October 23, 2014 | 1938 users online

Hair - Got 2 Be - curled up

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by CalypsoOrchid

First of all, let me just say that I think it's so important that in all reviews people should state what hair type they have. All products work differently with different hair. I have wavy hair. I don't usually wear it this way because the curls aren't really tight enough to look good. I bought this hoping for some shape and I think it works fine. As with anything, nothing is a miracle but it left me with tighter curls and nice body. After the shower I let my hair air dry a bit and then sprayed the product on my hands. I did a scrunching motion throughout my hair and let it dry completely. No heating products as I believe they will poof it out. It's a little crunchy but overall okay :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 9:57:00 AM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its a creamy gel that left my waves feeling crunchy and it took forever to wash out...will not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Mandalay

I would rate this product as fair. It works best on wet hair, but not so much on damp or dry hair. It is very sticky and sometimes it doesn't seem to style my hair at all. The scent (green apple?) is really strong and I have allergies, so I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ThaOnly0ne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Spray is very,very, tacky and sticky to the touch and smells funny. I will wash my hair with shampoo (even though I'm on the no-poo method) just to get it out. Very yucky product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really sticky! the pump broke right away. couldn't get more product out of the bottle by spraying. I usually like got2be products, but this one was a huge disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Huh...I almost don't know what review to write here because I used to hate this stuff and yet today it worked beautifully! LOL. I got "Curled Up" at a Wal-Mart about a year and a half ago, used it a few times, and hated the way it made my hair feel cruncy and the sprayer clogged. (The packaging is a big drawback). I did kind of like the weird green-apple scent, but I just didn't like the way it worked for my hair. This morning, I tried it again after getting out of the shower. It worked! My hair looks pretty damn good, especially considering lately it's been looking terrible. As I sat in my art history lecture this morning I did notice that my 50% dry hair was a bit crunchy in some spots, but I scrunched between my fingers and now it feels fine, and a little more defined than the soft floofy mess it usually ends up as. I don't know maybe if it's the fact that the water's different at school or something, but I really like this now. Go figure. I guess it's really just one of those products that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, although I do think a lot of it is in the application.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 10:08:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

altho this product is part of my daily routine, i wasn't extremely impressed..cuz it doesn't pump up my curlz or anythin, juz a milder alternative to a hairspray. it manage to hold my curls for awhile before the next touch-up. i had gd luck wit other 'got 2 be' products tho.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by PixyAnne

Why did I buy this? The smell was so-so, and the result was lacking in what it promised. Overall, I would conclude it was a decent texturizing spritz, but left an awkward thickess in my hair. Plus, I didn't get much product for my buck.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 10:18:00 PM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a short, mist spray-type plastic bottle with a seemingly glow-in-the-dark color of yellow liquid. You DO have to use this sparingly, otherwise it's Sticky and Crunchy City. I just hate that no matter how careful I am, I spray this on some part of my face. The little nozzle seems to want to spray to cover a large area, so it's hard for me to do the sides without resulting in a glue-on-my-face feeling. Really, I scream everytime. Dagnabbit. I won't repurchase...it's just not good enough. Plus, it has alcohol in it. Not cool.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2003 11:25:00 PM More reviews by krochon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I find this gives definition to my curls. I used it sparingly all over my hair, crunch with my fingers and let air dry - that's the regular morning routine. I also use it on top of my mousse before blow-drying, if I have time to blow-dry.
It does make hair sticky and stiff if you put too much.
It's sure to go in my suitcase if I leave the house, and it's the only styling product I bring with me.