MAC Nocturnelle

2.9

on 1/26/2013 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've had it with the poor quality of MAC nail lacquer. I used this as my color base coat. I applied THREE coats over my usual base coat, then on top I applied a coat of sparkle lacquer, then my usual top coat. My manis usually last over a week before I get tip wear. 2 days later, I am not only getting tip wear, but chipping as well. Unfortunately I got this as part of a mini set, so I cant even use it for Back 2 Mac. I've learned my lesson though. I don't care how pretty the color is, I won't be buying any more Mac nail lacquer. Product also easily separates, goes on very streaky, hence the 3 coats, and the brush is both too long and too stiff.

I could love the shade...if it looked like the shade in the bottle, but after 3-4 coats, it's still very sheer and streaky.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

While Nocturnelle is a nice dark black, that does not bubble while drying, I do find it to be really drippy, and streaky. It is very glossy once two coats are applied- it needs two coats to rid nails of streaks. Once I run out, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/26/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this nail polish at my local MAC store and I love it. I'm wearing it right now. I put two coats of this polish on and they make my nails look beautiful. The only thing that annoyed me is that since this is a black nail polish, MAC should have the description of the product in a color other than black, You can't even see the name on the packaging smh.

on 3/2/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG i dont know if i got a bad one but this nail polish is the worst polish i have ever bought, even Rimmel is better! two coats are needed because it is quite sheer but i dont mind that, usually two coats are needed but the thing i do mind is the fact that it peels off! its ridiculous, it comes off really easily it doesnt even last me a day. i wish i stuck to OPI, atleast i know not to ever buy a mac nail polish. Also you get 10ml with mac and 15ml with OPI, macs 8 and OPI is 10.50 i think it is so worth getting OPI instead.

on 2/18/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm wearing it right now! I'm conflicted because I really like this polish. First of all I love the name <3 It's very glossy and you can build up the intensity depending on how many coats you apply (I usually do 3 and sometimes I like to add a glittery topcoat). But it literally starts to crack and chip on me after a day, sometimes a night smh. The packaging is really cute though and I don't mind the brush. But I've used cheaper black nail polish that lasts longer. I do like the finish, but I won't repurchase when I run out.

on 5/2/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This a so black great for a goth look 2 coats and your ready to go. i would use a base coat or it might be hard to get off. i always do so i dont know. dries fast last long

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this a couple of years ago in a fit of whimsy, and am now seeing that it's been rereleased as part of the fall/winter '09 Style Black collection. I really suggest you buy Wet 'n Wild's Black Creme instead of Nocturnelle, because the colour is almost exactly the same - Nocturnelle is a bit glossier, but you could achieve the same gloss with any old topcoat. Wet 'n Wild also has more lasting power - Nocturnelle chips off within a day or so. The MAC n/p bottles are pretty and ergonomic with the rubberized cap, but the brush/stem are far too long and floppy to apply the contents neatly. C$14.50

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I like this polish, but it's nothing spectacular. It gives a nice, glossy finish with two coats and doesn't stain my nails. No problems with chipping; I can wear it for a week. It dries very slowly, and it costs $12: not worth it. Orly Liquid Vinyl costs $5-6 and gives the same finish with only one coat that dries quickly.

on 6/21/2009 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nocturnelle is your average deep black nail lacquer, semi-glossy with a finish that doesn't chip too easily or peel off. It applies smoothly, and one coat is generally enough. I'm bothered by some of the ingredients, but I may purchase again despite.

Popular Polishes