April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boscia - Skin Perfecting Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

I went into Sephora last year wanting a primer to control my combo/oily skin and I was recommended this. It really doesn't do anything special honestly, I still get oily in my t-zone area hours later. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample tube from my beauty cache box and first of all, its a decent size. The packaging is also good cuz u don't need alot and with a nice squeeze tube in controls the outgoing amount quite well. Like most silicon based primer, it goes on very smooth and leaves my skin feel super silky and soft. It makes a great base for applying my mineral makeup afterward. I don't have any problem with my mineral foundation staying on the face cuz I use a setting spray as the last step. A plus for this product is that it contains more natural ingredients. I will purchase a full size tube after I finish this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Sweetienat123

I purchased my second tube of this product, and started to realize that I was looking very oily throughout the day,despite having dry skin and being in the cold winter season. I decided to try not using this primer with my regular foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear), and found that I looked better and not at all oily without it. I do like it for smoothing out lines underneath my eyes, but probably won't repurchase this a third time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have really enjoyed the deluxe sample of this Boscia Primer. It's light and makes my skin smooth and ready for foundation. I'm not sure that I will purchase a full size but I do find it very comparable to Smashbox primer. It didn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by yozhik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great tube for easy application and not dispensing too much product. A little goes a long way, and while it is not as smoothing and stable as some of the non-natural primers on the market, it is the best primer I have tried that is marketed as natural or eco-friendly.

I have very sensitive skin but no irritation or break-outs from the product, no stinging around the eyes are reported by other reviews, wondering if it does not play nice with other products like moisturizers or something in those cases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this:) I thought it was going to do nothing and i saved the box and receipt in case i wanted to return it- and i kind of wanted to get my $$ back, but it turns out i love this! it actually does make my makeup stick on better, last longer, and be more matte.

plus, anything Boscia is A-okay in my book!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by TreshaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I HATE this primer!! After only a few days of wearing this my skin broke out HORRIBLY! I thought that I would wait until my skin cleared up and try it again because the product is pretty pricey and I didn't want to just give up on it after one use... I WISH I HAD!! My skin broke out again the night after applying this. Please think twice before buying this, It is a total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 7/9/2011 - After using this for a longer time, I've realized that it makes me incredibly greasy after the initial "perfecting" period. At first I thought it was the hotter weather but the last few days have been pretty mild (in the mid 60's to 70's) and I'm still a greaseball, having to blot 2-3 times/day or more (I usually only blot once). It also stings my eyes when I apply it near my eye area. So unfortunately, my original positive review below no longer stands.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I think I'm in love with this primer! I've tried so many in the last few months (Smashbox, MUFE, L'oreal and Hourglass to name a few) and this one is the best one I've tried so far. Love that it's preservative-free and more "natural" than most mainstream high-end makeup brands. My face stays more or less matte and my makeup applies much more smoothly and lasts. A little pricey, but worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

This primer came in a set of sample sized Boscia products I got from Sephora. The set came with a gel cleanser, a day moisturizer, a night cream, an eye cream, a detox mask, and some blotting papers. Now, I don't really believe in using face primers because I've never found a primer that actually works on my skin. They never seem to make a difference in my foundation application, so why bother taking the extra step? This primer is no different from the others I've tried. It doesn't harm my skin, but it doesn't benefit it either. The texture is very nice and smooth on my face, but it doesn't seem to make my foundation last longer. My one major gripe about this primer is that it stings my eyes. I don't know what it is about this primer, but when i apply it to my cheeks and I get an inch away from my eyes, they start to sting and water. Since this is a sample size, I will continue to use it up, but I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another product that is sold as a mattifier but actually makes me oilier... I've only used this on my nose under mineral foundation (Diorskin Nude) and it causes tiny whiteheads. It's not worth the risk to try it anywhere else. If I was not super oily I might consider this a better product - it does help fill in the pores so foundation covers them better. I will keep looking for something that can do that without causing more problems along the way.