KMS California Hair Play Makeover Spray

4.7

Pentane, hydrofluorocarbon 152a, alcohol denat., rice starch, water, propylene glycol, lactic acid, glycerin, grape fruit extract, peppermint leaf extract, pca, tartaric acid, sorbitol, pyruvic acid, malic acid, glycolic acid, citric acid, fragrance

This is absolutely my favorite dry shampoo and texturizer. The best part about it is it does not leave residue on the hair if you remember to shake the can very well.

Love

on 1/30/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite dry shampoo. A little spray goes a long way. Has a texturizer so it boosts volume, which I totally need on the 2nd day. I find on the 3rd day I don't need to apply dry shampoo because the makeover spray is still absorbing excess oil. Very light white powder. Good for dark hair, because the white powder can be brushed in and blends flawlessly. 1 bottle lasts me about 4 months, with washing my hair twice a week. People use too much dry shampoo, because this is salon quality you can definitely get away with using less product than a drug store brand.

on 12/15/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a miracle product. I decided to purchase it after reading about it on "The Small Things" blog (written by a professional hair stylist). I have a super greasy scalp. On days I wash my hair, it looks greasy around the hairline by the end of the day. My hair has demi-permanent all over color on it to cover highlights & I had to switch from washing it every day to every other day in order to maintain my color. I have tried most dry shampoos on the market. This is the only one that gets my unwashed hair looking acceptable. I can even go 3 days without washing my hair when I use this dry shampoo which is amazing considering my greasy scalp. I hope this product never gets discontinued.

on 7/22/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a dry shampoo when I haven't been able to wash my hair and it's a bit greasy or after going to the gym and don't have time to shower and/or wash my hair. I have really thick coarse wavy hair and my side swept bangs tends to get a bit greasy from me fussing with them all the time so I love to spray this directly to my bangs and brush it through with my fingertips. It really does get rid of the oil and doesn't leave my hair feeling stiff or sticky nor does it leave any residue whatsoever at all like some other dry shampoos that I've used. I also like to use this when my hair is a bit flat and weighed down from grease near my scalp to regain some volume. Definitely recommend this since it's my HG dry shampoo!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best dry shampoo ever! I've tried other brands and I find they leave either a white fuzzy look in my hair or they make my hair too dry! For my naturally curly hair which I wear straight and keep straight up to 5 days this is perfect because it leaves my hair not greasy at all but fresh and shiny looking with no fly aways! I found mine at Winners for $13 but Winners can somewhat be a hit or miss when going back for products but I found again at a local beauty supply for $14 and it's def worth the price! This stays in my purse!

And I love the smell!!

on 6/13/2013 7:32:00 AM

I have tried a lot of different brands of dry shampoo in both spray and powder form, and I think I may have found the HG in KMS Makeover Spray. I got it at TK Maxx in the UK, so I think I may have the old packaging. I really hope they didn't change the formula with the update, because it is pretty much perfection. I avoid wet-shampooing too frequently (I have coloured hair), so I use a dry shampoo on the in-between days. I followed the instructions by spraying at the root in sections (it will spray on kind of white), then I worked the product down the shaft to the ends with my fingers, then I brushed it through. Not only did it instantly absorb any oil that was already there, I didn't need to reapply any of the product at all throughout the day. It never quits working! This stuff is great, and I will definitely buy again -- praying that the formula hasn't changed.

on 2/22/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a cosmetologist I give this 2 thumbs up. I use this on the days I don't shampoo or to add volume to an updo. It smells good and removes tangles while making greasy roots vanish. Wonderful products for all hair types.

on 1/16/2013 12:20:00 PM

I have tried Treseme, Suave, Not Your Mother's, Ojon, etc. None of these dry shampoos compare. I have very oily skin and scalp. If I blow dry my hair the night before I cannot wear it the next day without a dry shampoo. With this dry shampoo, I am wearing my hair down on day 4! With Treseme, I could maybe wear it down on the second day but regretting the choice later in the day. Suave was dirt cheap and accessible. I didn't like the smell but it worked so I looked passed it. Once I read the ingredients of Suave....I had to change brands. That's what Iike about KMS Makeover spray. They use natural ingredients like Rice Starch to absorb the oil vs. Aluminum whatever. You are paying a more for a quality product that is safe and works AMAZING. It keeps your hair soft and shiny, not piecy and dull. Also, I have dark hair and the powder does not show once you rub it in. And I use a lot.
LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

on 1/4/2013 11:17:00 PM

Best. Dry. Shampoo. Ever.

on 9/27/2012 4:32:00 PM

After reading the other reviews Im afraid that Im the partypooper. After using this product a month Im not impressed. Example: today I was spraying this in about 1 minute and no powder came out. Disappointing. This is not the first time, and yes Im shaking the bottle before spraying like Im getting a reward for it. And the smell after! Like having the hair in a Xerox-machine, smelling of metallic-ozone and sometimes a tiny tiny hint of flower happens to pass by.
My quest for the perfect dry-shampoo continues.