April 24, 2014 | 1863 users online

Styling Products - DevaConcepts - DevaCurl: AnGell

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

AnGell makes my 3a curls look awesome and frizz-free without making them crunchy. I use this in conjunction with Set it Free, but sometimes I just use it on its own. I use about a nickel's worth, turn my head upside down and sort of scrunch it through my hair. Because I need so little, each bottle lasts me a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by noelrayortegaxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is, by far, the best hair care line for girls with curls and waves.

My hair is fine and very wavy, not full on curls. I have struggled for years trying to find products that will enhance waves without making me look crunchy. DevaCurl had products for every type of curls and waves. Thick, course, fine, wavy, spiral, etc.

I always thought I had to either flat iron my hair straight or curl it with an iron to have pretty, sexy hair, but with DevaCurl I can't just wash, put in product, air dry/diffuse and my hair looks beautiful and natural.

And for girls with highly textured, coarse, and spiral hair there are products within the line for you too! I am a stylist and always suggest these products for my curly girls because they enhance textured hair beautifully and naturally. No sticky, greasy, or wet-looking curls.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by perfumenero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started using DevaCurl products. I use a generous amount of the Gel, and there is no residue or crunchy stuff. It leaves my curls soft with barely any frizz. I really like it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is a great smelling, nice gel that works ok. It looks & feels pretty nice at first, but as the day goes on, it still feels nice, but falls very limp (I have fine wavy/curly hair). This might be good for thicker hair types, not mine. I don't like how it leaves my curls stringy looking either. I like products that chunk together my curls like AG Recoil.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Product is okay. It smells great, but the hold is light and curls frizz after a couple of hours. For the price I'd expect better results. I also find it to be VERY drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently got a wavy perm and wanted something with more natural ingredients that left my hair looking soft (not crunchy) and defined the curl. This product is PERFECT for all of the above!! I have fine hair and it's a little past my shoulders. I follow the directions exactly... get out of the shower, flip my head over and gently scrunch/press the curls upward to remove some water, and before it's dry I use about a quarter size amount of Angell... rubbing it between my palms and then flipping my head over and gently scrunching/pressing the curls to the scalp while evenly distributing the product. Before my hair is all the way dry, I take my fingers at the roots and gently lift the hair from my scalp and voila! Lovely, soft waves that last all day. I often get a little crunchiness on the top layers when it's dry, but all I do is just scrunch those curls a little bit and they soften easily. I know, super long review, but it always helps me when I consider buying a product to know the best way to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kryssycherry

Now that summertime is pretty much here, my curls have a tendency to frizz up or weigh down with product. Last month, I went to Ulta and found they sell trial sizes of this product, which I was always curious to try. First time I used it, I noticed my hair wasn't weighed down and it was still somewhat soft to the touch. I really like this product a lot. It's creamier than a usual gel, so it doesn't dry as crunchy as gel has a tendency to. Also, so "gel flakes" so that's an added bonus! So far, this is the only product I can use, wake up the next morning, and my hair isn't as Edward Scissorhands-like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product line is great for naturally wavy/curly hair, but here's the thing: it's trial and error. I find it works best for me when I use the Low Poo daily and follow by LEAVING IN a small amount of the One Condition. Then I follow with DevaCare Arc Angell and finish with Sebastian Trilliant. This is the ONLY way this stuff works for me when I want to wear my hair natural. Otherwise, it either ends up very frizzy, curls don't hold, or curls stick to my head with no volume. BTW - I'm a naturally a 2B.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lmb31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Makes my wavy hair have nearly spiral curls!!!!!