November 22, 2014 | 1551 users online

Bronzers - Annabelle - Zebra Bronzing Powder - Haute Gold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like I wasted my money on this. I really thought this would work like a bronzer on my nc44 skin because it looked dark enough in the pan. Instead on me it is like a very subtle highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by tasha_182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Too dark, not blendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by girlcoolrocklo

Awesome bronzer! It is nice and dark and not Orange at all! I have gotten so many compliments on it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This is alright
I tried it on today for the first time
It is very very light with a lot of gold shimmer
I knew that when I looked at it from the store
I wanted this to give me a warm glow and it is definitely not a "bronzer" for medium-dark skin tones it is more like a highlight
Works better for light skin tones
It gives off a really warm, shimmery, dewy, holiday look
I would wear this during the winter months to help me look more festive and glowy
I use this as a blush
Not bad but not really worth the money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by prncss

This is part of their 2009 Summer Bronze collection. I am always on the look out for new bronzers and saw this at a drugstore stand. Currently, I am using the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil which I have been using everyday. However, I find the Too Faced to be muddy at times which covers my natural glow, so I wanted to buy a bronze highlighter to restore my skin's glow and take away the ultra-matte look.

I have medium skin with yellow undertones, and in the summer I use a lot of self-tanner so I am quite dark.

The Zebra Bronzing Powder comes in 2 shades: Haute Gold and Beach Peach. It features zebra stripes of different colored shades of bronzer, and comes in a pretty gold colored flip-top compact with a see-thru lid.

This powder has a beautiful soft texture, reminiscent of the Smashbox Softlights albeit at a much lower price! I paid $10.99 CAD for this at Shoppers Drug Mart. I apply this with my EcoTools retractable kabuki and I get a beautiful bronzed healthy glow. This is way too light to be a bronzer and is more of a highlighter. I am really impressed by the soft texture which gets picked up easily by my brush, as compared to the Rimmel bronzer which is less pigmented. This has a beautiful light shimmer, but is not over-the-top sparkly. It is not obvious that I am wearing a highlighter, as compared to the Wet 'n' Wild highlighter, which is too shimmery to use all over the face. This needs to be applied with a light hand though. Otherwise, it will look chalky.

Also, this compact is really convenient to place in my bag. I don't like the screwtop lid of the Smashbox Softlights. Also, many of the new bronzers that are coming out seem to be huge (like the Prestige XL and Gosh bronzers), but this is a great size with a sizeable amount of product. It will last me a long time and It is limited but if I finish this, I would re-purchase.

The reason I am giving this 4 out of 5 lippies is that it does not have much color, and it is advertised to be a bronzer and not a highlighter.

Update - I found that if I swirl the brush around the compact and mix the colors more (as opposed to swiping it across), then I get a light brown color out of it which gives me a light bronzed glow that does not look orange. This is great for the days when I don't feel like going too dark.