April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - 10 Years Younger Makeup Finish

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been aching to try Skindinavia for over a year now..especially after finding out it's the same formula as UD and Mary Kay. I'm only 22, so I don't necessarily need this to take years off of my face, but i understand the point of the name. If you apply too much product, your makeup can age you..whether it be too much cream, powder, etc...this will get rid of it. I have tailored my foundation routine with this, and have never received this many back-to-back compliments on my makeup as I have since I started using this. I spray this, immediately following my primer. After I apply my cream foundation and concealer, i spray it again, and then do my eye makeup while I let my foundation settle. It totally takes care of the often dreaded cake face, and my banana powder adheres flawlessly to my concealer afterward. I spray it again after Ive finished my full face, and it remains PERFECT all day. I am collecting all of the setting sprays, just because I'm a makeup junkie, but this will definitely be one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sean1

Many reviewers said this spray will give your makeup a dewy finish. Even after applying too much powder accidentally, spraying this will make you look natural. Well~ that is not true at in my case. No matter how much I spray this, it doesn't make my face dewy. Actually, it dries my face.

However, I am absolutely going to repurchase this because it does a great job holding my makeup in place.

Before trying this spray, my mascara always smudged no matter what kind I wore. Now, I don't have to apply powder under my eyes that makes me all wrinkly and stuff.

Not only that, it even holds my lipstick. Not 100 % but when I come back home after a long lunch meeting, I still can see some lipstick left on my lips and that is something never happened before.

In case of sweating, it doesn't stop sweat from seeping out or anything but after the sweat disappears, the makeup still looks the way it was. It surely lasts 10~12 hours. I haven't tried beyond that.

By the way, don't forget to shake the bottle before spraying. I forgot to shake in a few occasions and it was even more drying. It still worked holding the makeup though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I hate to be the 'odd man out' but I really didn't care for this. I fell into the hype after reading all the raves reviews, but as to much as my experience with most mists this did nothing for me. It didn't make my m/u look any better, didn't make it last longer, and certainly didn't make me look younger haha. I used a whole container and tried using it varying ways, with no success. Then again, I don't have much luck with other brands (UD, Avene, etc) and this was no exception. About the only thing it was good for was just feeling good to spray on the face. And I will admit it did have a fine mist sprayer, so that was nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Got this on a swap and am quite pleased. I am not sure if this makes make up last longer, but it does prevent caking and gives a really nice finish. It has not broken me out after several weeks of use and make up does not settle into fine lines at all! I didn't like Mac Skin fix at all. This is so much lighter and better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does what it says: it really does keep your makeup on, without feeling heavy, creasing, or making you look older. I stopped using primer, and can wear a light duty foundation/TM that actually *lasts.*

I was concerned about the pump spray; I had bought the Ben Nye corollary (ick!!!) before. That stuff is horrible--squirts out in little streams, an opthamologist's nightmare. I was surprised: despite no aerosol, this stuff gives a nice mist.

I was afraid to get the matte stuff after the Ben Nye grossness, and went with this, but I probably should've bought either the matte or the regular.
The reason that I would not buy this again is that I have aging skin but also a very oily t-zone, and I'm afraid that it accentuates that a bit. Even so, only have to blot once during the workday.

With the caveat that this is not the best for oily skin, buy on! No breakouts, not heavy, and all day natural hold.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by redhed13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my makeup look flawless. It keeps it fresh looking for a long time! I'm a flight attendant and my makeup still looks fresh after 10 hours in the air... amazing. I thought MAC's fix+ was a good product but it pales in comparison to this product. I tried the Dance version too. The dance version is good but doesn't give me the flawless glow that I get with 10 years younger. I ordered the No Shine version and will review it soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I have tried 3 versions of Skindinavia - MU Finishing Spray, 10 Years Younger and Dance! Of the 3, I prefer Dance 1st, MU Finishing Spray 2nd and 10 Years Younger. I have done reviews of all 3.

10 Years Younger = 3 lippies (actually I'd give it 3.5 if I could) = keeps my MMU locked in place for 4 hours w/out feeling like I've shellacked my skin - in fact, once its dry, I can't tell I'm wearing it. But, it doesn't keep my MU as fresh looking as the other 2 versions I tried and requires multiple touch-ups to my MU thruout the day.

CONS: it's expensive.

My skin has had no problems w/ this (no breakouts, no sensitivity, doesn't aggravate my rosecea). I would be very pleased w/ this product if I had not tried the other 2 versions, but since I do not have to touch up w/ Dance! at all, this one's rating is less.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ceemadd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Between this product as a finishing spray and Monistat Anti Chafing Gel as a primer..my make up looks flawless for over 15 hours. I have mature skin with an oily T zone that was a greasy mess in a matter of hours. Now all I need is a quick blot at lunchtime and my makeup looks great (if I do say so myself) !! This might be TMI, but I use toliet seat covers for blotting paper and they work just as good if not better than pricey blotting paper. I used to use Evian as a setting spray, but this works sooo much better. Everything stays where it's supposed to and looks fresh..eye makeup included. Another way I've used this product is to mix a couple of sprays in with my liquid makeup in the palm of my hand when applying, to slightly thin the foundation out. I apply with my fingers and I get an almost flawless airbrushed appearance.
I almost hate to wash my face before I go to bed cause my makeup still looks so good !!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by tlyt4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was skeptical. I mean, come on a fixative for your face that actually works? That doesn't break you out while some how keeping everything in tact? Well I am now a believer. This stuff really keeps your face looking amazing all day long. I took a lippie off b/c I still get a bit of shine in my t-zone, but a quick blot and I'm quickly back on track. (though in all honesty, perhaps this version wasn't exactly meant to help with this. There is afterall, one called No More Shine for that purpose, which I have not tried). The ultimate test, I fell asleep with my makeup on (insert embarassed face here) and when I woke up the next morning my makeup still looked awesome. I didn't get any breakouts either. I can't say that it makes me look younger, but it makes my face look incredibly smooth. I'll take that! My friend kept commenting on it when I met her for lunch and I finally fessed up :).

What to remember: Shake it baby shake it, prior to use.

The smell: It has a light, fresh scent, not overpowering and definitely dissipates quickly.

The feel: It dries quickly and it really does make my face cooler, it's very interesting. It also helps cut down on my face perspiring which I find interesting as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this finishing spray!! This is the first time I have used a product like this that I actually like. I have used quite a few others, but they tended to leave a sticky feel or shiny appearance on my skin. This does not. It sets my makeup invisibly, which is what I want. It does not, however, take ten years off my face! I will definitely purchase this again. Strongly recommend.