July 29, 2014 | 2091 users online

Bronzers - Stila - Loose Mineral Bronzing Powder With 24K Gold

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this for a while, i think i got it in a set with something else together from sephora... but it is still nearly 99% full, except the 1% that i might just have played on my hands.

In the jar, it just look brown to me, and on my hands, it pretty much look brown to me still LOL so I really don't know if this color does even work on my face??! I guess this is make for the darker skin girls, definitely not some lighter one like me (nc30)

i will probably toss mine away since it been just sitting there...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On my NW20-25, this comes out looking way too orange. The packaging is cute, and I like the twisting sifter to keep the product from spilling everywhere, but that isn't redeeming enough. It's too shimmery for me, as well, and I end up looking like a frosty Oompa-Loompa...not a great look! One plus is that it is very pigmented, and a little goes a long way - I use only the teeniest amount and still find that it's too much. I don't think this is carried anymore, in any event (it was part of the Indian Summer line, if I'm not mistaken?) but I've seen it in sales bins and online a fair bit recently. I wouldn't recommend it for ladies with my tone, but maybe you can make it work for you?! In my humble opinion, this is a sub-par bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NW45 and I'm kinda on the fence about this one. It has some pros and cons, just like any product.

Pros:
The packaging is cute.
Goes on lightly, so you can build it up.
I can twist the sifter to open and close it, so it doesn't spill all over my makeup bag.
Gives a nice glow

Cons:
WAY over priced. $34 is just crazy for the quality.
Can get a little too shimmery if you're not careful.

Cheyenne :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by charlesechick

I absolutely loved this bronzer...until I noticed that it made my face orange. It could be in combination that I was using the wrong shade of powder and foundation (not my fault...the SA had me fooled), but other than that, great product. It looks very natural (when I was using it with my old foundation) and wears all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Krista7

The mineral powder is the same packaging as the hydrating finishing powder. It lasts all day and is very blendable. The color is not a horrifying orange; it's very wearable. I'm a pale person, so I use a light hand on this, but the very fact I *can* wear it shows how universal this is. The only downside is that the powder does cost a lot (about $32) and I'm not struck by it as a unique, HG-type item.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the loose Mineral Bronzing Powder that was released with the Summer 2009 Indian Summer collection.

This is a loose powder bronzer in packaging very similar to the stila hydrating finishing powder. It has a cute bronzey lid with the same sun artwork as the pressed powder bronzers. There is also a mirror inside the lid. It has a sifter inside that can be turned to open or close it, so you can store this sideways or pack it for vacation without having all of the bronzer come out. I thought that was a particularly nice feature of the packaging.

I wear 30watts in stila foundation (about 20NW/NC in MAC) and I find this to be a very natural bronzer shade. It isn't orange, but it isn't flat brown either. It is a nice sunkissed brown shade. There is 24K gold in the bronzer, but it is minimal and not overly shimmery. It seems like it's going to last quite a long time too. I've used it a dozen times or so and it only seems to take the tiniest bit of powder to get a nice healthy glow. I prefer this now to the pressed powder bronzers in the stila line because I can use less bronzer and get a much more natural look.