Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap

4.1

(**This is the list for the non-organic large bar. I believe they are the same but the small bars ingredients are organic**) African Black Soap Base , African Shea Butter , Oats , Aloe , Plantain Extract , Vitamin E , Essential Oil Blend , Vegetable Glycerin , Palm Ash , Rosemary Extract , Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anyone with acne prone and/or sensitive skin should most definitely try this! I have tried just about every drugstore face cleanser on the market: chemically, natural, in-between, and nothing works as well as this 100% natural face wash! It's gentle and non irritating, but also heals and clears up acne! Does not break me out whatsoever, which is VERY hard for me to find. I found that after I rinsed it off, my skin felt very soft and clean but NOT stripped like many other "natural" cleansers had done (because of their alcohol content). This has a very short ingredient list that is only of the purest things which I really liked. My only complaint would be that the packaging is kind of annoying because I had to keep mine in the film and it gets a little messy, but still not a big complaint compared to the overall benefits!!

on 7/12/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Repurchased twice! I tried another black soap and it was not good. This is awesome though- I use it on my body and I have not broke out on my back or chest. If I stop using this-I will break out. This along with a body scrub to exfoliate keeps my skin so nice. It is drying and I do feel squeaky clean afterwards, but a good lotion is all I need. Recently, I began using it on my face but I am weary because I am afraid it is too harsh. I think it is helping clear up pimples faster but I only use it a couple days in a week.

on 6/12/2015 4:31:00 PM

I like that this soap made my skin feel squeaky clean, it is nice for the price. However after using it for a week, while it did clear up my skin, I was soooo dry and flaky, I only use this once or twice a week so I don't overdry my skin. I may repurchase because it did clear up my skin, and also because it's lasting forever since I don't use it everyday.

on 6/4/2015 2:42:00 PM

Who would have thought that this cheap product would make me move my high end cleansers down in the sink cabinet? Well, it did.
I have acne-prone oily/combination skin, and I felt unhappy with my cleansers I had in rotation, and decided to look for a more natural alternative. This is it!
My face looks great since I started using it (about 3 weeks ago), I can't say it prevents all breakouts (especially since they are mostly hormonal), but I do notice them healing much faster (in 2-3 days), and when I don't have breakouts, my face is even, smooth, no longer dehydrated and overall nice looking. It doesn't give me that tight feeling after washing, and I don't feel it leaves a film.

I do first pre-cleanse with my oil cleanser (TTDO Balm or Ole Henrikssen Melting Gel), follow with this soap, then moisturize, and they all seem to complement each other nicely. I also use it with my Clinique sonic brush, and they work excellent together.

I adore the subtle scent, and the loaf doesn't melt in the dish.
It seems to last a long time, I use it daily both morning and night and I hardly put a dent into it, in 3 weeks!

Hoping I didn't just jinx it lol... but if it continues to work this way, I will definitely keep buying.

on 5/13/2015 11:18:00 PM

This stuff is magic in a bar! I have oily/combination acne prone skin and this stuff cleared it up in only 3 days! And I have not only noticed a difference in my acne but my skin looks brighter too! I was skeptical but I heard the reviews so I bought it and it was amazing! I had no idea a 4 dollar bar of soap was going to make a diffrence, but I was so wrong, do yourself a favor and give it a try.

on 5/7/2015 6:59:00 PM

simply magic.....great for senstive acne prone skin.....just love it

on 5/7/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have spent a lifetime struggling with my skin-oily and acne prone yet Sensitive-none of the RX treatments worked. They were expensive and so abrasive on my sensitive skin that even if my mild to moderate acne cleared, I looked like my face had been in s furnace. Daily doxycycline (oral pill) worked for a time, but the ABX effected my birth control and I worried about ABX resistance, as doxy is a broad spectrum ABX. OTC washes mostly utilize agents that overdry, which on sensitive oily skin can just cause an oil EXPLOSION.

For the last few years I've had the best luck doing as little as possible. Washing at night with a soft cloth and lukewarm water kept my skin from Overreacting but that didn't exfoliate or hydrate my T-Zone. It also did nothing for my monthly breakouts. I has resigned myself to these facts-I would just have to settle for what I had and be thankful I didn't have cystic acne or some other heartbreaking condition.

Then, wandering the organic beauty aisle of my local upscale grocery-I saw IT. Black Bar Soap. Just like the kind Diane Keaton/Annie Hall used in the film. I knew nothing about it except it was 4 bucks and pretty damn cool. I threw it into my cart and moved on.

To think I almost didn't even use it, for Fear of the Explosion. But I kept thinking of Ms Keaton's softly glowing skin in the film and I knew it was very auto biographical and I tried it.

Clean, soft washcloth and lukewarm water but this time I added a little African Black to my cloth....and I've never stopped! My skin looks the best it ever has! Truly. The oily flakiness is gone! My acne is gone! Well it is greatly reduced-so much so that I have been asked which Dermatologist I'm going to, what miracle drug I'm taking?

None! Just a 4 dollar bar of Magic. By keeping the bar dry and not immersing it, I expect this first bar I bought to last a very long time.
Cc
If your skin sounds anything like mine-please do yourself and your skin a favor and Buy This Soap!!

on 4/20/2015 2:48:00 AM

This stuff leaves a terrible waxy feeling on my skin that I just can't stand. I love that it's natural though which is why I gave it 3 lippies.

on 4/19/2015 10:58:00 PM

Omg I wish I would've started using this soap earlier! I don't even know how much money I've wasted on trying different facial soaps. My face has definitely cleared up, it's brightened, and I feel my complexion is finally becoming even and clear. AND IT WAS JUST $4?! I'm definitely going to try other Shea moisture products to compare. But this is a must try.

on 3/28/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I haven't used this as long as I would have liked to because it started to stain my tub. Smh. I will try it to clean my beauty blender I read from a previous poster