Ben Nye Total cover all wheels

on 1/30/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really do NOT like this product. Yes it is highly pigmented, but it is so dry and chalky it's extremely hard to work with and looks horrible when applied to the face. It doesn't seem to cover dark circles well at all, while it accentuates fine lines and pores. It looks streaky yet cakey. When applied over blemishes it somehow makes them look even worse and more noticeable. I don't like the colours. It smells disgusting. I can't think of a single positive thing to say about this product.

on 2/16/2014 3:11:00 PM

It's hard to justify this concealer.

1. It doesnt apply full coverage
2. It's not long lasting
3. Accentuates dry patches
4.Not fine textured, settles on fine lines
5. Weird enough, it has this little small dry powdery texture which looks annoying.

I dont get the high raves. This product doesnt work for me.

on 3/23/2013 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really tried to like this, especially when I forked out $40AUD for it. The main purpose I wanted to use this for was to correct my dark under eye circles. I've tried using a brush, my fingers and a wet sponge and the results will always be the same. After 15 - 20 minutes, it seems to sit into my fine lines around my lash lines and it'll start to cake at the outer corners of my eyes (and yes I have tried setting it with powder). It didn't really do anything spectacular for correcting my dark circles either. I would rather just stick to my The Balm, Time Balm concealer.

on 1/27/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Ben Nye concealor wheel is one of my holy grail items. At first I did not like this concealor because it felt dry to me. I was using a taklon foundation brush. I left this concealor in my drawer to rot with all the other crap that I buy that I do not like. The one day I used it but instead of using a brush to apply, I used my fingers. What a difference. Once the product heated up on my fingers, it took on a creamy consistancy. I am very fair skinned wth a lot of redness and I use the lightest color wheel. It covers all my redness and the white shade I use a a highlighter before I apply my foundation. The product stays put, it doesn't slide off or wear off like other concealors I've tried. I've had this concealor for well over 3 years and I still have about 1/2 left and I use it almost day for the past 1.5 years.

on 1/7/2012 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wow, I think that my search for the perfect concealer is finally over. It's a shame that more people don't know about Ben Nye because the products are truly amazing and the prices are very affordable. The only POSSIBLE downfall of this product is its less than glamorous packaging. I'm normally a sucker for cute packaging, but I'd rather an amazing product with a bland package than a mediocre product hidden in a gorgeous package. Anyhow, here's what I absolutely adore about this product (everything?):

-Great colors. I have SK-100, which contains a salmon pinkish shade, a cool pale shade, a very warm tan/light brown, a cooler tan, a true warm beige and a true cool beige. This wheel is probably best suited to beige to light brown complexions. For very pale skin, SK-100 would be a better choice (I plan on purchasing this wheel as well). As a makeup artist, this wheel is truly HG for me because I can use it on almost every client. I just wish that the shades were sold individually (I usually use the warm tan on myself, but I'd rather have it in its own little pot).

-Great value. You can purchase smaller wheels with four shades for about $10, or larger wheels with six shades for about $23. These wheels contain a TON of product. It literally goes all the way to the bottom of the container (which is a huge sigh of relief when you think about all the companies that retail products packaged in containrs that just make it look like you're getting a lot). If you are dark skinned (anything past light brown), you'd be better off getting one of the four color wheels because they come with darker shades (I plan on getting one for my professional kit).

-Can also be used for theatrical makeup. I used this when I painted my face like a leopard for Halloween and it turned out great. The darker four color wheels can also double as contour creams.

-Amazing texture. The ideal concealer (in my opinion) is neither too dry nor too creamy. This is just that. It's super easy to blend as well.

-Covers EVERYTHING with just the tiniest amount...And it never looks cakey (which I was a little nervous of at first since Ben Nye specializes in stage makeup).

-Does not break me out or aggravate existing blemishes.

-Lasts forever. Even on its own this concealer has great wear time, but to amp it up even more, set it with a light dusting translucent powder (Ben Nye Neutral Set is amazing and super affordable).

I can't praise this concealer enough. I'd been searching for a high quality wheel or palette for my professional kit forever, and I've finally found it. It's just an added bonus that it's so affordable. Will buy again and again :)

on 5/11/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sad to say to be the first one who wouldn't repurchase this. When I first got it, the concealer was all dry. It wasn't as creamy as everyone made it seem like. I purchased this from Naimies in North Hollywood, CA (they also have an online store). I believe I paid about 24 dollars for it? When I first got it, I absolutely hated it. It seemed like a waste of money because the product was so dry. If I kept rubbing my finger in it, then I actually got some product because my fingers warmed it up. I later noticed that the concealer wheel itself wasn't closed well. This was a manufacturing error because it closes completely lopsided which most likely dried the product out. Now, I've recently rediscovered it in my stash and have been using it consistently now that I figured out a way to warm it up. I shine my desk lamp on it for a few minutes while I'm doing stuff before using it so it melts up a bit and is more pliable. Sometimes I don't need to do that if its a really hot day. I use this on my hyper pigmentation and it does do a good job of covering it.

Now, the reason I would not repurchase is because I don't want to go through the hassle of 1. going down to Naimies 2. time is very valuable to me, so I don't want all the extra work just to apply concealer 3. my personal preference are liquidy concealers over 'cream' formulas like these.

on 5/10/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The variety of the colors and shades on the wheel, match my face and make me look like a queen. It blends in with my skin very well.

on 5/10/2011 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Have been using Ben Nye Mellow Orange and Blue Neutralizer concealers for a while and love them. Yesterday I went looking at a local shop for the Nye Special Green concealer to make it easier to cover some redness and irritation I got after doing electrolysis. They didn't have special green by itself but they did have it inside the total corrector wheel so I got that instead. As expected, all of the concealer/correctors are top notch, highly pigmented, great coverage, doesn't make me break out.. can't go wrong here.

on 3/28/2011 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I've found quest for a wonder concealed may be over !! I use the 100 wheel (darker than the 200) and all the colors in the wheel address my needs, areas of redness as well as dark circles under the eyes. I find the texture fabulous stays put and doesn't seem all that thick to me , although compared to a normal liquid stick concealer I guess some would find it too heavy. But personally, I want my concealer to be thick enough to cover AND stay put so a slightly thicker formulation is fine by me. I use this under my eyes with no problems and boy does it cover my bags. Life saver !! I just ordered a whole lot of Nye products and they are dirt cheap and excellent quality and will save me a fortune on my usual high end makeup purchases. What a shame more cosmetic junkies aren't aware of this wonderful brand. Highly recommended and really for the price, what have you got to lose ??

on 7/26/2009 5:17:00 PM

I am prone to broken capillaries, I have some melasma, and with a 3 year old and a new born in the house, most days I have dark circles. I have been searching for a concealer that would address all of these issues and have found it here in the 6 color wheel (SK-200). It has a color for every issue, provides excellent coverage without being cakey and stays in place all day. This is, by far, the best concealer I have ever used!

Top Rated Ben Nye Products