September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - Botanics Complexion Refining Light Night Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an okay moisturizer. I have used this for a few weeks but I do not see any big improvements for my acne prone skin but it's not bad either. A bit of a strong smell and the ingredients are sketchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I was quite happy with my previous night cream (Oh What a Night), I was in the mood for a change and I gave this a try. I usually write reviews too quickly, but this time I waited until I was sure how I felt about this product. Well, it's terrific! It's very liquidy (hence, the "Light" in the name), so it's a little hard to apply efficiently; plus, it stays a bit sticky for a while.But when I wake up my skin is soft and smooth (or as smooth as my skin can get). I started using this in conjunction with another product and for a while I wasn't sure who should get the credit. But I've come to the conclusion that this Boots moisturizer ges the nod. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Sxiao1

This would be my 2nd time using the night cream. I have tried a variety of night creams for my oily and acne-prone skin. But this would have to be my most favorite one. I would have to say it pretty much does what it says on the label. It helps keep your skin moisturized at night, but not over do it. It has also helped me lighten up some of my acne scars. It does NOT however lighten them up in a few day or so, it took a bit of time. But if you're someone with oily or acne-prone skin, I would definitely recommend this to you as it is not too heavy & moisturizes well for night use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by perfectionism

This product helped me clear up the blemishes on my forehead! I had whiteheads and clogged pores and they are finally starting to diminish after I've stopped using Origins.

I have normal-dry skin and do not find this to be moisturizing enough for me, so I have been using this underneath other moisturizers (Olay sensitive SPF 15 during the day and I've been using a hyaluronic acid moisturizer at night - avoiding my forehead). I love the lightweight texture and will be purchasing this again when I run out :) I do anticipate this lasting me quite a while as the jar is quite sizable and I don't use very much of it. I wish it came in a squeeze tube or pump-top though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is true to itís name itís really light which means itís sort of runny (careful when opening). I purchased this based on all of the positive reviews and so happy I did. The entire Botanics line is incredible and does indeed do what it says. You can notice a significant different when using their daily moisturizers within a two day span. When I wake up in the morning, my face looks bright and feels incredibly soft. Iíve started using this in conjunction with the Botanics Face Renewal SPF 15 Cream and the Botanics Moisturizing Deep Clean Foam and it has done wonders to my skin. Reducing the appearance of my pores, giving me a Ďglowí, getting rid of any discoloration (including minor red cheeks), and helps keep any breakouts at bay.

Since Iíve started using this I have zero bumps on my face, including breakouts. I used it during the day once because I had run out of my moisturizer but I donít recommend doing that. It made my face feel like I was sweating when I walked outside. Weird feeling, I did buy their Botanics Face Renewal SPF 15 Cream for the day and I did a separate review on that. I will mention that as much as people hate jar packaging, I love jar packaging. I don't dip my fingers in there, I typically use a q-tip and spot it on my face. In cases like these though, I feel like you're getting the entire amount out of the jar when it runs low. So their packaging was a huge plus for me.

Will repurchase anything from this line (the Botanics line, not No7)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by goldieg26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. Works wonders and looks great under my powder foundation. It did a fabulous job evining out my skintone, in conjunction with the toner, Simple brand Gel Wash, and the Boots Wrinkle Serum. I am a runner and use it on my decollage area to keep it clear too. Great way to finally get rid of any clogged pores without a major breakout of any kind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've switched my skincare line to all Boots products because I wanted something organic without harsh ingredients on my oily, acne-proned skin. This light night cream is great. It isn't heavy and it contains BHA, which treats my acne while allowing it to stay hydrated. I stopped a month ago trying to dry out my pimples and started to really care for my skin by removing my makeup with my clarisonic and fully moisturizing it with this night cream. It doesn't feel heavy so I actually use a lot of this product every night. I wake up to softer, more nourished skin and my acne has decreased over the course of two weeks. I'm not a fan of the jar packaging, but there is a ton of product in it. I shake it up and use whatever is left in the cap and apply it over my entire face. Wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

i really like this for my oily acne prone skin. you could get the same exact effects buying a bha cream from walgreens for like 6 bucks, but this cream has a nicer consistency and doesnt smell like elmers glue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Edit*: I can't find this anymore. I think they discontinued it. It wasn't moisturizing but the BHA (or whatever... I can't remember which acid) made my skin look more evenly tone the next morning. Boo.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this moisturizer!!!! I'm always terrified to try new products because everything breaks me out. I was convinced that night creams were forever off limits, but when I wake up in the morning my skin looks so amazing (at least compared to before.) Honestly, I can't use it every night because it's not that moisturizing due to the BHA, but it has helped my skin achieve a more even-tone in the morning which is priceless for me. Use it frequently with disposable plastic spoons to prevent bacteria build up. Will re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by oohitzyumi

I didn't think this product would do anything for my skin. I was really scared it would make me break out actually. I use this at night after my treatment as an extra moisturizer and it helps clear my skin and even my acne scars. It has BHA in it which I think is what helps with my scarring. I wake up in the morning to much more supple and clear skin. For $13.99 I will continue to repurchase and keep it in my regular skincare routine. I have very acne prone/oily skin with huge pores and am sensitive to a lot of products.