, making it look far worse than it was and then after about an hour or two of wear, my skin looked terrible worse than it would have been without makeup.

The only good thing was the colour matched well to my pale, pinky complection, but otherwise it's a horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MissAne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst foundation I have ever used! It's so difficult to apply as it's so thick I tried with a brush, blender it wouldn't move! ( and I did apply a moisturiser and primer before applying.) due to having dry skin it made my dry patches stand out making my skin look awful. And not just that I reacted to this foundation as it gave me eczema on my cheek! And iv never had eczema before ever anywhere lol If you dry skin I would not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I found the formula too thick and mask-like. I am not the Phantom of the Opera. I couldn't get it to blend or look natural. I was like, "Gurl, you ain't foolin' nobody." I had to wash it off, and ain't nobody got time for that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered this foundation as wanted to try out for ages. Recommendation of equivalent to nc37 was number 233. When u received the colour isn't as yellow as the mac and can look a bit orange on my skin so I'll need to tan up again. The coverage is amazing tho and my skin looked flawless. It did oxidise slightly on my skin and went patchy on my forehead but I think that's because I applied too much skin oil and moisturiser. I would def buy again but try a slightly lighter shade next time :) I apply over primer with a sigma f60 brush and stipple on then I use my sponge to press into the skin. No go for girls who like light coverage although mix with a tinted moisturiser for less cover x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by xjessxdunnx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im shocked by so many negative reviews yes its very dry and matte but dont you use moisturiser? i love this i done a lot or research and on a trip away decided to approach the counter its very full coverage... like iv said in other reviews im not a MUA im just a normal girl who wants a good damn covering foundation, and this ticks all the boxes it stays doesnt go anywhere i found it hard matching the colours i have estee lauder and this is cheaper than that by at least 10 pounds... and this is better i nearly bought the skin base foundation but after reading reviews im glad i didnt... illamasqua deserves more than a score of 3.6 just stop whinging and put a bit more moisturiser on

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Sweet4Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

:::NOTE::: If you have BLEMISHED skin or DRY skin patches, I would NOT recommend this foundation. This foundation is very dry in texture and it clings to blemishes and patches of dry skin, accentuating the imperfections. This foundation is GREAT for those who have a lot of discoloration on their skin,but no other major skin issues.

I have Combination skin(that is acne prone), with occasional dry patches on my cheeks or around my mouth and a few pimples once in a while.

I used to use this foundation every day for about 2 years straight.
I would basically make my own tinted moisturizer with it. I would put a couple of pumps of moisturizer and add a bit of this foundation according to how much coverage I wanted that day.

Needless to say, this foundation is super full coverage on its own----like theatrical makeup full coverage. Sometimes I would use it as a concealer because it's that full coverage.

The packaging is OKAY....not the best, not the worst. Once the product, starts running low on foundation, it becomes hard to take the foundation out. However, in the past I have cut the tube in half and have gotten many more uses out of this product.

This is an expensive foundation,but it does last a while considering you don't need to use a lot of it. Plus it has a pretty good color selection and it does NOT break me out. And I have repurchased this foundation numerous times.

The reason I no longer reach for this foundation is because on its own(without moisturizer) it can look cakey or mask like and you need to really work on buffing this foundation into your skin to make it look good. Also, I have some peach fuzz and this accentuates those baby hairs on my face.

Overall, this is the first foundation that I fell in love with. And if you can make it work, this does look gorgeous on the skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No