October 24, 2014 | 1454 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Nail Art Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by dd1987x

I had wanted one of these pens for a while and finally got around to buying one. They were always so expensive for how little polish was in them.
The first problem I ran into was that it leaks! I got black all over my hands, face, and arms before I realized this. Must have wasted a ton of it.
Problem #2 was that it washes off almost immediately. I don't suggest washing your hands in between using the pen and adding a clear top coat!
Problem #3: I redid my designs since they had washed off, and was adding a top coat when I noticed that my nail designs were being removed with it! Not really sure how to get the polish from the pen to stay on if it comes off no matter what I do!
Now I know why this product was on sale! Sad because I have come to trust Sally Hansen nail products, and I generally stick to them for nail jazz, but will now question their quality...
BOO!

Couple of positive notes: it looked good (before it washed off) and was easy to use. But what good is that if the stuff just disappears after a hand wash or top coat?!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by mixer085

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So it was just today I had realised that my black nail art pen wouldn't stop pouring out of my pen! I mean like seriously, it is being wasted for no obvious reason. I don't know how it's leaking but today I was doing my nails with the nail art pen and when I was finished I put the lid back on, then a few minutes later I took the cap off and the pen was destroyed with black nail polish, it was pouring out so I grabbed a tissue and cleaned it up but then it kept pouring out, it still is right now! What should I do?? It was 3! I would buy a new one, and if I knew this was gonna happen I wouldn't have bought it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are terrible. I bought a white one so I could do french tips at home. I wasn't expecting these to be salon perfect, but they did not work at all. They dry very fast which is a plus, but it takes several layers so it's not see through. They are very, very watery! Usually I put on those sticker guides to make the tips, but the white seeped through under the stickers. It looked awful. My biggest complaint is that the polish crackles when you use a top coat. I tried several different polishes and it cracked, just like crackle polish, with every single one!! I cannot use this pen. This is such a waste. DO NOT BUY THESE.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

I have the same experience with these nail art pens others here do.

I bought the black and white ones from Wal-mart hoping that it would be easy to do cute designs with. It's easy to do designs but the white one is see through you have to do many coats to get it to show up. Once you finish your design and you put a top coat over it as directed, it smudges all over. I tried giving it time to dry but it doesn't help either.

I don't know what to do with them. I just have them sitting around. I'm gonna try them again and see what happens.. perhaps try different top coats I don't know. The idea is awesome but I think it's the water-based thing that makes it bad.

Don't purchase this. Save your money cuz they are quite expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these in black and white with high expectations considering they were about $10 each, and boy was I disappointed. Keep in mind that these are water based; i didn't know that at the time of purchase. They go on pretty smooth, but as soon as you put a top coat on it smears the living daylights out of the design, making all of your detailed work totally pointless. To add to that, the white has to be gone over a few times because it does't come out opaque. I definitely WAS NOT impressed with these.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always seen this in the store. I'd look at it every time but would always pass it up. I finally decided to stop torturing myself and got the one in black. I was super excited when I seen the pen like applicator and had really high hopes for it. The first time i tried it my base coat was dry and I applied the designs on every nail and went to bed hoping it would hopefully dry overnight. I woke up with the designs smudged all over the nail, me and probably the sheets too. What a disappointment.

The second time I had put a clear coat over it a few mins after applying the desings with the pen and the clear coat nearly took it all off.

I also notice that this bleeds or feathers. When I think of nail art pen I think of something similar tothe consistency of polish, maybe a hair thinner for better art design application. But the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen is not really runny but just more like ink. Not the consistency of polish where it actually dries. I like the little applicator but these nail pens are a complete fail.

They retial at Walmart for $7 USD. A little expensive for the size and quality. I wouldnt recommend this to a friend, much less an enemy. The only way I'd repurchase is iff they changed the entire formulation and came way down on the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Hxcookie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought one of these in white and its practically see through on any color nail polish, doesn't come off easy, requires shaking (VIGOROUS) and it's messy when it does come off, And goes on weird.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by TeresaAnn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product doesn't stream together smoothly in lines, it bubbles up and clumps together. I feel like an idiot because I bought 2 of these at the same time. Save your money--stick to dotting tools & toothpicks. I wish I could post pictures of how miserably it failed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by AllThingsGirly11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was SO excited to buy this product, and now I am just sad :(. It's a great idea, but doesn't work so well. The first time I used it, I had to press down so hard to get anything out that I was leaving indents in my nail polish. That was a bummer, had to repaint my nail. So I put it away for a little while and just about an hour ago I decided to paint my toe nails and I found the white pen I had gotten. I drew some pretty flowers and polka dots- super cute. I let the white dry and then went to apply the shiny top coat....flowers?! what flowers???? The top coat completely obliterated my flowers and polka dots. But I figure hey, I'll just dip the damn pen in actual white nail polish and tada, problem solved, money a liiiittle less wasted. Won't be buying anymore of these any time soon though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Jitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this pen in black. The polish was watery and runny, like ink from a fountain pen. I understand making the polish thinner so that it's easier to draw intricate designs with, but this is just ridiculous. This product is NOT for nail art newbies - it's inky and runs all over your nail - no matter how careful you are. Regardless of my negative first-time experience, I gave it another try on a friend. That's when the entire pen oozed black ink all over my legs, hands, and nails. I had to soak my limbs in 100% acetone. This is the worst product for nail art - stick to the traditional nail polish and fine tip brush method.