October 31, 2014 | 1218 users online

Shampoo - Chagrin Valley - Extra Honey, Beer & Egg Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently discovered Chagrin Valley soaps from reading top reviews on this very site. I was looking for something to finally clear up my acne (I'm 23 and have been having major issues since I was about 11). However, I also saw that they have shampoo bars, so I decided to get a few samples of those too. My boyfriend actually ended up stealing both the Neem & Tea Tree and the Nettle shampoo bars from me (by the way, he loves them both and his hair has never looked shinier!), but I held on to the Extra Honey, Beer & Egg shampoo bar. It cleans extremely well, I feel, and doesn't leave my hair with static, like usual. However, I have pretty thick hair and it probably gave my hair TOO much volume. Also, I did notice that my hair is a little tangly until it is completely dry, but it's worth it. The reason for the four lippies is because I'm going to try and find a shampoo bar that doesn't make my hair so much thicker because it's almost too much. Definitely an amazing shampoo bar for those with thinner hair, and it smells amazing in the shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AlasseM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying that I have dry and like really flat hair! I need a good volumising mousse to have at least a bit of volume. This bar is really good at giving some lift to my roots. But the reason it's a 4 is because it left my hair really difficult to comb and sort of dry. I have short hair so I didn't have a hard time combing my hair and there weren't any tangles. But I can imagine if I were to have long hair, I'm sure I'm gonna have problems detangling everything. I was thinking if I were to have long hair, I would use this just at my roots and follow with a moisturizing, silky shampoo bar. I'm eyeing the Cafe Moreno Bar next. Will still buy this bar. The review below me said it's good for acne, I might try that on my spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by hazel90650

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Actually the 5 lipsticks is being given not for hair care but for clearing up my acne. For my hair it left it tangled, feeling greasy, & flat when it dried. I recently started breaking out BADLY. I looked at the bar & knew honey & eggs are great for the skin. And I thought the beer couldn't hurt.. So I used it for 3 days straight to give it a terst run. After the 1st time I noticed a relief in the redness & irritation. By day 3 Everything was clearing up beautifully. I'm still using it & my skin feels & looks so much better. I helps so much with my oily skin. It really makes you skin glow. Although it didn't help with my hair, it did do wonders for my skin. So for this reason alone...... I'm definetly going to purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

I got a bunch of samples to try shampoo bars for the first time and so far my favorites are the Extra this one and the Coconut Milk. The Extra Honey Beer & Egg Bar is great for my fine thin hair. My hair responds really well to protein and this bar seems to fill the bill without OVER doing it. This bar also seemed to stay together longer. The mud and clay one got soft and broke apart pretty fast. But this one held up nicely, smells good not too strong. Also my hair has been looking so much thicker!!!!! I do ACV rinse or just condition from ears down and my hair is bouncy and full. I also LOVE that all chagrin valley shampoo bars are sulfate free, all natural, with very little packaging. Ordering and Shipping is easy and fast and they are SUPER nice people. Totally recommend and will be purchasing much more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No