November 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Mermaid Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by clinn74

I received this in a swap, and I am loving it! In the pan it looks like a drab grey, but on it is very different. Subtle shimmer, not at all over the top. I have yellow/beige undertones NC30 for ref. and this looks like a natural, glowy flush on me. There is quite a bit of product here, so I don't know if I will run out, but I will def. purchase it if I do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have almost all of the Becca pressed shimmer powders and I just love this product. It is really excellent. The shimmer isnt glittery or chunky, but really natural. These retail for $33 each but there is alot of powder. Comes packaged in a brown compact with silver top. Mermaid is a unique beige with silvery shimmer. This makes a highlighter. The shimmer is so natural and not glittery at all. They do have the Becca scent though, but it fades quickly and I dont notice it. Top quality shimmer powders and some of the best on the market. They are much more finely milled than the BB shimmerbricks or MAC skinfinishes/iridescent powders. A+++++!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by salamea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I thought that this product was pointless. It did absolutley nothing, I could not detect any shimmer what so ever, and it smelled like chalk. It went back to Sephora and I got the Bourjois Suivez mon Regard eyeshadow to replace it. I use it as a highlighter, its cheaper and a world of difference in quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

Definitely less shimmery than the loose version which works better for me. I use it on cheeks and especially like it as a wash over lids. A lot of product for the money. I think my shimmery powder search ends here. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 12:40:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Becca's pressed shimmers are great if you don't want the heavy sparkle that's in the loose shimmer powders. They come in a chic compact and it lasts for ages! I've had mine for a year and there's hardly a dip in it. Annywaaay, in the compact, Mermaid looks a dull greyish color, nothing much to get excited about. However, once applied, it has a beautiful aqua/gold shimmer, basically much like what you'd expect mermaid tails to look like, so the name's quite accurate :P Since the shimmer/s not OTT, I like using it on my lids, as well as on my decolletage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2002 11:33:00 PM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in *LOOVE* with this eyeshadow. Love, love, LOVE it! I just got my makeover done at the Becca counter today, and once it was done, I couldn't stop babbling about the eyeshadow! In pictures of the product it looks like a rather boring grey-greenish taupey color. Even when it's in the pan, it doesn't look particularly interesting - I defintely would have reached for Nymph or Hiawatha, which are closer to colors I normally wear. Once you put it on though, it completely morphs into this absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous sheer wash of...well, slightly greenish greyish color that shimmers both gold and silver....sort of like a mermaid herself! When you see them out of water they're supposed to be yucky and dull looking...but once they're in their element, they're magnificient. This eyeshadow totally brightens up my eyes, yet makes them look...not done-up and artificial (and I'm very big on natural looking makeup.) It's lasted six hours so far, with no creasing and no fading - not even through all of my sweat!!!...I sweat bucketloads everyday in the summer, and trickles of the sweat always manage to make their way on to my eyelids. :( With this baby though, I just blotted the sweat away and the color and shimmers in the shadow kept going strong! The only thing I'm not really too thrilled about is the price ($27) but I'm rather stingy with my money, and as with all Becca powders, I think you get a lot of product for what you pay for...and the results are totally worth it! See, even *now* I can't stop raving! :)