April 25, 2014 | 1089 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cle de Peau - Base Lissante Tendre/Fraiche

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by benjijazzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works perfectly with the cle de peau foundation. After applying, my foundation can last me the entire day. Though its expensive, I do not need to put on too much per application. It keeps my foundation intact even when I m caught in the rain. I will buy this product again. Before using this I was using Laurier mercier oil free primer , but I think this one works better

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this primer however i may not repurchase because as many others have mentinoed this leaves a white cast on your face. I honestly didn't notice it because I loved the texture and finish of this primer. I used both version 'fraiche' and 'tendre' (i much preferred 'tendre' because i like that dewy/moisturized look/feel). I used to wear this on its own without any foundation on top because it evened out my skintone while providing me with the spf I needed. It was a very easy and quick, low maintenance product for me until two separate people on two separate days, told me that my face looked pasty white when compared to my neck/rest of my body. That was a deal breaker for me. The only reason I'm not repurchasing is beacuse I'm too lazy to add foundation on top of this. Otherwise a superb primer. Much better than other primers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mine is a different version from Japan. So it says "voile unifiant" (instead of "fraiche") which is for concealing of pores. I've used several makeup bases before and I think this is the best I've used so far. This is a rather heavily fragranced product. It does smells strange to me (like a very old type of floral fragrance?? ) but I can get past it 'cos the smell disappears quickly upon application.

Only a little bit is needed so thankfully the tube will last me a long time. Pores are covered and my make-up stays fresh for a long time - which is great as I work in a non air-conditioned environment! At the end of the day, when I remove my makeup with wipes, I can see lots of foundation on the wipe which means my makeup hasn't mysteriously evaporated throughout the day :-P I do not have oily skin so I cannot comment on the oil-controlling properties.

I love this despite the crazy price tag and see myself repurchasing when my current tube runs out. It's worth every cent.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely useless overly expensive primer. If you apply a moisturizer with SPF or foundation with SPF then you absolutely do not need this product, especially if you have oily skin. It leaves a white cast which is hard to get rid of. It does not make the face brighter but whiter as if you painted yourself with white chalk.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by phuong8alot

I almost didin't buy this because I thought the salesgirl was just trying to up sell to me when I bought my cle de peau foundation (which I also love). She gave me a sample to try and it was amazing and made such a difference to my make up. It gives my makeup great staying power and gives me a great complexion. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by katt35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this in the fraiche version, for normal to oily skins, I love how it evens out my skintone and my foundation if I choose to use any goes on seamless. I will never be without this, and have just placed an order for a second tube as I would hate to be without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by bren81

My review is for the smoothing base for pores (fraiche). I'm now onto my second tube of this. This provides for a smooth canvas for your foundation application. The foundation goes on smoother and you need less product to cover the whole face. It helps with oil control and lets your make up stay on longer. The price is very high but the tube lasts me about 6-7 months. I've tried to switch to other cheaper products but after a couple failures, I decided to stick to this product. Better spend my money on worthy product than to waste on junk...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by MySimone

Before I used Base Lissante I used a similar product from Lancome that was discontinued :( Some reviews don't like the whiteness that Base Lissante gives, but that is exactly what I want, it evens out my skintone and blends in before fading away. It makes my foundation last longer and doesn't feel heavy.
I bought a tube last year, probably over six months ago and it's still only half full (and I use it every day), so it's pricey but a little goes a long way. The only drawback for me is that I haven't found any internet store in Europe that stocks it, so I have to buy it from the US.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by belindaquan

I really wanna say that I love it, but the truth is it doesn't work well with me, because it's too white for my yellow-olive undertone. Even after my skin absorbs it, I still look like a geisha.
Except the color, It's a great product from CdP. It can cover tiny imperfections like pores and scars, and make my skin bright and glowing natrually.I feel fresh (I used fraiche) but not dry all day, better than those oil-control base which make me lines visible.The smell is not so pleasant. It's hard to spread over my face, so I always used too much. It's too expensive, but compare with other products from CdP, it offers the highest cost performance.
Because of the color, I have to used other deep shape fdn to adjust my geisha-like complexion, maybe next time I will try to mix it with moisure emulsion to make it thinner and less white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

I bought this in base de teint (fraiche), a smoothing base for pores. Their other formulation, tendre, is for fine lines. The fraiche one helps my foundation glide on more smoothly. It leaves a whitish cast that disappears with a light hand and some massage. This is due to the titanium oxide, SPF 22. I will use this for special occasions or simply alone without foundation. The SA used a foundation brush to apply this primer prior to the foundation.