July 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Polishes - Avon - Nailwear Pro in Sunshine

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

This is my first yellow nail polish ever! I was excited to try a bold yellow and this shade does not disappoint. It's a real compliment getter and I can see the eyes of other people going right to my nails when I have it on. I took one lippie off because of the formula. There are many lines out there with far superior formulas than this. You really need to be a pro at doing your own nails if you want to get the finish smooth, glossy, and perfectly opaque. Bright yellow looks super sexy on nails for the summer and I'm glad I have this in my arsenal!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting to try a yellow nailpolish ever since I saw the "It" color on OPI's website. So when I saw this and it was a pretty decent price I was ecstatic. I had never tried any Avon nailpolishes before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I ordered two different colors, love everything about the other one but I was really disappointed about this one. First, it didn't seem to go on as smoothly as the other one I purchased, which is odd because they were the exact same polish except for the color. Second, It started peeling and chipping in a little under a day. Again, this did not happen with the other one. Third, I know anyone who hears yellow would think bright, but I guess I was thinking of a more mellow yellow and this was certainly not that in my opinion. Fourth, it's so terribly streaky I had to put like 3 coats on and it took FOREVER to dry. Seriously, I should never get this frustrated with a nailpolish,lol. I'm half and half on this because like I said, the other color was fantastic. Will not repurchase this color. I hope the others aren't like this one either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I LOVE the color, but the formula sucks. It was very streaky still after 4 coats and it took a long while to dry so I could apply th 4th coat. I still wasn't happy so I removed it and applied China Glaze's Chiaroscurro (a nude color) instead. I left sunshine on my toes though since no one looks at them long enough to see the streaks even if they get close enough. I would say this is definitely my worst nail polish in terms of application. It's similar to my super gummy but also 2 years old China Glaze 'For Audrey' which turned me off CG for a year because it was already slightly too thick when I got it and has only gotten worses. Thankfully, the issue seems to be specific to that bottle and I quite like most of the CG Ive bought Now that one is also super streaky, but only because it's so old. I should probably just pick up another one. Anyway, I would rank Sally Hansen as my favorite nail polish formula followed by NYC then OPI, then China Glaze, then Wet n Wild, and finally now Avon. Seriously the worst formula of any polish I've tried. Applying the Chiaroscurro a couple of minutes later really showed the difference between the two polishes. Anyway, I do love the color so I'll look for another bright yellow polish, but I'm certainly not going to buy another Avon polish again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

Beautiful shade of yellow, nice and bright. Dries fast, love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

This is bad. It's streaky on 1st 2 coats. Doing thicker coats takes forever to dry. I tried 3 times, and i end up remloving it.

I'll continue my search for a nice sunshine yellow polish

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Louisamay

Do love the yellow colour of this product, the colour is exactly how it looks.
However it did stain my nails a weird orangey colour (It looked like i was smoking 40 a day) even after putting a base coat on.
Nice colour and everything, just not something i would wear a lot due to the staining.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

all i have to say is...THIS IS THE PERFECT YELLOW!!! I have been looking for it and found it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It seems that yellow polish is a hot trend, but I wasn't sure how it would look with my n10/15 skin, so waited until Avon had a suitable offer on their new LE (?) shade. Then I waited with bated breath for it to arrive, knowing most of the products I receive never match the pictures in the brochures. I got lucky; this is just like the photo, SUNSHINE is a sunny, almost neon yellow colour, with a lovely, shiny crème finish.

The formula is smooth to apply and is quick to dry. As the colour is highly pigmented you really only need one coat and it dries quickly (within three minutes). The new formula contains diamond dust and acrylic, to make the polish more hardwearing and to protect your nails. The updated brush rod has channels along the whole length: so the brush won’t be overloaded with polish = no messy glop’s or drips. The brush is now wider, so it takes only two strokes to evenly paint the nail.

I'd buy this colour again if I run out;it's a happy colour and it seems to add a glow to my skin. But it loses a lippy as it's only something I can get away with in hotter weather, and living in England means this is a 'special occasions' only polish :)

Using my usual base & top coats this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but I’m tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been seeing alot of yellow polishes from sephora, opi and essie. And so when avon had this color for sale, I was like for $2.49, what the heck! I just ordered it. If youre trying to find a pastel yellow or a gold yellow this is not for you. When I received it I know what I was getting: a school bus fluorescent yellow..lol. That is ok because I'm not afraid of color and only a few avon buyers can pull this off because this polish is not ladylike but more emo. The formula is on the thick side so I shoke it before applying. After 2 coats this is not streaky, its actually an even color. It dries quickly. It looks great w/ my NW35ish skintone, its one of those colors that would make your 'tan' look darker, flourescent colors have a tendency to do that. I will not buy it again, I just ordered it for fun. In the fall, I'm going to try the navy nailcolor named Classic Fit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

This is a very new product from Avon, and is a hot nailcoor color this summer (true, primary yellow).

PROS: Nice bottle.

CONS: Streaky on 1st and 2nd coats. Smells atrocious, even for nail polish. Has a lot of bubbles on my nails, even though I didn't shake it before applying.

Overall, save your time and money and pick up some yellow nailpolish at the drugstore.