November 24, 2014 | 844 users online

Powder - Chanel - Mat Lumiere Extreme SPF 20/PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a deluxe sample (thanks to pinkdolphi & mua ) of it in 10! It's the lightest so I will not use my CDP primer...effect is matte without overly so. Stays on after 16h whole day without touchup.

I also apply this powder with my kabuki brush after sunscreen! Certainly getting the refill after finishing my sample :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I use this to set foundation and it is amazing for that. I used up one compact then had to switch to Stila ipf as I couldn't get it anymore and the Stila just had no oil control not to mention a strange metallic finish. I will stock up on this next time I am in Asia.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by realsilicon

i thought i'd give chanel a shot, but i should have trusted my gut. firstly, the counter ran out of the shade i was matched to and the counter lady sold me the lightest shade instead - not exactly the worse thing - i look like a ghost when i first put this on but my oily skin managed to oxidise this to the point where the colour pretty much matches my neck (thankfully). the issue i have with this is that it is awfully drying - i have oily skin but this sucker made it feel really tight & itchy. and this settles into my open pores/acne scars/lines, cakes up (even though i used the chanel primer and applied only 1 thin layer because of the light shade) and even my colleague pointed out that it was not working out for me because she could see blotches of the foundation caking up and settling into my acne scars.

i pretty much ditched it 2-3 days in and that was a truly expensive lesson to learn that chanel products and my skin just can't agree.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by stl

I am fairly disappointed in this product, even though I think it's my own fault mostly. I was looking for a fine powder, which would help set my makeup and give me this flawless yet somehow dewy luminous look. However this just sit on top of my skin making it looks kind of dull. This is called a powder foundation, so maybe it was me who bought the wrong product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i love this powder i use it along with the chanel matt foundation and my skin looks so clear and natural. this won't make you look powery or cakey it works great at controling oil and the thing i love most is you can buy refills so you don't need to bin the pretty packaging :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Julietz

I have oily skin that is prone to acne. I was first introduce to this product by Makeupalley a year ago.

For the first few times that I used this product, it worked magic on me and many people complimented that I looked better and natural with this powder.

6 months down the road, this product doesn't absorb or control any oil anymore. I'm not sure if it's a change in my skin or had my skin got so adapted to this product that it is producing more oil.

I will be switching to something else that can provide better oil control feature.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by mysodapop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this in beige cendre30 cos the SA ran out of 10 and 20. Obviously, it was too dark and yellow.. anyway, i wanted to test out if my skin will react badly to it, fortunately it didn't. But i felt that coverage is too sheer and it kind of look cakey upon application. Lucky i didnt bought the full-size pact.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ptanx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is designed for oily skin. Unfortunately does not stand up to it's promise. On application - velvetly and matt withint 2 hours, starts to slide of skin. Very disappointing. Mac studio fix lasts longer on oily skin

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

Since I live in the States where this particular product is not available (I regularly curse Chanel and its tendency to make my favorite shades and products Asian exclusives...grrrrr), samples of this item were hard to locate. Well, after a few months of trying I finally got my grubby little paws on some of this in 30 Beige Cendre (I am MAC NC35/Warm Natural 4.5 in Bobbi Brown Natural Finish at my palest, for reference). 30 Beige Cendre is definitely a shade that will work best on individuals with strong yellow undertones and warm skin. That said, this has been a banner year for me in terms of HG foundations, as this one has turned out to be a complete and utter winner in my book - though truth be told, I suspect that the 30 is a bit too light for me, so I will try the 40. The powder is very finely milled and keeps shine at bay for hours (I should add though that while my combo skin definitely tends to get shiny, it is not extremely oily, either), and application is incredibly easy. In fact, in terms of ease of application it puts every other foundation I have tried to shame. The deluxe samples of this come with a tiny little sponge, and somehow this manages to look stellar even when I use that! If you are capable of blotting your skin with pressed powder, then you can apply Mat Lumiere Extreme successfully - no fancy brushes required. Coverage is easily buildable, especially when you wet the sponge a little bit, but if you have pretty clear skin dry application is certainly sufficient. This product has no scent - at least none detected by my bionic nose - and every single time I wear it, I receive compliments on my skin without fail. (I should note here that I have been applying it over Murad's new Hybrids primer, in either the matte or the dewy finish - it works wonderfully with this product). It leaves my skin matte, but without the flat, artificial matte finish that characterizes so many powder foundations in my experience. I also appreciate the fact that you can purchase refills for this product as opposed to purchasing an entire new compact every time. My sole issue is that this particular shade will only work for me at my palest...for the rest of the year I will need to purchase a darker shade. Time to go sample hunting again - but at least now I know that it will be well worth the effort. This is a wonderful product, and worth every penny. Now if I could only convince Chanel to sell it in the States...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by clarisseqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG Powder Foundation. I've tried Mac Studio Fix, Shu Uemura, Laura Mercier, Loreal, Clinique etc etc but after I tried this I just stopped looking. For a powder foundation this really minimizes my large pores and blurs imperfections. I don't use it with concealer because until now I'm still looking for my hg concealer. It really doesn't make my skin too oily and too chalky err matte, just a dewy healthy look! We have to be realistic here girls! There's no powder that would stop your skin from producing oils! So I use oil control film for my nose, chin and forehead and there you go! perfect. It Doesn't break me out either!!! Light on the face like you're not wearing anything! I use it everyday! For Powder Foundation you have to prep your skin first! Moisturize!!! The night before and before applying make up. Make sure it's Oil free for those with oily skin. I have combination skin where I have really oily areas but it's flaking at the same time! Use setting powder or it won't last that long (that's why I only gave it 4 lippies)