Alison Raffaele Age Repsonse Fast Forward Primer

3.0

on 11/6/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product SOUNDS great... the mineral SPF, the "age response" claims, no parabens, and the hygienic and opaque packaging. And it goes on like a dream - I'm not exaggerating, the smoothest, silkiest skin product I've ever tried. However! The silicone-based formula dries my skin like nobody's business (granted my skin is naturally dry, but you'd expect an age response formula to be at least a little moisturizing, especially since they also have an acne response formula), leaving me with a very flaky face, even in the summertime. So, it might be worth trying on oily skin.

on 6/19/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Age Response Formula is a very interesting and effective under makeup primer. This is the only product from this brand I've tried, but I see the line gets mostly good reviews. After trying this particular product, I can see why the brand is well liked. Although this primer has some of the same elements as many other primers (the typical silicone "slip" that helps makeup glide on easily and SPF 15), it also has a few more unique claims to fame. First, the sunscreeen is mineral based and less irritating (than some sun products) for sensitive skin. Second, it contains hexapeptides which according to clinical research have been proven to promote new collagen production. I research (and try) a lot of products and collagen production is a BIG DEAL in much more expensive skin care products. It is unusual to find collagen producing peptides in a primer. And, last, but not least, this primer includes the brand's proprietary "Frutta di Vita" antioxidant blend which helps protect skin from damaging, aging free radicals. It's fairly pricey at around $45 per ounce, but as with all primers, a little does a lot, and this primer does a lot more than most. However, after using this for awhile, I JUST learned it is recommended for use on clean, dry skin, NOT over serum and/or a day cream (the way I use primers because I am so dry). So, I had to kick this down a notch for ME....still a very impressive product overall.