Vanicream - Lite Lotion

3.7

Purified water, white petrolatum, propylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, sorbital solution, cetearth-20, simethicone, glyceryl monostearate, polyethylene, glycol monostearate, sorbic acid, BHT.

on 12/10/2014 7:55:00 PM

This product seems to "sit" on top of facial skin, never really penetrating. As the second ingredient is white petrolatum, I suppose I'm not surprised. It also left my skin looking oily. While it goes on smoothly with no offensive odor, its lightweight properties do not quite feel hydrating enough. I have only tried this product on my face, but perhaps it would be better suited for the body.

on 10/19/2014 1:17:00 PM

HG cream for me. My skin has inexplicably become ultra-sensitive to products with strong chemicals or fragrances. I read about Vanicream on the boards and in reviews, but had trouble finding it locally until recently. So glad I did! The texture reminds me of DDF Ultra-Lite Moisturizing Dew, just a bit more watery. But, the lotion is very emollient. It rubs in pretty easily, holds moisture in, and most importantly... it has never irritated my skin! Love this.

on 8/13/2014 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to like this because I have very sensitive skin and this had a short list of ingredients. Unfortunately, I really didn't like this at all.
It was too lightweight, I never felt like it was even moisturizing my skin.

I have moved on to Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel for the daytime & cerave PM at night and I love those two much more.

on 2/23/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is now a staple for me - and it's just as gentle and friendly as CeraVe moisturizer or Cetaphil (i used Cetaphil the cleanser, the one that works as both a cleanser and moisturizer).
The feel of it is not heavy or greasy. Sometimes with Cetaphil, I felt like it was a tad heavier or less breathable.
The bottle states it is safe for everyone, including babies, and with this giant pump bottle (I purchased for about $13 at CVS)...the whole family could use it and probably not run out too soon.
I like the bottle design; a pump is perfect to me, and i like the round shape.
The cost is definitely about the same as the other brands as well.

When I saw this, it reminded me of some kind of name that would be associated with lightening the skin (i.e. i kept thinking of porcelana or something), but trust me, it's totally an innocent, lightweight moisturizer that has no frills, smells or any funny stuff.

I love it and it's going to be a staple for me. Disclaimer: when i purchased, there were only about 2 bottles in stock, so it's less likely to be seen/found than CeraVe, etc. My guess is that this is less popular to buy, but it's really good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a bunch of different lotions for my sensitive skin and found this to be the best overall moisturizer. This lite version isn't as greasy as the thicker versions of vanicream. The only down side is that I also have to put on a sun screen before I apply my make-up, so it's double lotions. I thought about trying the vanicream with spf but after reviews about it beading up with make-up, I'm not sure I'll try it. I do like this lite vanicream though!

on 4/10/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice unscented body lotion but don't use on your face.

on 2/2/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had to write a review about this moisturizer. I was very skeptical when buying this. I hadn't hear much about it, the bottle was ugly, and I was terrified it would break me out. I've been dealing with some bad acne as a result of medication, and I needed a moisturizer because my skin was flaking. This moisturizers without making me greasy, works great under foundation, and best of all it fades my acne scars! I couldn't believe it. Definitely recommend to acne sufferers

on 1/24/2013 11:16:00 AM

Background: This year I've been trying a lot of moisturizers. I used to use the Acne.org moisturizer because the acne.org BP treatment tried my skin way out. That wasn't enough, so I switched to pure jojoba oil (Desert Essence from Trader Joe's). That was fine for years until the BP from acne.org stopped working. This past year I also tried Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion which I liked, but it was a bit expensive. My derm actually gave me a sample of this and I really like it. It's light, and it sinks into my skin within minutes (I use this in the morning and I'm ready to apply foundation within a few minutes). There is no scent to it and ingredients are minimal, which I like: purified water, white petrolatum, propylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, sorbitol solution, ceteareth-20, simethicone, glyceryl monostearate, polyethylene glycol monostearate, sorbic acid, BHT.

On the days where I'm super flaky, I use EltaMD Moisturizer Moisturizer (see my review on that) paired with Vanicream Lite. This is a perfect combo for me on the days where I need extra moisturizer. Bonus: you can also use it on your dry hands/skin if you don't have lotion around!

I got this at Walgreen's. It wasn't dirt cheap, but you get a big bottle with it and I only need a nickel's worth of it per application.

on 10/25/2011 8:30:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. I bought this one and the Vanicream original at the same time. I thought it would be great for my dry, sensitive eczema prone skin. But I don't like it. It doesn't sink in...ever. I can feel it in the shower the next day. This might be a great barrier cream, but I don't feel like it does anything for the skin underneath. My skin was just as dry when I washed this stuff off. It might be better mixed with oils. It did not however bother my eczema. The lite lotion in my opinion was better than the original, but I will not repurchase either.

on 5/10/2011 3:49:00 AM

this is my favorite face lotion. its the only lotion ive tried that doesnt irritate the skin on my face. also, it doesnt break me out which is very important. i got the pump bottle and i love anything with a pump. says right on the bottle.... formulated without dyes. lanolin. fragrance. parabens. formaldehyde....