April 21, 2014 | 924 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Retractable Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

This brush is just as good, if not better, than the original non retractable one. I like that i can carry this around in my makeup pouch and that it's a little bigger and denser than the original. The only down side to this is that the lid for mine does not stay on! I could have returned it but i just couldn't be bothered. Also the inner metal bit that you pull up when you're putting the lid on does not come up smoothly. So in that sense, the packaging for this brush is horrid and very inconvenient. I will still purchase this again though, just because the bristles do a wonderful job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by cass271

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush! I wish I had gotten two. The one I got shed a couple hair when I got it. It shed a few more when I washed it and after using it for a couple of times. But, on later applications the shedding stopped. So, I think the ones that fell off were just loose hair from manufacturing. I really like the casing. It looks expensive. I do feel that this is a bit more dense than EDM's LHK. I will definitely repurchase this when it makes a return.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

I have this EM Retractable Kabuki and the Too Faced Retractable. The brushes and casings are almost the same size. The top to the Too Faced fits the EM a bit snug, but the EM top is too loose for the Too Faced. The casings are nearly the same construction other than color.

As for the brush, I love my Too Faced for foundation but it is too dense for finishing powders and that's what I need an "on the go" brush for. The EM is slightly less dense and will be great for finishing powder touch ups.

Also, I fiddled with my EM retractable for a bit, running my fingers over the top and could not get a single hair to come loose. Every time I run my fingers over the Too Faced that way it looses a few hairs. (I actually did this for an hour one day hoping that I could get it to thin out enough to work for finishing powder )

ETA: Product is good, but company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F! Over time lid is getting more and more loose. Had to squeeze it a bit out of shape to get it to stay on at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Update - this brush sheds too much and I wouldn't recommend it.
I was one of the lucky recipients of this new retractable kabuki brush before it was released. As soon as I got it, I noticed how substantial and full the brush head was. I also noticed it sheds quite a bit. After washing it, there were a few more hairs lost, but this brush is so nice other than that. I would definitely buy another one as it is a very nice size kabuki yet very handy for travel and it only cost $10.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No