Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme SPF 20/PA+++

talc, titanium dioxide, silica, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, boron nitride, caprylyl methicone, dimethiconol fluoroalcohol dilinoleic acid, zinc stearate, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, propylparaben, polyperfluoromethyllisopropyl ether, bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl dimethicone/ipdi copolymer ethylcarbamate, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, magnesium aluminum silicate, lilium candidum bulb extract, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, prunus persica (peach) fruit extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, nigella sativa seed oil, bht, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, phospholipids

on 2/9/2015 3:39:00 AM

I'm really not a fan of powder foundation. I don't like that when I apply it to my bare face it looks so cakey, but through-out the day, my oily skin actually makes it look better and "glowy", lol. Same thing goes for this product, but I think this can be a good product for touch-ups. I was hoping that it provides more coverage, but then again, I will probably be put off by the cakey-ness. It doesn't break me out, which is a plus. I don't like the lemon-y smell it has, but that goes away 5-10minutes after applying.
It's a well-rounded powder, although I don't have much to compare it with. I actually want to try something else once I finish it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG foundation! Been using it for 2 years now.

I work as a flight attendant and have full makeup on for more than 14 hours (sometimes even longer!) this foundation requires little/no touch up although I do get a LITTLE shiny after 8-9 hours or so.

This is probably the best mattifying foundation I've used.

on 5/12/2013 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Got a deluxe sample (thanks to pinkdolphi & mua ) of it in 10! It's the lightest so I will not use my CDP primer...effect is matte without overly so. Stays on after 16h whole day without touchup.

I also apply this powder with my kabuki brush after sunscreen! Certainly getting the refill after finishing my sample :)

on 1/31/2013 6:04:00 AM

I use this to set foundation and it is amazing for that. I used up one compact then had to switch to Stila ipf as I couldn't get it anymore and the Stila just had no oil control not to mention a strange metallic finish. I will stock up on this next time I am in Asia.

on 8/12/2012 7:15:00 AM

i thought i'd give chanel a shot, but i should have trusted my gut. firstly, the counter ran out of the shade i was matched to and the counter lady sold me the lightest shade instead - not exactly the worse thing - i look like a ghost when i first put this on but my oily skin managed to oxidise this to the point where the colour pretty much matches my neck (thankfully). the issue i have with this is that it is awfully drying - i have oily skin but this sucker made it feel really tight & itchy. and this settles into my open pores/acne scars/lines, cakes up (even though i used the chanel primer and applied only 1 thin layer because of the light shade) and even my colleague pointed out that it was not working out for me because she could see blotches of the foundation caking up and settling into my acne scars.

i pretty much ditched it 2-3 days in and that was a truly expensive lesson to learn that chanel products and my skin just can't agree.

on 1/5/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am fairly disappointed in this product, even though I think it's my own fault mostly. I was looking for a fine powder, which would help set my makeup and give me this flawless yet somehow dewy luminous look. However this just sit on top of my skin making it looks kind of dull. This is called a powder foundation, so maybe it was me who bought the wrong product.

on 7/13/2011 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i love this powder i use it along with the chanel matt foundation and my skin looks so clear and natural. this won't make you look powery or cakey it works great at controling oil and the thing i love most is you can buy refills so you don't need to bin the pretty packaging :)

on 5/19/2011 11:02:00 PM

I have oily skin that is prone to acne. I was first introduce to this product by Makeupalley a year ago.

For the first few times that I used this product, it worked magic on me and many people complimented that I looked better and natural with this powder.

6 months down the road, this product doesn't absorb or control any oil anymore. I'm not sure if it's a change in my skin or had my skin got so adapted to this product that it is producing more oil.

I will be switching to something else that can provide better oil control feature.

on 10/17/2010 7:39:00 AM

I got a sample of this in beige cendre30 cos the SA ran out of 10 and 20. Obviously, it was too dark and yellow.. anyway, i wanted to test out if my skin will react badly to it, fortunately it didn't. But i felt that coverage is too sheer and it kind of look cakey upon application. Lucky i didnt bought the full-size pact.

on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This product is designed for oily skin. Unfortunately does not stand up to it's promise. On application - velvetly and matt withint 2 hours, starts to slide of skin. Very disappointing. Mac studio fix lasts longer on oily skin