April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Sun Rush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i absolutely LOVEEEEEEE this stuff..its amazing.

Pros:
pigmented
versatile
sexy highlighter
golden glow
great for everyone
creamy

Cons:
I would say the only con is that MAC use to sell them in larger ``bottles``
However they cut the size and sell it for around $25 CAD
Its kind of a rip off a but i guess its still well worth the money.

I always get compliments on how sexy my complexion looks with this.

My tip: Use BH Cosmetics All over Brush!, and *STIPPLE* it on your cheekbones and blend it in circular motion.
You can also use your fingers.

They say apply before Powder at the MAC STORE..However I prefer to apply it after powder but Pre-Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cyclops68

I bought my Sun Rush Lustre Drops when they were first released and marketed as highlighters with the Style Warriors collection back in summer 2009. I was a lot into the contoured look then, after a technique class at MAC Pro where the artist used Fawntastic CCB to really sculpt my cheek bones by giving it an almost metallic, but tanned highlight. However, having found it difficult to replicate the same effect at home with the Fawntastic, I thought that a liquid highlighter like Lustre Drops would be easier to blend on the skin. Fawntastic is cool nude metallic beige on my NC30 skin, and Sun Rush is a lot more golden, which I found was more of a bronzer than a highlighter on me.

It is now summer 2012, I still have the same bottle of Sun Rush, and it is now a permanent item at MAC, marketed as a liquid bronzer together with Pink Rebel. I feel that Pink Rebel should be marketed more as a highlighter. I never liked it because it looked too stark on my complexion, which has golden undertones, but it looked amazing on a friend who is around NC20 and has olive undertones. It just gave her such a lovely, slightly pinkish glow on her cheeks. I get the impression that Pink Rebel is gorgeous for a posh evening look as it doesn't add any "sun", whereas Sun Rush, as is obvious in the name, is more adapted for a daytime, active look. My go-to posh evening highlighter that doesn't add any bronzing is the Special Reserve Highlighter called Whisper of Gilt, which is a light cool gold.

Anyway, now that I am more into using bronzers to get a healthy flush of colour, I use Sun Rush virtually everyday, in place of a highlighter AND a bronzer. To do so, I put a small drop at the height of each of my cheek bones around 2cm below the outer corner of my eye and blend it with either the 187 or 188 brush in a line from the apple of my cheeks to the ears. I avoid using too much product on the T-zone because I find that the luster might end up looking a little too dewy on my combination skin, so I dot whatever's left over on the tip of the bottle on the bridge of my nose and my forehead and blend it out with the brush if I remember. I then add one drop on each side of my neck and on my collar bones and buff with the 187 brush in circular motions. I find that the golden bronze colour of Sun Rush looks natural on my skin, both in real life and in photos, and it just warms up the complexion. At times, I even find that blush is unnecessary. I would say that the product stays on quite well, for at least 12 hours but I personally need a veil of MAC Blot powder all over after 8 hours to pull back the excess shine.

In all, Sun Rush is the product I use for a slightly bronzed, glowing and sculpted look, and I really like that it is fluid and a lot easier to apply and blend on the skin than a cream product like Fawntastic CCB.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by PandaNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As a highlighter, this is much too dark and peachy for my skin, even blended out. But I LOVE to use it under blush, for a beautiful glow. c:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by wareagle08

Love this is a highlighter, not sure why it is categorized as a bronzer. I didn't really notice a difference added to my foundation, but I use a little bit over the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheekbones and it looks incredible. It helps diffuse the powderiness of the MAC prolongwear foundation that I get before my natural oils kick in. I think it has pretty decent lasting power too. I'm NC30/40, NARS stromboli/barcelona depending on the season and I think its perfect for olive or tan skin. The pinker version would probably be better for fairer skin, but this may work. They are making this permanent too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by msveronica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It adds such a beautiful glow, you can also add a drop to your foundation to add a dewy look, use to highlight your brow bone, cheek bones etc....I'm upset that I didn't get a backup I guess I can try my local cc store.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a product that you will either really like or think it is a complete waste of money. On my NC 45, it adds a glow that is very close to my skintone. I use it as a highlighter above my cheeks, on my nose and under my eyebrows. It is perfect for an understated summer look. I use this with a cream blush, without foundation or powder. I agree with one of the other posters; I don't think it is worth $18.50, but that can be said about most of the mid to high end makeup I buy so... All in all, I really like it, but this is a product that you should try before you buy it. Your pleasure or dissatisfication with this product would be based on how subtle you want your highlighter to be.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Gwonggg

I'm really not sure how I feel about this product. I don't think that this product is worth $19, as you can easily duplicate some of this products uses. A major pro is the versatility of this product. You can darken your liquid foundation by mixing a few drops of this into your foundation, and it also adds a really subtle allover glowto the skin which is wonderful. You can use this as a base for eyeshadows, or wear it by itself on the lid for a super subtle sheen. For a really subtle and natural bronze glow to the face, tap a bit of this on the cheekbones. If you haven't noticed, this product is all about SUBTLE. this stuff isn't nearly as pigmeted as i'd like this to be. If you put this over foundation before you set it with powder, setting it will just cancel out the glow from this product making applying this product basically useless. You would be better off using an MSF or Physicians formula shimmer strips to add glow. When I originally saw the lustre drops in the To the Beach collection, I was instantly reminded of Benefits High Beam. Unfortunately neither sun rush nor the pink one were compareable in pigmentation. Overall, if you are someone that goes for the super natural look, this product would be great for you. But if you like more pigmentation, skip on this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful highlighter, perfect to put sparingly over bronzer directly on cheekbones. Very dewy, beautiful, SUN-KISSED look. I don't know if this will be permanent or not, but I'm buying a few more backups and pink rebel too for a more softer look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up today from the To The Beach Collection. The color is very similar to Benefit Moon Beam (golden peachy). The MAC brand has a better texture and color payoff. You also get more product and costs less than Benefit. Price/Size comparison: $18.50 (0.61 oz) vs. $24 (0.45 oz).

The packaging is better and you'll be able to use more of the product, because Benefit packaging is like nail polish bottle with a brush wand. With MAC you just squeeze the bottle, I tried the test bottle at the store. I have no complaints about the amount dispensed or gobbing. I can not say the same about the Benefit brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was the standout for me from the Style Warrior collection. I bought the Sun Rush color because the peachiness is complimentary to my olive skin. I have used this as a highlighter on the top of the cheek, bridge of the nose, etc. but also as a foundation booster-- to make the skin a little more glowy. In the past I have tried Armani Fluid Sheer and MAC's prior incarnation of this product, the Glimmershimmer--- both were just too frosty. The Sun Rush is shimmery but not too much frost, and does not accentuate the wrinkles. I am now getting to the age when the MSFs are too frosty, but this product is a good substitute.