November 20, 2014 | 1957 users online

Fragrances - Gres - Ambre de Cabochard

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this one strangely enough and some ambers give me a headache, this didn't. I don't get any patchouli, just a sweet, spicey vanillic amber. The amber fades pretty fast and so does the drydown, which is why I would not repurchase. Also, a minor point, the pretty bow on the cap broke almost immedialtely. But not at all bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Vanilla spiced amber. This is definitely unisex. No sweetness anywere, and austerly elegant in its dry woodiness. I didn't get a blast of patchouli like the previous reviewer. (I hate patchouli pretty much, so I would've noticed) I would consider this an evening scent as it is not light or airy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

If you like that kind of light, sweet patchouli that is all the rage these days and is NOTHING like head shop patchouli, then you'll love Ambre de Cabochard. It's all Angel-ish or Shanghai-ish or Lovely-ish patchouli mixed with a little B.O.ish cumin in the beginning (fades almost immediately) layered with a sweet, vanillic, cherry-influenced amber.

The bottle is adorable.

I'm sour because nothing I read prepared me for the patchouli, and I don't like that particular note. I can manage the hippie/headshop patch, but that thin, sweet one popular lately is wretched on me and this fragrance is WAY not working.

Will this teach me not to buy unsniffed? Tragically, no.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No