December 18, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Moisture Wrap Daily Repair Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Sophiamcvay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by peacelovepatchouli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my hg body moisturizer, without a doubt! i've used brands as cheap as suave to high-end brands such as moroccanoil body lotions. moroccanoil's moisturizer is amazing but not at the price it costs ($50!). this moisturizer works on my very dry skin all year round. we have summers that reach 105 degrees and winters that can reach -5 degrees, so i need a moisturizer that can keep my skin balanced and smooth. this is it! although i use it more sparingly in the summertime, i would recommend this product and hope neutrogena never discontinues it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

The ONLY OTC moisturizer I would buy. I have bad eczema and usually use only unscented soaps, lotions, etc, but even the scented type of this doesn't break me out. It is the only thing that I can use without itching due to allergy between showering (when I use virgin coconut oil) to keep skin supple.

Proud of my husband, because he is the one who bought it for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

*The product I am reviewing is labeled as "Norwegian Formula Daily Body Moisturizer." I was unable to find a picture of my bottle online, but it has the same ingredients on the bottle as does the Moisture Wrap, so I assume that it is the same product and either is marketed differently in Canada or it has yet to change its appearance here. This is a review for the scented formula*

Claims - True or False?
1) Relieves uncomfortable dryness: True
2) Smooth visible dull flakiness: True
3) Helps heal dry skin: Mostly true

Packaging:
I picked up the large pump-bottle size of this lotion. It's a pretty standard plastic container, ingredients printed on the back, with a pump that can be swiveled around (although it doesn't swivel that easily). The pump does not have a lock-down feature for travel, so it is advisable to transfer some into another container. I have taken it with me in my gym bag however and only once had a bit of a leak. Sits nice and sturdy on the counter.

Formula:
This is a thin to medium thickness lotion, milky white, and moderately fragranced. It spreads very easily and feels light on the skin. The fragrance isn't my favourite but I don't mind it - it has a distinct fragrance, and it can linger if applied liberally. I'm not quite sure what the fragrance is, maybe a bit floral? Does not bother my skin.

Performance:
Overall the product works very well, but there are times when it doesn't quite perform as I'd like it to. It offers a lot of hydration so only a small amount is needed to sooth and smooth my skin, but if my skin is quite chapped then a more liberal application works best, or at least multiple applications in the day. When a small amount is applied it sinks in rather quickly and feels comfortable worn under clothing during the day without transferring to the clothes. It also doesn't leave my skin shiny or greasy, although I do prefer to rinse it off of my hands as I find that on this area it can feel a bit too heavy for my tastes. I originally bought this lotion when my hands began to crack and burn from the cold winter climate a few months ago and with regular use (perhaps a week or so) my hands were almost normal. For my hands I like to either apply a smaller amount and then rinse, or apply a liberal amount, wait a while, then wash it off. I especially like that method for overnight use with gloves, but will do it during the day if I have spare time. For areas with mild dryness I am able to use it just once a week or less without experiencing any obvious ashiness in between uses (I do not use body wash but I do exfoliate my arms and legs once a week with epsom salt). If my skin is quite dry and chapped, it does take up to a week with liberal application to get the skin healthy again, so for severe winter weather regular application on areas that tend to dry out easily is probably ideal even if the skin does not feel or look dry at that time.

Bang for your Buck:
I can't remember the exact cost but I believe it was around $10CAD, maybe a bit more, for the 449ml bottle. I'm not sure how much I've used but I've probably had it for at least 3 months now and the bottle still feels quite full. Used daily it would likely last anywhere from 4 to 6 months.

Final Consensus:
A very nice lotion for skin prone to dryness, but if you have severe dryness this may not be enough for you; in such cases I'd recommend it as a supplementary, upkeep lotion to be used when heavier creams are too much or the skin doesn't need as much hydration. Nice for winter use and I'm sure it would be light enough for summer use as well, although I don't find that my skin gets that dry during the summer; when the time comes I will update as to whether it works well for warmer seasons. Would recommend!
* Overall Rating: 4.5/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 3/5
* Repurchase: Yes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Very good product. It has a good balance of being heavy enough for harsh winter days yet light enough tha you don't feel all greasy. Not scented, which is perfect for my super sensitive skin. My favorite feature is the packaging. Good pump bottle so you don't make a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin, and it itches insanely bad all year round, but especially in the cold weather. I have tried every lotion out there, even ones that claim to be for itchy dry skin, but very few have ever alleviated the itch. The ones that did required constant reapplication or only reduced the itch rather than taking it away. This lotion has finally cured it! The texture is great, midweight and absorbs easily, and it has a light fresh scent. It makes my skin soft and smooth even when I forget to apply it for a day. I haven't had itchy legs since I started using it a few weeks ago. This is now a must-have for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

This is a quite nice body moisturizer, I like it overall. It doesn't have a strong scent, but it doesn't smell bad either. I used to use it daily after shower, and it moisturizes very well. I quit it because it doesn't go with my body sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! I have gone through three tubes do far. This is a nice unscented lotion with colloidal oatmeal and really keeps skin nice and soft. I use it on myself and both of my children. I bought all three tubes at ones those grocery outlet stores so it was around $2 for each tube. Great buy for a great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ryarr001

I hated this lotion in winter. It was far too watery/thin to fix my dry skin.
However, now that it is warming up here in Missouri, it is a great everyday light-weight lotion that quickly absorbs.
It has little-to-no fragrance, which is nice for those with allergies.
I will definitely use it in the warm months.
For winter, I'll continue to stick with a thicker lotion, or just plain vaseline for the really dry areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by amkohout

I have naturally dry skin due to kidney issues and this works great. It is super moisturizing and I tend to use it after I get out of the shower - it really soaks when your pores are open from a shower!

Unfortunately I have a family history of cancer on both sides and because there are parabens in the ingredients I am hesitant. It IS nice that methylparaben is one of the last ingredients and compared to other drugstore lotions it has a lot less nasty stuff in the bottle than others.

While I love the lotion I'm still hopeful of finding a more natural lotion at a decent pricepoint. Until then this is my favorite drugstore brand for sure.