October 21, 2014 | 1047 users online

Gels/Soaps - Shea Moisture - Organic African Black Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Shea Moisture is an amazing company and this soap does not disappoint. I don't consider myself to have "troubled skin" but I could still see the difference this soap made for my skin in just one wash. I usually have a few small whiteheads each day but the morning after I used this soap I woke up with zero new breakouts!
This works better than some high end cleansers I have bought. It is just what I was looking for in a cleanser -- strong enough to remove my makeup but gentle enough on my sensitive skin. Leaves your skin feeling soft and clean, I can feel and see that my pores are clearer, and my skin is brighter and more even. And despite it being such a deep cleanser it is also very moisturizing, I don't feel the need to rush to put on moisturizer afterwards (but I have oily skin btw). I don't use too much, lather with warm water, rub gently for about 30 seconds and immediately rinse off with cool water.
All natural ingredients. It has an exotic earthy banana unisex scent so it could also be a great buy for a man. Highly highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by joicena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well , I like the smell. Use it for my body( never use these things for my face ) , good for my skin. Will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by NewEra

I love this soap. I have acne on my shoulders and back and this is helping. It smells great and the bar is bigger than other bar soaps.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by felice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hell no! Pass on this one ladies. I washed my face at 9pm and my face is still burning. I tried to re wash my face with purpose , and I also tried to just rinse my face with cold water and apply an organic moisturizer. MY FACE IS STILL ON FIRE!
If I could give negative lippies , I would. Back to target it goes tomorrow. This was my first shea moisture purchase. I will never purchase any products or use any products from this company again.

You have been warned.

Edit : 7/3/14 10:28 PM. ...

The soap left burns on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by shooootor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Im a product junkie. The amount of products I buy constantly is ridiculous. Not since buying this soap. My skin care needs are so satisfied I don't feel like need to get anything else...For my skin that is, hair is a different story! Im acne prone, dullness prone, clogged pore prone. Ive tried literally every single type of skin care from homemade to high end. Ive tried perscription and panoxyl, oil cleansing, biotherm, vichy u name it. Nothing has ever made my skin so glowly, so even, so clear!! Within 2 days my redness is gone, my blemishes and sploches are gone, its not drying, it removes make up, super soft even skin tone. What else could you want. Oh and its a massive bar for 5 bucks. Please everyone try it, if it does happen work for you, you'd miss out not to!! HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Bitz91

I suffer from some moderate body acne on my upper arms, chest, and back and although my face is very clear of breakouts I've always had blackheads on my nose and chin. Needless to say I've tried everything from drug store acne washes to proactive with little effect on my stubborn acne and blackheads. I've been trying to simplify my beauty routine and try more natural products, and noticed this in the natural section of my local drug store. I had heard about African black soap being great for acne prone skin and for $4.95 for a giant bar of soap I though why not. I'm glad I did. After one wash I noticed my skin felt clean, soft, and residue free. After one week I've noticed that my spots on my arms, chest, and back are clearing up and healing and my face is completely spot free with my pores getting smaller and looking cleaner with every use. I just lather up with a shower poof for my body and I use this soap with my clarisonic for my face and follow with 100% argan oil as a moisturizer. I don't find this soap overly drying and don't seem to need to moisturize my whole body everyday like I used to with standard body wash. When I do moisturize I use virgin coconut oil on damp skin then towel dry off the excess. Overall I've seen improvement in my skins clarity and tone in only a week of use and the overall texture of my skin is soft and velvety so much so I can consider skipping a moisturizer for the first time in my life. The sent is a soft earthy banana like sent that doesn't seem linger on the skin after bathing and isn't distinctly feminine or masculine. I defiantly think this soap is holy grail material for me, and for such good value for money too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by magpie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap. I've been using Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub for years but for the past few months it didn't seem like it was getting the job done. After reading all the glowing reviews on a bunch of different sites, I stopped into Walgreens to pay the cheap price of $5 to try it out. The stuff smells amazing - a rich, exotic scent that fills the bathroom. I absolutely love the smell! I rub it into a nice lather and massage onto my face - it takes off EVERYTHING. Careful around the eyes, though - it does tend to sting if I get it in mine. I also put my eye cream on right after I finish washing because my eyelids tend to feel dry. I have oily skin, and this product has not dried my face out. Miraculously though, I have no breakouts! I usually always have at least two zits or whiteheads on my face every day. So needless to say, this could be a Godsend. I also use retinol products - ROC night cream and RoC serum during the day - to speed up the recovery process of some recent hyperpigmentation markings. No bad combinations or overdrying from either of them, but like I said, I do have oily skin so it can take it. I also use the Olay microdermabrasion kit 2-3 times a week to help with the HP..my skin is finally getting better. Especially now with this soap, I don't have any new breakouts to combat & can focus on bettering my skin's overall appearance. I highly recommend this product - my skin tone looks more lively and is glowing! No more drab complexion! I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with no harsh chemicals, etc. in the soap - 5 stars!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This soap is not drying to my oily but aging skin. I use it mostly on my body, but have used it on my face too. Two things-- I had to buy a new soap dish for it. It's a huge bar! Its is has an overpowering fragrance. The fragrance dissipates over time but is really strong that for several weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by L0velyBones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a terrible breakout and I mean TERRIBLE. Red, bumpy, white heads that happened over night on just one side of my face. My regular face wash did nothing neither did astringents, toners or clearing pads. I even placed an order for Proactiv+ and in the mean time went to Meijer looking for a Panoxyl Bar ... However, I couldn't find it. I turned a corner and saw the Shea Moisture African Black Soap bar. I'd read about ABS being a miracle worker and, for $4.99, decided to give it a try. Please believe me when I say I saw a difference the next morning. The whiteheads were gone and though it took a few days for the raised bumps to go down, I saw major results in less than a week. Even the scarring is close to invisible. This product is so worth it. PLUS you get a ridiculously large amount of product - way more than what's in the bottle of whatever wash that you're paying $7.00+ for. For the record, I have very oily skin and very minimum hyper pigmentation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I use this only on my face, and it is great for drying out blemishes and clogged pores. It is very very drying to the skin, though so I have to put argan oil or moisturizer on after. I'm cutting way back on my skincare products and I think this may turn out to be a great stand in for blemish drying products and face washes. I love having one product that is gentle enough to use on my eyes that still helps heal acne. I also love that it is all natural and vegan. It smells good, a little sweet, but the scent doesn't linger. The color takes some getting used to and the foam is gray, which is weird, but this leaves my face feeling so clean and smooth, I love it.