August 1, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Shadow and liner primer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by littleboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To start, I usually use concealer plus powder combination as my eyeshadow primer... I have used UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance... both overpriced and bad packaging...

I used this at the weekend and found it excellent, it made my eyeshadow colours so bright and vibrant! Staying power was also excellent. I used the primer with two inglot shadows.

The only down side is the packaging... You need to squeeze the tube in order to get any primer out but once you do get some out, LOADS piles out. This leads to a waste of product. I know it's cheap but I still don't like wasting it!

My recommendation... Buy this! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first eye primer I've tried, and I liked the small price tag...I figured I may as well try this before investing in the bigger names. Because I'd never used an eye primer before, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. This primer is great when it's slightly tacky, even my cheap eyeshadows that normally need tonnes of layering show up brighter and more pigmented...but it dries very fast which means this is hard to do. Once it is dry, it works maybe a teeny bit better than my normal concealer+setting powder combo base. It's not bad, but it isn't excellent either. It does keep liner and eyeshadow in place, but it doesn't really enhance the colours. I didn't give packaging a 5, just because I find it's easy to waste product with the big tube opening. I'm glad I have tried it though, and I'll keep using it until I get my mitts on something tried and trusted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ktb8293

So, I am surprised there are not more reviews on this product. I have received a sample from another MUA'er and wanted to use the product for a wk before making a review.

I have been an avid UDPP user for the last yr, BUT its extremely difficult for me to blend over. I was always using a cream shadow and/or a sheer layer of e/s before my regular e/s.

With the Fyrinnae e/s primer ~ it comes in 2 colors: light and dark. I have the light version. And it does leave a light cast on my NC30 skin but for a fairer girl it would be perfection.

I wear it from lashes to brows and use the tiniest bit. It doesnt feel wet but doesnt dry up too fast before I can spread it evenly either. I love the feel of it just putting it on.

Now for staying power: its been working great. I only really need a e/s primer for mmu e/s and when I use cream bases, the latter being very often. So, I used it with TSS mmu e/s and it lasted all day ~ even outside in the NC heat for 2hrs. Then the ultimate test was today ~ a NYX jumbo pencil in Blk bean... and a dark green smoky eye. It lasted all freaking day. I put it on at 6:30am and went to work, to the doctors, school orientation for my son, clothes shopping in the mall, and then finally school supply shopping at Walmart.

I washed it off at 9:30pm and it was EGG-XACTLY the same as when I applied it in the morning. After I hit "add/edit review" I am ordering more because it is taking 16-18 days to ship. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product as an inexpensive replacement for my beloved Urban Decay primer potion but no such luck. When using this I get creasing after about 5 hours and it doesn't make colors vibrant like UDPP. I will say that this is the first product from Fyrinnae that I haven't loved for they are a great company. If you want a shadow primer, skip this and put the money towards UDPP. It's much more expensive but totally worth it!!