Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap

4.1

(**This is the list for the non-organic large bar. I believe they are the same but the small bars ingredients are organic**) African Black Soap Base , African Shea Butter , Oats , Aloe , Plantain Extract , Vitamin E , Essential Oil Blend , Vegetable Glycerin , Palm Ash , Rosemary Extract , Iron Oxides

on 6/12/2015 4:31:00 PM

I like that this soap made my skin feel squeaky clean, it is nice for the price. However after using it for a week, while it did clear up my skin, I was soooo dry and flaky, I only use this once or twice a week so I don't overdry my skin. I may repurchase because it did clear up my skin, and also because it's lasting forever since I don't use it everyday.

on 6/4/2015 2:42:00 PM

Who would have thought that this cheap product would make me move my high end cleansers down in the sink cabinet? Well, it did.
I have acne-prone oily/combination skin, and I felt unhappy with my cleansers I had in rotation, and decided to look for a more natural alternative. This is it!
My face looks great since I started using it (about 3 weeks ago), I can't say it prevents all breakouts (especially since they are mostly hormonal), but I do notice them healing much faster (in 2-3 days), and when I don't have breakouts, my face is even, smooth, no longer dehydrated and overall nice looking. It doesn't give me that tight feeling after washing, and I don't feel it leaves a film.

I do first pre-cleanse with my oil cleanser (TTDO Balm or Ole Henrikssen Melting Gel), follow with this soap, then moisturize, and they all seem to complement each other nicely. I also use it with my Clinique sonic brush, and they work excellent together.

I adore the subtle scent, and the loaf doesn't melt in the dish.
It seems to last a long time, I use it daily both morning and night and I hardly put a dent into it, in 3 weeks!

Hoping I didn't just jinx it lol... but if it continues to work this way, I will definitely keep buying.

on 5/13/2015 11:18:00 PM

This stuff is magic in a bar! I have oily/combination acne prone skin and this stuff cleared it up in only 3 days! And I have not only noticed a difference in my acne but my skin looks brighter too! I was skeptical but I heard the reviews so I bought it and it was amazing! I had no idea a 4 dollar bar of soap was going to make a diffrence, but I was so wrong, do yourself a favor and give it a try.

on 5/7/2015 6:59:00 PM

simply magic.....great for senstive acne prone skin.....just love it

on 5/7/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have spent a lifetime struggling with my skin-oily and acne prone yet Sensitive-none of the RX treatments worked. They were expensive and so abrasive on my sensitive skin that even if my mild to moderate acne cleared, I looked like my face had been in s furnace. Daily doxycycline (oral pill) worked for a time, but the ABX effected my birth control and I worried about ABX resistance, as doxy is a broad spectrum ABX. OTC washes mostly utilize agents that overdry, which on sensitive oily skin can just cause an oil EXPLOSION.

For the last few years I've had the best luck doing as little as possible. Washing at night with a soft cloth and lukewarm water kept my skin from Overreacting but that didn't exfoliate or hydrate my T-Zone. It also did nothing for my monthly breakouts. I has resigned myself to these facts-I would just have to settle for what I had and be thankful I didn't have cystic acne or some other heartbreaking condition.

Then, wandering the organic beauty aisle of my local upscale grocery-I saw IT. Black Bar Soap. Just like the kind Diane Keaton/Annie Hall used in the film. I knew nothing about it except it was 4 bucks and pretty damn cool. I threw it into my cart and moved on.

To think I almost didn't even use it, for Fear of the Explosion. But I kept thinking of Ms Keaton's softly glowing skin in the film and I knew it was very auto biographical and I tried it.

Clean, soft washcloth and lukewarm water but this time I added a little African Black to my cloth....and I've never stopped! My skin looks the best it ever has! Truly. The oily flakiness is gone! My acne is gone! Well it is greatly reduced-so much so that I have been asked which Dermatologist I'm going to, what miracle drug I'm taking?

None! Just a 4 dollar bar of Magic. By keeping the bar dry and not immersing it, I expect this first bar I bought to last a very long time.
Cc
If your skin sounds anything like mine-please do yourself and your skin a favor and Buy This Soap!!

on 4/20/2015 2:48:00 AM

This stuff leaves a terrible waxy feeling on my skin that I just can't stand. I love that it's natural though which is why I gave it 3 lippies.

on 4/19/2015 10:58:00 PM

Omg I wish I would've started using this soap earlier! I don't even know how much money I've wasted on trying different facial soaps. My face has definitely cleared up, it's brightened, and I feel my complexion is finally becoming even and clear. AND IT WAS JUST $4?! I'm definitely going to try other Shea moisture products to compare. But this is a must try.

on 3/28/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I haven't used this as long as I would have liked to because it started to stain my tub. Smh. I will try it to clean my beauty blender I read from a previous poster

on 3/21/2015 7:02:00 PM

I bought this soap at target after having tried every type of acne product out there. I read the ingredients and they are all natural. I've had acne pretty much since the beginning of puberty and into adulthood. Nothing had really worked for me, so I thought I'd go the way of using products claiming to be made with organic ingredients.

Anyway, the bar is rather large so i cut smaller pieces from it. It lathers up grey and doesn't really have a scent I can relate to. Kind of earthy but not bad. One wash made my skin feel unbelievably clean. After drying, I could see my skin and pores tightening up. Because of this, I was afraid it would dry out and cause the same problems I've had with face washes before. Nope! This soap is amazing. No dryness, although I do use a moisturizer afterwards. It won't instantly make acne "disappear". After approximately 2 months of use, I'm noticing it draws dirt and acne to the skin's surface... I'm watching my skin detoxify. It's pretty crazy.

I wish this stuff was around in my early teen years, but I'm so glad I found it when I did!

Definitely recommend to anyone with adult acne, redness, oily skin, or just as a good make up remover!

I was so glad I tried this. I was interested in trying the coal face soap from LUSH but really couldn't justify 14 bucks for a hunk of soap. Luckily I found this first. The 3.99 price tag was a lot better. I have really oily acne prone skin. This not only takes off every bit of makeup but it leaves my face feeling soft and moisturized. I've also noticed my skin clearing up quite a bit. The smell is ok. The black lather takes a bit to get used to but it easily rinses away. The bar is huge and will last me quite a while. So glad I found this. Works well with my clarisonic.